1.07 News, Info and Gossip

I'm so bad at this game. Druid died. 1k life gone in 2 hits from MSLE act 1 nightmare >_>
I don't know what build I'm supposed to get through the game the first time.. I'm trying a really really stupid assassin build, and will probably do amazon as well. Amazon is what I did last time and it worked ok, but I like that assassin doesn't need keys and has extra boost to frw.
Definitely do a sorc. If you are ok with multi-instances, bring a barb (BO) + drood (oak)+ other things as well (necro lower res or other curses could be useful)

@Xios Good luck! It's indeed basically useless to run/farm anything more than once before you reach Hell LK, with possible exception of NM LK. It's best not to care about your characters level too much, just keep pushing through. Max Static Field and Frozen Orb and put points reasonable amount of points in Cold Mastery, there's your basic Sorc build in 1.07.

And remember to keep all chipped/flawless/normal sapphires, rubies, topazes and emeralds for ring crafting. Never cube up any gems except flawlesses, in 1.07 it doesn't matter which quality of gem you use for crafting. Also, keep every exploding potion, those are needed for fire res ring crafting and can't be shopped.

Mhmm, I did a bit of research, in part thanks to your Time Traveling thread(s) @helvete and saw that there were quite a bit of item/crafting differences. I guess the lack of Countess special rune drop is sort of negated by the fact that most of the usual suspect runewords at low levels aren't even present so oh well. I tend to keep all my jewels even in 1.13/1.14 so luckily that's a habit I won't need to learn.

The character is indeed going towards the whole FO/Static build as that seemed to be the consensus in just about every thread for 1.07 I saw. Despite playing Meteorb Sorcs by default I actually didn't play too much of Frozen Orb during its heyday so I'm sure that'll be fun to focus on it again.

Some of those nuanced things though I was not aware of so (like the gem quality), so thanks @Burgomaster3 for that. Not seeing mana potions in stores was such a weird thing too. Was this a thing in Classic as well? My memory is very hazy of pre-LOD. Fairly certain you could buy Mana Potions from Adria in Diablo 1 so why did such a decision occur?

I have heard that levels tend to be very low when playing through (probably for lack of /players among other reasons) so I'm prepared to be underleveled, not that I have huge combat aspirations anyways.

Any other tiny things you think I'd find amusing? Doesn't have the be gameplay related, as my earlier examples of sound/animation differences. I noticed for example that uniques can be all sorts of funky colours. I didn't even recognize Bishibosh when he wasn't his usual orange self.

Can't buy them by default, but you could sell one to a vendor, then shift-buy it back to fill belt. Much more useful with full rejuvs though. Mana potions made their first appearance in shops with patch 1.10.

Frozen orb pre-1.09 is annoying to aim, as it will be canceled (not the graphic, but everything else will) when it passes through a monster. This skill isn't that hard to learn, though, and when it is learnt, you won't find a better finisher spell.

I was looking at Sirian's old Diablo 2 pages today (in particular, the LOD Beta page), and saw an interesting bug I've never heard of before. I tested it, and couldn't get it to work, so I guess they patched it a bit before 1.07 went gold, which is a shame. At any rate here's the bug he mentioned:

Sirian said:
That wasn't the only serious bug discovered today. In fact, the other one is even worse. Hold on to your hats!

What happens when you equip a wand and then switch weapons so that the wand is not active? That wand is dead, right? Inaccessible? Wrong! If the wand has charges on it, you can still hotkey those charges AND CAST THAT SKILL, sparing you the hazard and inconvenience of having to swap weapons, cast, then swap back.Ah, but wait. It gets better! When you cast from an inactive wand like that, NO CHARGES ARE USED UP. Free, unlimited charges, on any wand (probably other weapons too, and maybe also shields) plus you don't have to swap around to cast.It was quite entertaining watching Wrath's frenzy Baba casting unlimited Lower Resist for Sor-Cee's benefit. Sure, this can't affect immunes any more, but who the hell cares? FREE UNLIMITED charges. Yeehaa!

The other two bugs he mentioned are still there, the infinite rejuvs, and MPK ring. It's possible it only works under more specific circumstances than I tested, but if it was as simple as weapon swapping I would have expected it to have been common knowledge already.

Perhaps only barbarian can do it? (a bug related to their dual wielding, rather than weapon swapping in specific?) I dunno, but I thought it was neat, and made me wonder what else about older patches could be forgotten on some random 20 year old websites.

Perhaps only barbarian can do it? (a bug related to their dual wielding, rather than weapon swapping in specific?) I dunno, but I thought it was neat, and made me wonder what else about older patches could be forgotten on some random 20 year old websites.

Ahh.. but, all classes can dual wield in 1.07. ;)

I'm gonna test this when I get home..

I brought up the bug back in july/august and a few posters have used it. Go back a couple of pages and you should be able to find it!

I brought up the bug back in july/august and a few posters have used it. Go back a couple of pages and you should be able to find it!
Have you tried the item charges on switch?? Or just the dual equip?

What is item charge bug?

Nice shield. Not sure if it gets 4os or not. I'd throw it on a cow mule :p

I don't know for sure that physical reductions works the same as magic, but for MDR: integer reductions after % resistances are applied, and % resist is applied before ES. There was a damage order formula / flow chart for 1.07 floating around somewhere, but I don't have it saved locally, haven't been able to find it online in quite a while.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High