Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

No I'm not. The preface was that there exist only a sole SK. I was talking about a very specific scenario. In that scenario neither of us can be mafia because there exists only an SK.

I was not giving a full fledged cover all the basis analysis. I was just talking about what I feel is the likely scenario. Can I be wrong, well, duh!

Fair enough.

I would very much like to learn what the boxes those players you listed were. Or rather, what they contained.

BPC/Noodle: Claimed 1x jester(that BPC said he wouldn't use, no idea if noodle would), and then was post restricted. Was there anything else that occurred or was the box JUST a post restriction? Noodle, are you town?

BA: I have absolutely no recollection of what any of your boxes did. Did you ever tell us? BA, are you town?

Drixx: Info box, which told him nothing(which is fairly suspicious), and then SK cop box. Drixx, are you town?

Pyro: Global roleblock for one night?, and something you didn't tell us. Pyro, are you town?

Zokar: Post restriction, and I don't remember what the other box was, if you told us. Was there anything else attached to the post restriction? Zokar, Are you town?

BPC/Noodle: Claimed 1x jester(that BPC said he wouldn't use, no idea if noodle would), and then was post restricted. Was there anything else that occurred or was the box JUST a post restriction? Noodle, are you town?

I am town. Not going to use the jester thing, so basically vanilla town.

Vote: Numbers

If you were roleblocked you'd still have a shot.

My first box gave me a high chance of lynch and vigilante shot evasion. This is why I was so brash the first day. I didn't trust CG to shoot someone based off of votes or off of his instincts and was challenging him to shoot me to waste the shot.

My second box told me every single person who had chosen a box from the shelf that was alive. I tried to have people tell me the timestamp of the box in hopes of catching someone in a lie because we had the back to back nights. This box gave me no information because I opened it too late. I tried to salvage it, but to no avail.

Goryani was the main person I was trying to catch in a lie based on his "I took a box that wasn't listed" tactic, but the timestamp he provided was before I opened the box making it irrelevant information.

Yes, I am town and I don't believe that you are numbers.

Can you elaborate on this?

Um, how? BPC opened a box and got the ability to claim jester, or VI. Such a role didn't appeal to him, nor does it to me, so neither of us have elected to claim it. Nor shall I. Lacking any additional ability, this makes me essentially a vanilla townie. I don't know how else I could elaborate on this - it's pretty simple.

My first box gave me a high chance of lynch and vigilante shot evasion. This is why I was so brash the first day. I didn't trust CG to shoot someone based off of votes or off of his instincts and was challenging him to shoot me to waste the shot.

My second box told me every single person who had chosen a box from the shelf that was alive. I tried to have people tell me the timestamp of the box in hopes of catching someone in a lie because we had the back to back nights. This box gave me no information because I opened it too late. I tried to salvage it, but to no avail.

Goryani was the main person I was trying to catch in a lie based on his "I took a box that wasn't listed" tactic, but the timestamp he provided was before I opened the box making it irrelevant information.

You aren't the mod, you don't know how the mod chooses to handle roleblocking. My shot was expelled when I was roleblocked. Because I wasn't sure anyone knew except for myself, I chose to answer the question about whether or not I had a shot left imprecisely, in the hopes that the scum would assume that because of how I had answered, I still had a shot left, and would thus waste a shot on what was now a VT. They apparently didn't take the bait, and now we're left with just a SK who's not going to take any shots until Drixx or I are lynched, because once the new flavor of their shots shows, they confirmed that there are no mafia and I'm town, and thus that drixx is either the sk or zokar and myself are cleared from being the sk.

You aren't the mod, you don't know how the mod chooses to handle roleblocking. My shot was expelled when I was roleblocked. Because I wasn't sure anyone knew except for myself, I chose to answer the question about whether or not I had a shot left imprecisely, in the hopes that the scum would assume that because of how I had answered, I still had a shot left, and would thus waste a shot on what was now a VT. They apparently didn't take the bait, and now we're left with just a SK who's not going to take any shots until Drixx or I are lynched, because once the new flavor of their shots shows, they confirmed that there are no mafia and I'm town, and thus that drixx is either the sk or zokar and myself are cleared from being the sk.

