1.13 RoF Superchest Patterns

@Treeharl Fair points. I don't think modding is inherently bad and I agree there are useful things to be learned from it (1.07 crafting info when?), I just think there should be good bit of transparency and dialogue before jumping right in. Simple "I asked moderators about this and they were fine" would go long way, at least in my books. Forum rules still apply even when testing things, I would think.

And I don't think it was the point of this thread to find ALL the RoF patterns, just as much as is humanly possible. Were not bots after all. Yet.

@GalaXyHaXz No hard feelings, maybe just a bit gentler approach next time. There are still lots of things to discover after all.

@Burgomaster3 Unfortunately, when you know how to mod/code, it gets very difficult NOT to want to automate things like this. I think doing things the legit way is absolutely more fun. Its just that when you know your capable of making things 1000x faster, its tempting not to speed it up than give everyone the "great" news.

Anyway, no more stress runs now. I'm going to start running p5 and p7 with my melee sorc. Confuse ftw!!

I agree with @Burgomaster3 here. The discovery is the fun, more so than the runes.

Having said that, I also like it how this conversation went, with respect to all parties. Now hopefully we'll find a lot of the patterns the 'regular' way :).

GalaXyHaXz, can you put your finds separately and in spoiler tags please. Treeharl does it too for a reason. Any issues, PM me. Thanks.

I did an enlarged sample aaaaand well I really can't believe nobody found the players 8 Jah pattern Galaxy found. I will put the full results in spoilers later as I am still buissy with my sample. Fact is it dropped from a regular non locked superchest. So yeah you really won't believe what is behind the spoiler tag (its not a new pattern anymore but...).

I think there is a decent chance these patterns were missed. They both have a lot of clutter

5000 keys used when doing this "data mine"

Statistics
5000 keys used which translates to ~12,5K simulated p8 ROF runs and 25000 superchests
Runes Pul+ found (= patterns found) 33

Runes Found
Pul: 5
Um: 2
Mal: 9
Ist: 3
Gul: 6
Vex: 0
Ohm: 3
Lo: 1
Sur: 0
Ber: 1
Jah: 3 (3 times same pattern)
Cham: 0

Confirmed legit patterns
Pul #2
Pul #3
Um #2
Mal #1
Mal #2
Mal #4
Mal #5 (drops with a morning star aswell, not written in the table)
Gul #2
Gul #5
Gul #6
Ohm #3
Ohm #6
Ohm #7
Lo #1

I'll add the new patterns with a spoiler tag tomorrow

Sigh table editing from excel doesn't work the way I wanted, I have to ajust this.

The newcommers table:
Code:
#4 Pul Rune Long Bow Tyrant Club * two times found
#5 Pul Rune Antlers Colossus Voulge Ornate Plate Small Charm

#4 Um Rune Broad Axe Grand Charm Hurlbat Light Gauntlets

#6 Mal Rune Ancient Sword Diamond Mail Double Axe 4 others
#7 Mal Rune Espadon Mumyfied Trophy
#8 Mal Rune Battle Dart Bone Shield
#9 Mal Rune Ancient Axe Elegant Blade Short Battle Bow 1 other
#10 Mal Rune Amulet Carnage Helm Demonhide Gloves 4 others
#11 Mal Rune Ring

#9 Ist Rune Akaran Tagre Claymore Hatchet 3 others
#10 Ist Rune Amulet Broad Sword Loricated Mail 1 other

#7 Gul Rune Amulet Double Bow Edge Bow 1 other
#8 Gul Rune Large Charm

#2 Ber Rune Mask Ring Rondel

Did some more runs, confirmed quite a bit:

players 5
-----------
Lo #1 x1

players 7
-----------
Vex #1 x2
Vex #3 x3
Ohm #2 x1
Ohm #3 x1
Ohm #4 x1
Ohm #5 x2
Ohm #7 x1
Lo #1 x1
Lo #2 x1
Lo #3 x2
Sur #1 x3
Ber #1 x2
Jah #1 x3 (wow!)

All new finds were found through stress testing. Spoiler beware:
players 5
-----------
Gul #3 Hatchet Hands
Ohm #1 Amulet, Hyperion Spear, Martel de Fer, Spetum
Sur #1 Amulet, Greaves
Ber #1 Battle Axe, Breast Plate, Gladius, Mace

players 7
-----------
Gul #7 x2 Blade Bow, Gothic Axe
Gul #8 Large Charm
Gul #9 x2 Boots, Fetish Trophy, Mask, 2 others
Gul #10 Amulet, Double Axe, Edge Bow, Ring
Vex #4 x2 Flail, Preserved Head
Ber #2 Mask, Ring, Rondel

Currently datamining players #5 With 4522 keys in the one everyone wants on appears. So yeah I can confirm this drop(legit Jah #1) aswell with a picture.
View attachment 4873
View attachment 4874

(Edit2 removed newcommers + spoilertag due to being outdated) see new post

Last edited:
@pharphis I wish it was a duplicate pattern but I only found it one time. Ah well you can't have it all.

