Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Random question--since you guys are the only gamers I know: do you have opinion, or care at all about GamerGate? I feel like @pharphis might have some interesting commentary here, given our previous discussions?

Random question--since you guys are the only gamers I know: do you have opinion, or care at all about GamerGate? I feel like @pharphis might have some interesting commentary here, given our previous discussions?

There's a thread about this in the Off Topic Forum, but you'd have to be directly out of your mind to go there >>>>

I'll be honest: I barely know anything about it but some very recent examples I've heard of regarding journalism ethics regarding both gaming and "gamergate" itself are frightening.

Try this one:
(btw this channel is top tier in terms of opinions and explanations imo, though I'm not familiar with everything he covers)

Also, I'm under the impression that gamergate appears to be an issue of ethics in gaming journalism, despite daily/weekly reminders by mainstream media that it's about "the role of women in gaming" and "harassment of women by gamers" which both appear to be demonstrably false.

Most of my knowledge comes from a thread on a different forum, though, where all the anti-GGers have slowly stopped arguing their cause especially over the last few months.

edit: I'll just add that obviously harassment is an important issue - but I think that the harassment supposedly directed at "women" and not individuals is cherry picking at best and dishonest lack of critical examination at worst.

Last edited:
Interesting, guys! Sorry if it's too off-topic for this thread.
I stumbled across it because I follow Milo Yiannopoulos (@Nero) on Twitter. Whether or not you like his views, he's always a fun read. (I think few people could agree with him 100% on everything--he's a flamboyantly gay, narcissistic cultural libertarian right-wing male journalist, provocateur, and entrepreneur. Yeah, I think that about covers it.)

But I tend to agree with you, Phar. People try to make it an issue of politics or sexism, when the reality is that it is about ethical practices within the gaming industry. I'm a fairly rabid free speech advocate regardless of who's doing the talking, so the idea that people within an industry are being censored, shut down, or otherwise marginalized, I feel dubious ethics are at play.

I wouldn't describe myself as a gamer, but from what I've seem this subject is something I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole held by someone else :p

Also nobody can agree what it is really about so it has turned into some sort of a million people shouting match where the most obnoxious peolple are heard the most.

There's a thread about this in the Off Topic Forum, but you'd have to be directly out of your mind to go there >>>>
Yeah, look at Loz, he was hinged before he went there and look at him now.
I wouldn't describe myself as a gamer, but from what I've seem this subject is something I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole held by someone else [emoji14]

Also nobody can agree what it is really about so it has turned into some sort of a million people shouting match where the most obnoxious peolple are heard the most.
Agreed 100%

People should just chill out and think about McDonalds serving breakfast all day starting next month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

People should just chill out and think about McDonalds serving breakfast all day starting next month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
My biggest problem with maccas breakfast is you can't get a normal burger before 1030. The number of times I've had a massive hangover and craved a quater pounder....

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High