So you don't think it that it would have helped your story if you actually acted like you still had a shot instead of only engaging about it saying you were roleblocked and never mentioning it other than that?

How are you so sure he would still have a shot?

Brash only on the first day? I think you mean to say brash the entire game, but maybe that's just me. So was your fancy lynch/vig evasion only temporary and that's why you were especially "brash" on Day 1?

How did the timing of opening your box make the information it gave you irrelevant? Multiple people gave you timestamps of their box openings and I don't think you were able to confirm any of them? I must be missing something regarding the information you gained.

Um, how? BPC opened a box and got the ability to claim jester, or VI. Such a role didn't appeal to him, nor does it to me, so neither of us have elected to claim it. Nor shall I. Lacking any additional ability, this makes me essentially a vanilla townie. I don't know how else I could elaborate on this - it's pretty simple.

Wait, so you have the option of using it at anytime you want? Even on the last day if you chose too?

Regarding what ability/information (if any) that I gained from my first box is impossible to confirm, just like almost all of the claimed information/abilities. I could say that my box helped feed a family in a third world country and it would be just about as believable as these other claims.

Numbers why are you asking everyone if they are town? You know darn well the default answer is going to be "Yes, I'm totally town." Did you expect something otherwise? Are you town?

I also have a general quesiton for the crowd, did anyone else here try to use an ability on the night I used my global block, and if so did they still have their shot afterwards?

Numbers, were you informed your shot was expended after the first night of the double night, or after the second?

Regarding what ability/information (if any) that I gained from my first box is impossible to confirm, just like almost all of the claimed information/abilities. I could say that my box helped feed a family in a third world country and it would be just about as believable as these other claims.

Numbers why are you asking everyone if they are town? You know darn well the default answer is going to be "Yes, I'm totally town." Did you expect something otherwise? Are you town?

So instead of telling us what your first box did, you instead say "eh, you'll never believe it so why bother". Is that right?

How are you so sure he would still have a shot?

Brash only on the first day? I think you mean to say brash the entire game, but maybe that's just me. So was your fancy lynch/vig evasion only temporary and that's why you were especially "brash" on Day 1?

How did the timing of opening your box make the information it gave you irrelevant? Multiple people gave you timestamps of their box openings and I don't think you were able to confirm any of them? I must be missing something regarding the information you gained.

Wait, so you have the option of using it at anytime you want? Even on the last day if you chose too?

As previously stated the timestamps was made up by me. I received no timestamps. What I received was the instant I opened my box, a list of everyone who had taken a shelf box, and it was everyone in the game. I opened this box on night 1 of the back to back nights (NOT actual night 1). Therefore, the next day phase I had, if someone said they chose a shelf box during night 2 of the back to back nights, they'd be lying.

I could have easily just said "eh screw it" though and not tried to make use of my second box, would that have made you happier? Or should I just respond to everything "you wouldn't believe it anyway"

Yes, I'm town Pyro. I'm asking people because some people try to not lie. For example, in the recent game where noodle won as a serial killer, nobody actually explicit asked him if he was town, and so afterwards he was able to say he never even lied. My shot was expelled on the first night of the double night. I attempted to eject ankeli, and was informed I had been roleblocked, and as a result my shot had been expended. I had nothing I could do on the 2nd night.

BA: I didn't want to make it obvious that I was trying to make scum think I still had a shot. In addition, by going out of my way to explicitly say I still had a shot, that would have changed the focus of the conversation of the day to whether or not I was lying about having a shot, whether or not a roleblock would cause a shot to be expended, and resulted in us NOT lynching scum, as we did.

Pyro: You should really tell us what all your boxes did. Maybe we won't believe you, maybe we will. Either way, not telling us makes me far more suspicious of you than I was before.

Yes, I'm town Pyro. I'm asking people because some people try to not lie. For example, in the recent game where noodle won as a serial killer, nobody actually explicit asked him if he was town, and so afterwards he was able to say he never even lied. My shot was expelled on the first night of the double night. I attempted to eject ankeli, and was informed I had been roleblocked, and as a result my shot had been expended. I had nothing I could do on the 2nd night.