Aaaaand I reached 10000 keys used. People telling me how increadebly "easy" datamining" is should try it theirselves. I still clicked 50000 Chests by hand and it still took me atleast 1400 runs to do so. But when you discover 55-60% of the p6 patterns I guess you should be quite happy you ain't done this the legit way (that would require 25000 runs!!!). I only didn't confirm the legit Ist #1 from the table (Grasp)

Yes I am going to say this; I haven't found a single new Jah or Cham pattern due the process so its highly doubtfull p6 is ever going to be worth it at all. Currently there are 53 patterns (edited to 12000 keys used) in this (shiny excel) table. Green means legit pattern and red means gathered with datamining. I believe there are 70-75 patterns total on p5-6 so I did pull quite the weight here.

(removed the table here to put it in the p6 post)

Last edited:
Just came back to DII after a looooong absence, and have moved to SP due to the various Battle.net issues such as connection, lag, ladder resets (I don't play enough to warrant losing my progression every six months).

In reading this thread, I'm very envious of you all because I've probably now logged about 500 LK runs over the last 2-3 months (p7), and the only pattern I've seen is the one that is devoid of any runes that are Pul or higher - ie., the highest I've found is a Lem. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of typing "/players 7" at the start of each run because I feel like my game resets to p1 each time. :(

First of all a wark welcome to you @sanguillen. May your hrs dreams come true (or join me on 1.00 :)). Please don't be envious about me and Galaxy, we are currently datamining different playersettings which means we get data as fast as possible. But it also means we cannot keep any rune we found or find.

What I would do if I where you is if you want to start runehunting enter /players 7 in lowerkurast hell. I bet if you hit a map with two campfires, I see a post with a shiny Sur rune of you in the itemfind thread after you did 400 runs (should take you about two or three hours!).

Also to all just started p8 aigain for a small batch of 1500 keys. After Key 412 this happened yet aigain.... This has to be the most common pattern ever!

Last edited:
Thanks, @Treeharl. I've rolled a map with one campfire just NW of the waypoint, but the other campfire is a ways East of the waypoint). I do these runs with my WW Barb as I don't have a Sorc yet, and between skills and charms he's quite the sprinter. I should clarify that those roughly 500 LK runs I've made to date are indeed on /players 7, and on Hell. I guess that's where my frustration lies. Well, that and that my Hellforge drops so far have been rubbish (Io, Ko, Pul on my three Hell characters so far).

My only saving grace is that I've managed to find a Lo, a Gul and another Pul in The Pits. So I'm a Vex away from an ethereal Death Ettin Axe for my Zealadin, and a Mal away from either a superior ethereal Oath Balrog Blade (for either my WW Barb or my upcoming Frenzy Barb) or a Grief (though I need to find a 5 socket Phase Blade too).

That being said, perhaps I used up all my rune luck about 10 years ago when, on non-Ladder, one of Eldritch or his crew (couldn't tell in the commotion) dropped me a Zod. Of course, that character is long gone after my DII inactivity.... :oops:

Aaand here is our shiny p7/8 table. With 73 patterns in! Pul till Mal are 70% covered while Ist+ has 95% coverage. I expect maybe 2 more Ist+ patterns and about 6 Pul-Mal. Here is the nearly final p8 card.

Last edited:
And here is the table for players 6. I used 13108 keys which translates to 65536 superchests opened! That means theoretically I should have hit every pattern. This is obviously not the case, but still its a good 80% covered! I will try to get to the mark of 90-95% which requires me an aditional 7 patterns to be hit.

I am also wondering if I should just make this table public (for now I just put it in the spoilertag). Why? Because p6 is a bad playersetting to run. It looks very tempting when you see only 10 patterns on the current screen to be convinced there might be atleast 2 more Jah patterns or a Cham pattern. Butt in reality there is about 80% chance now that Jah written there is the final Jah. Let me tell you, there is only a 15% chance there will be 1 aditional Jah and 8% chance there will be an aditional Cham (if I hit the last 7 patterns these chances will go down to 3% and 2%!) So yeah I would love to hear some opinions about that from our hosts (@Brak and @Burgomaster3 and @Pb_pal). So yeah 57 out of 70 patterns found. I think I saved everybody a lot of time here!

Last edited:
Just because your number of runs = the number of combinations doesn't theoretically mean you hit every pattern.

If you flip a coin twice, there is a 50% chance you have seen the combinations!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High