A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, krischan :)

Yeah, I don't have a lot in the way of higher runes, so I don't know if I can spare it. It wouldn't really have a home on anything but a merc - that's my only issue.

Apart from that, I love the defence/stats.

I would save the runes. Treachery is a better merc armour (3os though).

the fade proc on treachery and huge ias make it VERY good . Even venom and FHR are useful

Hmmm I might have to try that out then. Right now he's using a Duriel's for the 'Cannot be Frozen' aspect of things.

1.09b Azurewrath Crystal Sword

Edit - Imageshack deleted, reuploaded from Bucket

Last edited:
What are the benefits of Phoenix on a Javazon?

Would Spirit not be better for the +Skills?

I have a 4-socket Ethereal Kraken Shell... I'm undecided on whether I want to burn the runes to throw a 'Stone' into it. I made a read-only 'look' at what it would be like, somewhere in the vicinity of 2500-2600 defence - but I don't know if the runes are worth it, considering it'd just be merc gear.

A potential of 2500-2600 def on a Stone eth armor seems to suggest that your base kraken shell is not cubebugged. I would never make a runeword in an eth, non-cubebugged armor since you get so much less def - even a cubebugged dusk shroud would give alot more def than that armor.

@dave - I'm a bit undecided on the 'Eth-Bugging' side of things. I used to (way back when, I mean before even knowing the SPF existed), do some things that would categorically fall under 'hacking' in the game (like re-using mats for Crafted Recipes for example). Now, after several fresh restarts (not due to hacking, but rather just preferring to restart clean), I eye any bug with a sly eye.

Decided to do some Pindle runs this morning and I thought to myself "I wonder if he's going to be nice today"... Five runs in:

EaglehornCrusader Bow
Two Hand Damage: 45 - 296
Durability: 38 of 44
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 97
Required Dexterity: 121
Fingerprint: 0x46e1f31e
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10++1 to Amazon Skill Levels
200% Enhanced Damage
+170% Enhanced Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Ignore Target's Defense
+510 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+25 to Dexterity

Then the very next run:

Aldur's DeceptionShadow Plate
Defense: 813
Durability: 50 of 70
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x3dc955ae
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10++1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
+300 Defense
+20 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +44%
Requirements -50%

Lols.

9-10 hours worth of farming LK over the past 2 days netted me the following goodies:

- Lum rune
- pgems

And this was on a map with the superchests right next to the wp, so yeah, it's been a bad run :s. My best luck was actually spent gambling at the end, with 3M gold I got a set ring, set ammy and unique ring (cathan/cathan/carrion wind).

What are the benefits of Phoenix on a Javazon?

Would Spirit not be better for the +Skills?

It makes running Nihlathak much safer. And I have about 15 or 16+ skills along with infinity merc so I don't need another 2 skill points.

Why do people run Nihlathak again? I have a hazy memory of him being able to drop high runes as well? I don't remember...

pure style

(experience)

or keys of destruction if on bnet

He can drop everything but cow's set iirc

Eh, seems like a nice option compared to wasting time on Baal I guess. But with the expansive of 85+ areas, wouldn't it just be easier to do them instead/Pindle?

depends on level. I found that nihl becomes ~ comparable with pits for a novamancer at around lvl 97. Most chars level fastest at alvl 85 areas until 97-98. single target chars such as conc barb are best at nihl since it's a single target that gives most of the exp... but others have shown that nihl is faster or comparable to baal/diablo (my memory might be off) in the 99 theorycrafting thread or elsewhere

These drops are starting to get boring :).

Ruby Small Charm of Good LuckSmall Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x27773266
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10
+Fire Resist +11%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value