Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread

Sign Ups are now open for Arrested Development Mafia! Head on over here and sign up!

We're working on a Fringe themed game. We've got some work left to do. Assuming we find the time to collaborate and finalize the characters/roles and the CYOA aspect of the game, I think we could put sign-ups up in a week perhaps. There's certainly time for a mini-game if someone wants to do one.

Well ... I think I'm somewhere further down the list on a solo-host slot, and I could go with the whole same-sex erotic anime theme ... although I'm not quite sure how I would make that safe for forums.

Or... I could stick with Babylon 5 ;p

Well ... I think I'm somewhere further down the list on a solo-host slot, and I could go with the whole same-sex erotic anime theme ... although I'm not quite sure how I would make that safe for forums.

Or... I could stick with Babylon 5 ;p

I've never seen beyond the first episode of Babylon 5, but aren't those two things synonymous?

We're working on a Fringe themed game. We've got some work left to do. Assuming we find the time to collaborate and finalize the characters/roles and the CYOA aspect of the game, I think we could put sign-ups up in a week perhaps. There's certainly time for a mini-game if someone wants to do one.
I'm willing to host a modified version of an experimental idea I tried recently on another forum. Jcakes and BPC can't play, though (though know about it), if enough players want to try we can do this game quickly enough

It would be 10 players max, night start. If there's interest I'll put up a thread soon

edit: It would be an open or semi-open setup

Last edited:
Do it Pharphis. I haven't caught Goryani on Skype recently. We've been developing part of the game separately so we don't contaminate each others' ideas. If I don't catch him soon I'll e-mail him what I've written and we'll finalize stuff. A mini-game is just what the doctor ordered.

As for Babylon 5 ... the creator originally pitched it to Rick Berman to be a Star Trek show, in 1989 or 1990. Berman laughed him out of the office, then immediately set about stealing the idea. Deep Space Nine got its pilot out a few months ahead of Babylon 5's pilot as a result, but with Rick Berman and the Star Trek regulars doing the writing, DS9 wasn't really a very coherent or well told story.

Contrasted with Babylon 5, which I consider to be possibly the best television series ever.

If you make a post making fun of Babylon 5, you win! The prize will be announced at a later time.

I absolutely cannot host during August due to real life. I hear that saying "Can't you keep it in a while longer?" isn't a polite thing to say to pregnant women. I just let Drixx know. We need to move down at least one spot.

/tag Jcakes

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I have watched every episode of every Star Trek series, so it's not as if I don't like it. It's just that, as far as telling a coherent start to finish story, B5 spanks DS9, and it's a matter of record (JMS has claimed it, and Berman acknowledged it is true) that the idea for DS9 was based upon JMS' pitch to Berman for a Star Trek series set on a space station.

I don't see why one can't like both DS9 and B5. They both have their own things to appreciate.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High