Blizzard looking to restore Diablo II to glory

Cool! This is really a no lose situation for the spf as far as I see it. If they implement new good features then that's great. If they implement a bunch of online only crap then we just keep doing what we were already doing.

But hey, I am excite!

Exactly! We might get a whole bunch of cool content, or we get an unplayable 1.14 patch and "time travel" back to where we are today. Either way it's a net positive for the community and game as a whole.

I've lost all my respect for Blizzard since D3 was released, but if they do this and they improve D2 (In any way), they will definitely win me back. I don't really care if they break GoMule compatibility at all, and people shouldn't be mad or be caught off guard if Blizzard breaks compatibility with third party applications. It's the responsibility of the third party developer to maintain compatibility with upstream changes.

Any changes done to D2 would definitely improve the D2 single player experience even if most of their improvements go to the battle.net side of things. Passive improvements will affect the D2 code base as a whole, so no complaints from me on that part.

This job post is giving me hope.

I vote fearedbliss to take the job and put all the things we want to see added in. :)

Nah, let them release the six old campaigns on the starcraft II engine, and make achievements for them. No need to bother with polishing an almost 20 year old game.

It would be awesome if they could make it run on smartphones.

It'd be cool to have SC:BW on new bnet to easily play with friends.

I wouldn't touch D2 tho since I can't part with all the goodies I gather in the last six years.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High