2017 Winter RFL Signup and Running Thread: 2nd Round

I kinda think our winning chances are nearly as good as those of 22s sorcs. Sure, they do have higher chance at finding something, they will likely find considerably more qualifiers. But you know, if we find 12 qualifiers with Cham Ber Sur in top 3 while 22s sorcs find 18 qualifiers with Jah Lo Vex in top 3... well, its game on.

Yeah, I wanted to come back to that ... why CBF on a caster? I never do so, never missed it.

To pick up stuff faster while still killing minions to save time. Otherwise sorc is chilled and moves really slow. Not too clever reason, but one of those miniature changes which makes life easier for some players :D
Though I don't know why NanoMist is using it, this is just my reason.

CBF could be useful if you are chilled and want to pick up stuff whiles things are still dying, and you don't wanna reposition the merc. At least those are the situations I keep thinkin CBF would be nice.

@Gripphon Yeah, the Barbs map ain't the best, I kinda settled with it since it was better than my previous one and I didn't feel like rolling further. I kinda reasoned having them a bit scattered would make item flooding more bearable, but that isn't really the case. I'll probably reroll once again when I find a keeper with the Sorc, because that's apparently a pastime for me now.

Alas, no keepers with the Sorc yet. Couple close calls but stupid Toorc is always hanging inside. I still kill council (or a half) occasionally when I'm rerolling, if they're in a nice pack and I'm bored. Today that has netted me Ist, Gul, Shako and 49%mf War Travs, the latter being my best pair to date. Nice bit of random luck there to keep me going.

So. Few days away and it seems I'm competing with about ten Travincal bots. TYVM, Grip.

And then there's one sub-human bot already, NanoMist. This ain't no fair any more!

So. Few days away and it seems I'm competing with about ten Travincal bots. TYVM, Grip.

Mona-Lisa.jpg

I tried holding down alt while killing stuff, as was mentioned here, but had a really hard time doing so and still kill as fast. Often I would end up missing a straggler, because I couldn't target it anymore. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it, but for now I have reverted to my old playing style (with the occasional pressing alt if I think about it), as I already have enough trouble doing that and getting my run times down to reasonable levels. Fastest runs are around the 20.5 sec mark, but there isn't enough of those, and too many where I still have to spam skills a lot before everything is dead.

I was getting really frustrated by this (and the lack of drops) yesterday evening, so I'd better learn to accept the fact that I'll have 26 - 27 sec run times for RFL, not sub 25 like a lot of the other runners. Otherwise round 2 will be a very frustrating experience, while it's supposed to be fun, and something I was actually looking forward to a lot.

Btw, about holding alt ... I don't have the impression I'm missing many items actually by not doing it and just quickly checking drops afterwards. I did another test run yesterday, and in 57 minutes I found 30 runes. So again about the same numbers as other players have reported.

Btw 2 ... anyone care to post a video about their Blizz Sorcs running Council, or giving a link here? I know I've seen a few in the past, but I can't seem to find them anymore now. Thanks :).

I'm planning to make Sorc video, I just need to find the map first. In the meantime, here's Zealot!
Even worse map than with Barb and no optimization, I just basically borrowed the gear he was missing from my Barb. Just testing for fun. Zealot could easily do /players 7, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Anyway, I'm not gonna focus on that much, just a little breather in between of map rolling.

Also, so non-bot, very stylish.

looks like I'll be lucky to get 5 hours for this set

but I'll do what I can. Will be good to get some practice with Trav anyway

Wooot, I broke the 25 sec barrier (24.6 to be precise) on a 30 minute test run this afternoon. Strange how well things went, compared to yesterday when I couldn't seem to break out of sloppiness (is that a word?). After a little over 10 hours of testrunning now, I'm a bit behind compared to statistics (4 qualifiers, 1 HR), so no doubt that means I'll get very lucky during the actual tournament ;).

@Burgomaster3 Thanks for the video. Even if it isn't a Sorc, it's always interesting to see those runs.

-------------------------
Grape
Neksja
XyleneCyanol
T72on1
ffs
Lynchgrinch
Gripphon
Brak
Xios
Pb_pal
NanoMist
Burgomaster3
Chaostar
ILikeRocks
DaveW
mir
maxicek
Southpaw8668
PhineasB
Tokerdin
srrw
paradisebunny

Diablo2inDC (1.07)
----------------------------

awoken from wintersleep! :D glhf everyone!

Since I've yet to find a new Sorc map, I too would love to see more videos. I know old auteurs Grape and NanoMist are just holding out now, scrared that us mere mortals might actually learn a thing or two from their superhuman technique :rolleyes:

Also, Grip OP.

Also, welcome @paradisebunny , certainly a fine moment to wake up!

I think it is only fair to post most famous travsorc video. From this video on Travincal was no longer known as barbincal.

Wait, this thing started 4 hours ago. Kinda forgot when it starts lol. So, today some playing should be done it seems.

Good luck, everyone. May your drops be gold, kiwi and bananas. Leave oranges to me.

@Burgomaster3 - Here's a video of 25 runs with the times on the side. I think I missed a charm or jewel somewhere, oh well. It's my first time with that split format, so I kept looking over while running. ID'd a few grand charms during blizzard cool downs to try to extend stashless run until end of video. ~21 seconds average

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High