Returning Player

redragon

Apr 16, 2012
Greetings all, returning member here.

*protects shins and hides wallet*

I've had a hiatus from D2 for a while, but always knew I'd be back to it, and here I am.

Hows everyone going? I've been reading the forums every now and then in my absence, and have noticed a few familiar names, along with some new ones.

Have only restared D2 yesterday, I got a new computer recently, and my old D2 files never got copied over, so I've had to do a complete restart unfortunetly. Never got to use the Ber I found in LK.

Already have 2 characters running, a Fishymancer at the docks in (n)Kurast, and a Blizz Sorc about to enter the (n) Chaos Sanctuary.

Bringing back some memories I must say, and the need to build up some better gear.

On that note, I'm having a problem with GoMule though, it just wont download. I've tried the links both in the FAQ here, and googled it, but I cant get it to download past about 3-400 kb's before it fails.

Anyway, its good to get back into the game, and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

ReD

Last edited:
Welcome back. I do recall your username.

Not sure about gomule - perhaps PM thyiad or post in the GoMule etc help thread. Drop by the bar for a drink and some chat!

Instead of creating my own thread i would also like to say that i am back and i also have a fishymancer and a sorc developing :D

Sorc is an Orb/Fireball build (will respec to pure blizz once Mat'd). She is in Hell Forests at the mo (hate that place)
Necro is in act5 normal.

Seems a bit quiet in here but nice to see some familiar usernames

Welcom back to the both of you.

And why is it that everybody loses their files when changing computers? The D2 files are the most important ones you have! That should be the first thing you back up, and the first thing you put on the new comp! (after installing D2 that is)

Welcome back to you as well, Twibz. Yeah, it is quiet nowadays. :(

It is, if i had a half decent runner i would be straight on the MFO and get some drops going ;)

Welcom back to the both of you.

And why is it that everybody loses their files when changing computers? The D2 files are the most important ones you have! That should be the first thing you back up, and the first thing you put on the new comp! (after installing D2 that is)

I chose to restart, kind of a silly idea as i had some pretty decent gear and characters but ive always liked starting again and getting excited when i first complete sigons set haha

Thanks guys, and welcome back Twibz as well.

Got GoMule going, user error :p, its amazing how much info I used to have banging around inside the head that is coming back as I go along, how to use GoMule, affixes and prefixes, which uniques / sets are prized etc.

With losing the D2 files with the change over, :( yeah, its the 3rd time I've had to move them because of upgrades, etc, and this time they never made the shift.....

The main thing I lost that upsets me the most is my rune collection, all those hours running LK , well it hurts, lol.

I'm kinda enjoying the restart, having to go from scratch with out being able to twink through normal and Nightmare is re-establishing my dedication (? not sure thats the right word) towards getting going again. I dont know if I had my old files if I could / would be playing again with the same passion.

Anyway, this time I'm being smart, got a flash drive and am planning on backing up my files regularly.

Thanks for the welcome backs.

ReD

I also started again recently due to a new pc. I got GoMule working again with no difficulty. However, I forgot (until about a week ago) to download the Runeword mod. I can only imagine what my face must have looked like as my intended Insight became a gemmed bill instead:oops:

It's all sorted now. Thankfully. And I agree - starting again does reawaken the old passion.

The best thing about starting again is getting excited over drops that when you have an established stash of goodies you dont appreciate.

My first string of ears for example made me leap with joy but when you have about 10 of them its just 'oh another SoE'.

It is, if i had a half decent runner i would be straight on the MFO and get some drops going ;)

I chose to restart, kind of a silly idea as i had some pretty decent gear and characters but ive always liked starting again and getting excited when i first complete sigons set haha
The mfo is the best possible thing for you to do. It will be a lot of fun improving your sorc as the mfo goes along. Plus, it will feel extra great seeing who you beat!

All you need is a respec to Blizz and the lost city wp.

Even when you already have a bunch of items, there's always the possibility that the one you've just found is a better roll. It's not "oh, another SOE", it's "oooh, come on 8/15/15!"

Even when you already have a bunch of items, there's always the possibility that the one you've just found is a better roll. It's not "oh, another SOE", it's "oooh, come on 8/15/15!"

There is that, maybe SoE was a poor example but im sure you know what i meant by my original post.

The mfo is the best possible thing for you to do. It will be a lot of fun improving your sorc as the mfo goes along. Plus, it will feel extra great seeing who you beat!

All you need is a respec to Blizz and the lost city wp.

I could always just run AT with my Orb/Ball sorc... Will not be at all competitive but the fun would be there i suppose :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High