Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

@Ariadne: Thats a breastfeeding cushion.

Someone requested when they where born to keep them updated on how the kids are doing, colour of poop and so on and since a picture says more then a thousand words, voila!

You can all thank Loz!

By the way I'm no French I'm a Belgian!
Isn't Belgium a region of France?

Do you know that horrible feeling when you keep saving to yourself that you'll get around to taking all the stuff you want to keep from an old computer and when you finally go to do it you find the computer was died?

I've got that feeling right now! *sigh*

Yeah.... That sucks. I have a computer from like 6-8 years ago. It probably still has stuff on it, but I have no idea. I don't think it'll fire up anyways. I've been meaning to mess with it for years now.

RIP Nix's old PC.

Does anyone have any advice on Windows? I don't particularly want to go to Win 10, which means I have to choose from Win 7 or Win 8. And I didn't even know Windows 8 existed.
Are most people on Win7 at the moment?

Win7 is good, I've heard conflicting opinions on win8

RIP Nix's old PC.

The majority of data on my old computer is on the second hard drive, so I hope it is still accessible. Now just have to work out how to get another computer to access it.

Does anyone have any advice on Windows? I don't particularly want to go to Win 10, which means I have to choose from Win 7 or Win 8. And I didn't even know Windows 8 existed.
Are most people on Win7 at the moment?

I use Win7 and I've not had a problem with it. It might be a little difficult to get a retail computer with Win7 on it soon. Even when I got my current computer a couple of years back some retailers said new systems don't come with Win7 any more!

The majority of data on my old computer is on the second hard drive, so I hope it is still accessible. Now just have to work out how to get another computer to access it.

I use Win7 and I've not had a problem with it. It might be a little difficult to get a retail computer with Win7 on it soon. Even when I got my current computer a couple of years back some retailers said new systems don't come with Win7 any more!
That is why you build it yourself [emoji6]

Edit: post number 99000 in the bar, only 1000 to go!

Have either of you had experience with http://onlinecomputer.com.au/ ? They have mixed reviews on google, and I /think/ that I got this current laptop from them around five years (plus) ago, but may be mistaken. The very mixed reviews make me uncertain.

I won't build mine. I know you can save a bit of money, but personally, it's not worth the energy.

Edit: Also, SSD's question from before. Aren't they more likely to become corrupted/damaged if the power goes out?

Just found out Umart were in Melbourne as well, so may be worth checking out what they have.

Umart: "Purchase a copy of windows 7 or 8 and we will install it for free!"
OMG, free! Amazing!

Win7 is better then win 8 and windows 10 is ten again better then windows 8 so if you are stuck with windows 8 go to 10 if you still have 7 go with 7.

The vatican is again stll smaller then Belgium and the vatican is a country.

I've not used onlinecomputers. I use to use Infinity Computers but most of their franchises have closed down, don't know whether that says something about them or not, but there were the best of the quotes I get for this computer though. A friend of my daughter made this one in the end though.

Last edited:
Win7 is better then win 8 and windows 10 is ten again better then windows 8 so if you are stuck with windows 8 go to 10 if you still have 7 go with 7.

The vatican is again stll smaller then Belgium and the vatican is a country.
Even though this is really confusing it's good advice. If you like Windows 7 (or anything earlier) you will not like Windows 8. I would avoid windows 10 until at least next year, let other people work out the bugs first.

7 is good. 10 is good. 8 is complicated. I have 10 and it's really nice so far. I had a 7 previously.

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves sangria

*serves tequila

*serves water

7 is good. 10 is good. 8 is complicated. I have 10 and it's really nice so far. I had a 7 previously.

So, it's like tequila - if you have 7 shots of tequila, you're in a great place, a really good dancer, and everything is as it should be. You throw down that 8th shot, and all Hell breaks loose - the neighbors are calling the cops about you trying to rappel off the balcony, someone put fireworks in the oven and turned on the broiler, and a pony no one has seen before somehow ended up in the bathtub. Undaunted, you push through, and sink a 9th and 10th shot - suddenly, the sun appears from behind some clouds, you find your wallet, and it turns out that's not the police at the door but some guy bringing you burritos. We've all been there.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High