Character Simulator: CharSi

Ok I admit, I did stop developing this for a while. RL intruded and things got really crazy and I simply haven't picked it back up. But I do really want to finish this off, so I will hopefully be able to continue developing in the near future.

One thing I would love is to be able to set items to be "min" "average" or "max" stats.

I'm way ahead of you dear. :p Go to Options and under the selection Variable Mods you get to pick just that. If items will be all minimum values, maximum or average. The program will remember which option you pick too, so you don't have to set this over and over again.

Oh and by the way, hi to all as I haven't been here in months due to simply not playing DII in quite a while. RL and all, as well as picking up a different game (curses at FaceBook for distracting me) :wave:

Re: Character Simulator: CharSi

Farmville, eh? Bad. Very bad.

How about making a user manual so I stop asking for stuff that's already there. :p

Ok I admit, I did stop developing this for a while. RL intruded and things got really crazy and I simply haven't picked it back up. But I do really want to finish this off, so I will hopefully be able to continue developing in the near future.
Translation: you're just as lazy as Silo :p

More on-topic, there's a typo in Death's description. It's got Deadly Stike per level.

Cool program. However some Mac issues, kind of perplexing.

I am on a mac and the item list box is not appearing when I get to the second step of making a character and have to start selecting gear. The item list box does show up with jewelry and charms, but thats it. I was able to select and equip maras kaleidoscope amulet.

The character level tab also does not appear at all on the final stats page. Its completely missing. No way to assign stat points like this.

Not sure why this is happening. Mac osx 10.6. on a 6 month old mac mini.

Very cool program I hope this gets fixed. Keep up the good work.

Just downloaded this and will try later. Thanks for taking the time to put it together!

I'm hoping it included 1.13 updates, but I'll find out soon enough!

So you can experiment with different builds (including equipment) and then apply that to BattleNet? (as in the stats and outcome of the build would be the same online)

Last edited:

Getting a "File Not Found" error when trying to download this from rapidshare.. Halp?

Try the sixth file down here.

It's virus-checked, the site is mine.

Getting a "File Not Found" error when trying to download this from rapidshare.. Halp?

Try the sixth file down here.

It's virus-checked, the site is mine.

Thank you Thyiad! One of these days I will have to experiment with this program. Its a great tool to add to the arsenal. I am very happy that its still available after all these years.

-Zero

Not sure if this post is still monitored at all, but was wondering if the project was still alive. The only download link that works is of version 1.0 which doesnt seem to have any ability to create magic/rare items as well as most things like saving characters other than unique/set/runewords for me.
If i could get a working DL of the latest version that existed that would be awesome, im planning on using this to run a diablo 2 tabletop D&D style game, and this is the only thing ive found that allows me to actually make the full character with items and all

@Badacems Did you try the link in the post above yours or the one a few up by Thyiad? I'm unsure what version that is, but it appears to be the most recent.
Happy Trails in your d2tabletop!

@Badacems Did you try the link in the post above yours or the one a few up by Thyiad? I'm unsure what version that is, but it appears to be the most recent.
Happy Trails in your d2tabletop!
yeah i did, theyre both the same link as the link in the op's post, version 1.0

@Mursilis @Thyiad Just a last checking to see if there exists a most recent version of CharSI, the only one available from Thyiad's link is version 1.0. Would love to be able to use this with the ability to create items and save characters for my tabletop game.

@Badacems That's the only version I have.

I can check my work computer tomorrow, I had a working version of CharSi where I had Grief input to calculate a correct LCS. Hopefully I still have the download!

Sorry I forgot to look for this. I did find it, but couldn't email it because gmail blocked the .zip file. When extracted, charsi.jar is dated May 6 2010. There is a word document that says version 1.1, but not sure if that is related to the word document or charsi. The readme doesn't have a date or version number.

I'll look around this site and see if there is anywhere I can upload it.

I found this site and uploaded it, not sure if that is a super good idea though.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/jOCQe8h5/file.html

I also uploaded it here, this site looks less sketchy.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=59804776885225120262

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to look for this. I did find it, but couldn't email it because gmail blocked the .zip file. When extracted, charsi.jar is dated May 6 2010. There is a word document that says version 1.1, but not sure if that is related to the word document or charsi. The readme doesn't have a date or version number.

I'll look around this site and see if there is anywhere I can upload it.

I found this site and uploaded it, not sure if that is a super good idea though.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/jOCQe8h5/file.html

I also uploaded it here, this site looks less sketchy.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=59804776885225120262
Somehow I didnt get an email back from the thread post, but im sure glad I checked back here. Thanks a ton, seems like it will work perfectly for what I needed. Diablo 2 D&D is back on the table for me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High