Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

Off-topic question: Do I need to raise my defense in hell? I have max block but I feel like sometimes boss packs just hit me for insane amounts of damage. I've almost died a dozen times just from getting hit a couple times with 1.5k life. I max'd out my resists but it's just the hits that always put me in the danger zone, especially from projectile mobs like archers. I just spam my full rejuvs and eventually kill them but man, a lot of the time it get's pretty close (~%10 life left). Is this just the way it is?
Defense only matters when standing still, walking or attacking, so if you're getting hit while running more defense won't help (in fact the entire to-hit formula is ignored while running, and chance to block is reduced by 1/3rd [meaning the maximum chance to block while running is 25%]). If you're having troubles in actual fights, better tactics are probably the trick, so focus on not trying to directly tank the damage and instead lead the monsters into your hammer fields.

In terms of max block, first I have to wonder what shield you're using since with level 10 Holy Shield 164 required dex seems quite high as a requirement unless you're at a pretty high character level already. I'd suggest trying to find a 2 socket shield (preferably a Paladin shield) and putting the Rhyme runeword in it (Shael+Eth). The only shield in the game that couldn't have max block with less than 164 dex and level 10 Holy Shield at level 85 (which I realize is higher level than you are) is the Small Shield, anything else would save points though clearly the higher the block rate the better.

That said you don't have to have max block. If the danger you face is mostly in fights it could help, but if the danger is mostly from things like slingers or other ranged (or magic using) monsters hitting you while you're moving, then block is probably worse than health. Also, as I said before, strong tactics are far more reliable than block, regardless.

Regarding Countess, does her rune drop get worse if I raise /players? I always thought more players meant more drops, which would mean a better chance for more runes - is Countess and exception?
The Countess has two separate drops: a normal and a special, and the special only happens if all her possible drop slots are not populated by the normal. Increasing the players setting makes it more likely for her to drop from her normal drop table instead of her special (rune) drop table. It increases your rate for runes above her special droptable's limit (her normal drop table includes up to Lo while her special table only goes up to Ist,) but decreases your total chance for runes.

In terms of max block, first I have to wonder what shield you're using since with level 10 Holy Shield 164 required dex seems quite high as a requirement unless you're at a pretty high character level already.

Currently using an Aerin Shield as my spirit. It has base 52% block chance, but +41 all resis so it was hard for me to pass up on it.

The Countess has two separate drops: a normal and a special, and the special only happens if all her possible drop slots are not populated by the normal. Increasing the players setting makes it more likely for her to drop from her normal drop table instead of her special (rune) drop table. It increases your rate for runes above her special droptable's limit (her normal drop table includes up to Lo while her special table only goes up to Ist,) but decreases your total chance for runes.

I see. Got it thanks.

Ran a few more Countess today with the advice of running it under player1 and found an Ist!!! Time to find a 5os flail :D

Or use amn ral + pametyst on white flails which 20% will result in a 5 socket one. Still finding Ohm at andy's throne room is roughly the same chance as finding Jah at AT so yeah pretty lucky indeed. Still I do recomend you to do lk runs. If you do enough you might even get your eni that way! Expect a Sur or Ber every ~ 500 runs meaning you need 2k runs to get your eni finished. Doing so will net you quite alot of skillers aswell and since your already using spirit there is little reason to run andy for a very rare zaka drop. Also andariel will never drop Mara and Arach so I woudn't be spending too much time on her, her throne room usually drops even better...

Well I got the 5os flail and made my first CTA... Lol. Feelsbadman.

Oh well, it is what it is. I still get a decent life boost but its the short duration that's gonna be a bit of an annoyance.

yawn. Someday I'll get one of the two items i want

Code:
Darkforce Spawn 
Bloodlord Skull 
Defense: 360 
Chance to Block: 0 
Durability: 13 of 20 
Required Level: 64 
Required Strength: 106 
Fingerprint: 0xd301fa9 
Item Level: 88 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+3 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+2 to Curses (Necromancer only) 
+30% Faster Cast Rate 
+142% Enhanced Defense 
Increase Maximum Mana 10%

Finds from 96->97 lvling with my hammerdin:

Ist, Vex, Ohm, Ber, Jah

40/15 Jewel

Code:
Templar's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1712
Durability: 57 of 60
Required Level: 74
Required Strength: 232
Fingerprint: 0x602df301
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+185% Enhanced Defense
+297 Defense vs. Missile
+12 to Strength
+12 to Vitality
+50 Maximum Stamina

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x52abba13
Item Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xbf152ac2
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +21

Death Cleaver
Berserker Axe
One Hand Damage: 80 - 237
Durability: 23 of 26
Required Level: 70
Required Strength: 138
Required Dexterity: 59
Fingerprint: 0x24319152
+40% Increased Attack Speed
235% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
66% Deadly Strike
+6 Life after each Kill

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x559d22a8
Item Level: 94
+67 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Foul Small Charm of Blight
Small Charm
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x554387de
Adds 102 Poison Damage Over 7 Secs (175 Frames)

Realgar Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xa09ac841
Item Level: 85
+15% Increased Attack Speed
30% Enhanced Damage

Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 105 - 278
Durability: 34 of 65
Required Level: 79
Required Strength: 189
Fingerprint: 0x6b97aec8
20% Chance to cast level 10 Static Field on striking
Indestructible
+20% Increased Attack Speed
110% Enhanced Damage
+150 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+600 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 50 - 200 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
Lightning Resist +75%
+1 to Light Radius

Jade Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xfbff07df
+19 to Life
Poison Resist +8%

Rune Brow -> Still looking for that 2/20 Paladin skills
Circlet
Defense: 23
Durability: 28 of 35
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x8be9577d
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+35% Damage to Demons
+53 to Attack Rating against Demons
+18 to Mana
Level 1 Attract (14/22 Charges)

Why run LK when you can get such goodies and level up at the same time ? :)

Congrats, that's impressive !!! Surely gives me hope for my journey from 96 to 97, which will start very soon now.

Why run LK when you can get such goodies and level up at the same time ? :)

Congrats, that's impressive !!! Surely gives me hope for my journey from 96 to 97, which will start very soon now.

Edit: sorry, double post due to the website behaving wonky or my internet connection. Please remove.

lol I read the name of the 40/15 before looking at the stats and it threw me off. GG

Ran about 120 keys worth of LKs today, got some good runes! I'm currently running it on players3 because I saw on a guide that it could actually be more favourable for certain rune drops. Thoughts? I tried running a few times on p8 but I feel the mobs are too strong and the risk is not worth it.View attachment 3373 View attachment 3374

Garnet Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x44fdaf5
+20 to Life
Fire Resist +9%

Darkforce Spawn
Bloodlord Skull
Defense: 360
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xd301fa9
+3 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+142% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 10%

@d2ayyy Congrats on the runes. As I read it, there used to be a difference in player setting depending on which rune you wanted to find in earlier patches, but now you just want to run on /p8 to increase your odds for HRs. I'm not entirely sure though, so I hope that someone will pop in and give a conclusive answer.

@pharphis Nice finds. But you already posted that Darforce Spawn in your previous post :).

@d2ayyy Ehm that was the situation for 1.10. 1.13 drops about 2 times more hrs (expecially Sur) on players 8 as players 3. Also players 8 will give you more charms.

@d2ayyybut now you just want to run on /p8 to increase your odds for HRs.

There is no difference between /p7 and /p8 for monster drops, but is there one for chests? I don't think so, but I'm not sure...

There isn't a difference for superchests and regular chests, I also don't think there is a difference with poppables. I am just running players 8 instead of 7 as habbit. Still players 7 does the trick aswell.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High