Grand charm question

BKC

Sep 13, 2008
Hi all,

I have been looking for a GC to reroll (preferably a baal charm) however i just found a GC from pindle. does that count as a baal gc? And what other monsters can drop baal like GCs?

Let me know

p.s. obviously only baal can drop "baal GC" however i would like to know what other monsters are dropping from the same TC as baal does for his charms.

if your gc is dropped on 1.10+ the answer is no. Ilvl 86 isn't enough, you can only find baal gcs from diablo, nihlathak and baal himself. On 1.07-1.09 it would suffice.

Now what came to my mind is why shouldnt i roll this +38 life GC into something better? Is it a waste of 3 pgems? I am looking for the possible outcomes from rerolling a pindle charm (not that i want all the outcomes possible though)

The question about the optimum time to stop rerolling a Baal GCs (i.e. those which can have the 41+ life affix) depends on a few factors.

If you are trading, you stop when the GC has a greater market value than a Baal GC with a worthless affix. Then sell it for such a GC plus the surplus and reroll that GC instead. On SP, you can check the ilvl with a muling program, so you don't need the 41+ life affix on it as a proof for being one which simplifies the issue a lot.

If you aren't trading, it depends on how many efforts you want to invest into it. It would be most effective if you stop as soon you could make use of that charm, no matter how mundane it might be. Equip the character in need with it. Reroll a different Baal GC if you have one. If you have none left, find out if you find more pgems than you use up to turn a Baal GC into something useful. If yes, reroll a non-Baal GC, else save up the gems until you have a Baal GC again.

If you get a non-Baal GC which could be put to no other use than replacing a Baal GC which is in the inventory of a character, then replace it and put back the Baal GC into the pool of GCs to reroll or reroll that one right away if you are currently rerolling non-Baal GCs.

That needs much bookkeeping, however. You have to know which Baal GCs are in use by whom and which affixes they have, so you know whether it can be put back into the pool of Baal GCs to reroll further. I prefer to decide about keeping a GC without doing all that, but give it to a character or put it into a stash and then forget about it.

With that ilvl 84 charm you could still reroll it to a skiller with vita roll right? You can't get the 41-45 life roll on it but it can get a decent roll(up to 40?).

This here is a thread I consult whenever I have questions concerning charms. It's old as sky, so your mileage may vary, but I think it has most of the facts straight.

The +36-40 life Vita suffix requires ilvl 77, so charms found for Lower Kurast (ilvl 80) are good for rerolling if you don't care about the higher Vita (ilvl 91) suffix. In fact, there are no other Grand Charm suffixes between ilvl 77-91, so any charm with ilvl 77+ is safe to reroll without having to care about possible rubbish mods coming avalaible.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High