2015 Summer MFO - Any interest?

nulio

Jun 7, 2009
Hey!

If there's several people showing interest for this I can host it. Mister Fabian decided to pass the torch (is this a pun?).

To not overlap with the PvP week it would have to be in 4-14 Sept.

What's the MFO you ask?
Check here!

So let us know if you'd be interested in participating, and what category would you run in.

Great!

I will run some for sure.

edit: I would run level 85 areas category. Btw, those score sheet links don't work anymore. I should have points for alvl 85 copy pasted somewhere.

Last edited:
Probably. I believe we need to keep these things going.

Nulio hosting MFO? It will be Tyrael raining showdown!

I'm in. No matter what tournament, if I participate, 20 hours will be done at minimum even if I need to do the running at night.

I need a good excuse to run Baal, but I haven't traded in yearssssss. ISO help setting up a trading profile so I can participate.

That's not a good week for me, it's our anniversary on the 3rd and we were planing to get away for a dirty weekend. Good luck everyone, I'll keep an interested eye on proceedings.

I'll think about it. Of course I don't have a character to run with, but the idea is intriguing.

September 4-14? Sure why don't you put it right AFTER my holiday. I guess someone's scared. :D

Guess i'll join in. For now i'll stick with AT's, but it's not entirely impossible i'll change that to Baal (Can't let Goober win just because he's the only participant in the category. ;)).

I'm in. Someone has to come in last. I just have one char that could do any running and that's a lightning javazon. Not sure which areas would be suitable? Hmm... Might need to check how far along in Hell I am...

Hmm I just had an idea. Can we make this more than ten days so more people can join and/or play more? Times changed a lot since the first MFOs

I feel pretty strongly that the MFO is "10 days, unlimited running". It's like the one strong and meaningful tradition we have in the SPF, and it's been like that for 10-12 years or something.

I know I'm not MFO master any more, but my suggestion is to do a winter MFO when people are appropriately hyped for it, and don't have other more important things like the pvp week blocking the calendar.

I think some traditions, like 10 days unlimited running, should be preserved. 10 days is really enough.
Only change that could make sense is to remove certain categories if needed. For example if there will be only 2 players at Pindle or Baal, then you can simply remove those categories since in that case they don't make much of a sense, unless players from those categories insist to let them run, even alone if needed. Would be lol, but whatever.

Another idea I had is changing the name. From MFO, magic finding Olympics to GiGaAIgtNO, Grip is God and All Items go to Nulio Olympics. Also a new logo and some sort of catch jingle.

Yeah 10 days really is enough. I may or may not have time/motivation to run "a lot". But most important thing is to participate and keep the tradition going.

I would also like to have both the summer and winter MFOs. As long as there's some people running, I think it's worth it!

So people, please consider participating as long as you can run even little. This is THE SPF Tradition to experience :)

Why can't we extend the running period but restrict people to 10 actual days? So if it runs for 16 days, each person can run only on 10 of them? I know this would make it slightly incomparable to the inhuman efforts put forth in the past, but that is only a Gripph/Fabian problem :)

Why can't we extend the running period but restrict people to 10 actual days? So if it runs for 16 days, each person can run only on 10 of them? I know this would make it slightly incomparable to the inhuman efforts put forth in the past, but that is only a Gripph/Fabian problem :)

Because MFO was always kind of event where parents would forget their children, students would shed their social life and studies, and those that can take biggest amount of punching in the balls would emerge on top.

I see no reasons to change that :p

Why don't we do some kind of "20 hours in one month" alvl 85 athon and a proper MFO in the winter?

Either suit me ok.

I like idea of similar competition to Pindlethon, but instead of Pindle, we run areas lvl 85. Then we show our top 5 items found and then voting is done for the winner, same as on Pindlethon. I wanted to open such thing long time ago actually and it seems very interesting to me. Refreshing that is. No strict scoring + all items count, instead of only chosen ones as in MFO and RFO.

1 month of that though seems too long to me. 2 weeks of area lvl 85 - thon with unlimited running (because it is not some real competition so why to bother with clocks or strict counting runs done etc?). We can have plenty of such areathons per year, it could keep people playing more and it is actually a more friendly competition where winner is not really important nor significant.

As for MFO, I don't really see a reason to not have 2 MFO's per year. Even if it means only 5 people will run for 5 hours total, we could do it to keep things alive. + add mentioned areathons into mix. As things stand now, there is RFO and nothing else. Nothing to keep people playing and having fun together with other people in some friendly-like competitions.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High