99 Item Pass It On Tournament Reboot: Planning Stages

New year is preferable for me as well. My d2 time is going to take a serious hit in the next few months, but it should clear up by 2017 hopefully.

Code:
Forumite           Version           Dates
Brak               1.13>1.14         New Year ideal
Pb_pal             1.13>1.14         Anytime, but New Year preferable
kestegs            1.13>1.14
Nanomist*          1.14
DiablDiabloTwoinDC 1.13>1.14
Malevolent         1.14
PhineasB           1.13>1.14         November earliest
Franklin           Whatever          Whenever
JoeBruce           1.13>1.14         Start end of October

**** yes. Count me in :) Loved this tournament so many years ago. I needed a good excuse to get me back on D2 for a while.

I don't have a lot of hardcore wealth, but will start putting stashes/items together. I think I still have my original stash from the other 99 items tourny so I even have a sample. I should be able to provide a lot of low- & mid-level items, and maybe even a couple of higher end things. Maybe. I'll do some Meph runs with my Windy to see what I can stir up :)

edit: Wait... Brak, weren't you the one that built the max stamina sabotage Barb? Maybe I should reconsider my offer...

Last edited:
edit: Wait... Brak, weren't you the one that built the max stamina sabotage Barb? Maybe I should reconsider my offer...
:oops:
I'm definitely adding in a fair play clause to keep people like me from ruining characters this time around

Also, super stoked to have you back and kicking. Glad I could help.

Code:
Nanomist*          1.14
Malevolent         1.14
Vildecor           1.13>1.14         Whenever

Count me back in. Warcraft's out of the picture. New window dressing, same game.

I haven't played D2 in about 2 1/2 years, I would definitely be in for this, I have it all reinstalled and ready to go. Preferably 1.14, but I can change it if you need me to. I have 0 items or characters though so I wouldn't be able to donate. I am sure I could pick back up where I used to be though. So add me to your table and I am ready to go whenever, I will be playing every night when this kicks off!

*cough* *bump* *cough*

Oh, excuse me... added Señor Rocks to the table; I also have a friend I'm trying to talk into this, so we could be +1. That gives us 11, maybe 12, if everyone on the table is still game. Could use a couple more... who wants in??

Code:
Nanomist*          1.14
Malevolent         1.14
ILikeRocks         1.14              Whenever

hype!

Haven't been able to play D2 for a couple weeks now, but things will settle a bit for me after October. I will continue to try amassing some items for stashes, and probably set up a trade thread in the Trade forum to fill in the rest.

I might be interested, but only if we play on 1.14, as I only have access to that version as I am on Mac and can't seem to get Wine working, so only 1.14d for me. So, would it be likely in November when you settle down on which version to use? I don't have any HC gear, so ideally, I'd need like 2-3 weeks to try and gather at least some low-mid gear with another character first to pass on in the tournament.

Love the idea, I have no idea how I missed the original tournament back in the day even though I was active here.

I'd say we're very likely to run this in 1.14 given the player breakdown.
If someone can write up a simple to follow protocol for installing 1.14 alongside older versions that'd probably be moved to 100%

Hi guys,

This election has taken a piece of my soul with it. I don't have the willpower to even play D2 right now let alone host an elaborate tourney like this.

Sorry for letting you all down. If anyone wanted to take over, I'd gladly donate my minimal HC stash for items.

Hi guys,

This election has taken a piece of my soul with it. I don't have the willpower to even play D2 right now let alone host an elaborate tourney like this.

Sorry for letting you all down. If anyone wanted to take over, I'd gladly donate my minimal HC stash for items.

Nah, no worries. We can still do this, either soon if someone can host or later on. Rebooting this tournament is a great idea.

The election... yeah I feel the same way. We'll survive somehow. /hugs

Thanks for the well wishes.
I've had a lot of things at work come up recently as well, so I don't see much Diablo time in the foreseeable future unfortunately.
But I'm still saving all my things from HC in a stash in case someone would run this.

I will be able to join in the fun if someone decides to host this sometime in the New Year.
Code:
Nanomist*          1.14
Malevolent         1.14
ILikeRocks         1.14              Whenever
Southpaw8668       1.14              2017

To continue prodding this idea along, I went through the stash I had from the previous 99 items tournament and broke down what types of items were included, to help us develop our stashes for this tournament. There could also be some type of "ante" that people contribute if they want to play in the tournament. That's how the old ones were, although the HC community was bigger and folks were more likely to get "sponsored" - that's how I was able to play :D But this sheet could help us decided what that ante might be.

I have a modicum of HC wealth, accumulated mainly from running Meph with a wind druid (which I'm really slow at, despite an awesome map and a teleport staff). I could probably put together 2-3 stashes, maybe 4 if I get generous/lucky enough. If others start considering how many stashes they can put together, we might be able to move forward.

Link to Google Sheet of stash breakdown.

I'm happy to contribute what i've got.
I've been saving anything that might be applicable from Peter's run up to early Act I Hell (blues/yellows and socketables mainly), which would fill in a lot of miscelanious items that might be more annoying to get together.

I'm still too busy to play/host something like this though.

(Mostly) sounds good, Brak. Looking at the data, we would need ~15 unique items and ~10 set items per stash; only 15-20 elite-class items (about 3 unique). Most of the sets in this stash were lower level and and in groups (I had 3 pieces of cathan's and 2 civerb's) to take advantage of set bonuses.

This was a requirement from Skunkbelly's tournament; those who wanted in had to cough up (or find a cough-willing sponsor):
Code:
- 3 normal unique items
- 3 normal set items
- 4 exceptional unique items
- 4 exceptional/elite set items
- 1 elite unique item (if you do not have any you can afford to provide, then you may send a *class specific* unique item instead) 
- 10 exceptional or elite items (weapons or armor) with two or more sockets
- 10 rare exceptional or elite items
- 5 pieces of rare jewelry
- 5 pieces of magical jewelry
- 5 wild card items (whatever you want).

Based on the spreadsheet and this info, do people think they could supply the items? I will volunteer to start assembling stuff, if there is still interest. 11 people on the table now; we could use 3 more :)

I'm still too busy to play/host something like this though.

Awww, come on.....

I mean since September, I've only managed to get a highly twinked Avenger pali from Hell Lower Kurast to completion rushing through most of the game, move my naked Barb from Act V NM to Black Marsh Hell (full clear though) and farm an Um and Gul from RoF superchests.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High