BA: I didn't want to make it obvious that I was trying to make scum think I still had a shot. In addition, by going out of my way to explicitly say I still had a shot, that would have changed the focus of the conversation of the day to whether or not I was lying about having a shot, whether or not a roleblock would cause a shot to be expended, and resulted in us NOT lynching scum, as we did.

Pyro: You should really tell us what all your boxes did. Maybe we won't believe you, maybe we will. Either way, not telling us makes me far more suspicious of you than I was before.

Your answers are really good.

Unvote: Numbers

I don't think Noodle/BPC is scum. Just a gut read basically. Drixx has been weirdly quiet, but a lot of us have. If I believe you numbers that gives us:

Zokar and pyro.

Got an inclination towards either?

If I had to make a list right now I'd make it:

1. Pyro
2. Drixx
3. Zokar
4. Numbers
5. Noodle

tapatalk is still down and not sure I can get on before days end.

Vote: Pyro

This is solely based off of the "you wouldn't believe me if I told you" explanation.

You know what, I really don't see any reason to hold it back anymore anyway. At the time of my original claim there was still a reason to withhold but there is no reason to anymore.

My first box granted me a 1 shot retaliation effect. If I was targeted for a kill on the night that I activated it, it would take my killer with me. At the time that I had claimed the global roleblock effect I still had not put the shot to use, so I was extremely reluctant to claim having such an ability (as its one of the abilities that you normally lie about having). Instead of claiming what my first box ability was I proceeded to claim the global roleblock and then leave it up for debate whether or not I still had an ability that could put a serious dent into scum plans. See below:

I'll consider sharing my first box, but I'm not sure if I feel like it. Besides if all the mystery is gone, the mafia will know if I'm holding back something....or am I? WIFOM

I essentially told the game that I never gained more than one shot from the two boxes that I opened earlier in the game:

No, I have not gotten multiple shots from a box yet. But different boxes seem to be ranging from worthless to amazing. So who knows what could have what.

Since I had just used my global roleblock I was trying to make it seem like I would be an enticing target to get rid of as I may still have had a trick up my sleeve (and I did). The fact that I had just roleblocked everything and then ended up being the lynching vote on a scum I decided to use the ability the following night phase, hoping that they were pissed off/enticed enough to go after me and figuring it was my best chance of actually getting some use out of it since it was only a one shot. As I said, the ability I gained is impossible to be confirmed, so I'll leave it up to you if you believe my claim or not, but thats all I got.

Since no one else seems to want to come forward regarding trying to use an ability during the global roleblock I may as well come forward with this as well. Before using the global roleblock I asked the mod if any shots that were used would be expended or returned to the person that used it. He told me that any shots used would be expended, so Numbers claim is consistant with what I know about my own ability. This does not necessarily clear him of being roleblocked the first night in the double night though because if he is in fact scum, and one of his scum partners had a role block ability, they most likely could have asked and received the same answer that I did.

I've read and re-read the response I got from opening the Blasto the Jellyfish Stings box during the first night. What I got seems to be flavor text taken directly from some kind of in game easter egg or something, from what I can find via googling the specific flavor text the box gave me.

There was one very interesting line, which you could find by googling "Blasto the Jellyfish Stings" so I think it should be okay to share it. That line was "Enkindle THIS." Given the flavor of the presumed mafia kills, that jumped out at me a bit on the re-read, as did the way the rest of the response post was formatted.

After that I was told that I had gained information.

Then, after line breaks, I was told I had learned that opening the box didn't do anything. But ... later on someone said they learned some boxes give info, some give abilities and I forget the third category I'm afraid.

I'm not sure that really is super useful as far as information goes, but it's as thorough as I can get without just quoting the post and getting mod killed.

Also ... I forget whom it was who asked the ridiculous series of "Name, are you town?" questions, but for the record I am town.

Well, for the record, I'm not answering the "are you town?" nonsense.

If I end up dead today or tonight and Noodle doesn't die, I'd vote for Bad Ash.

Long day at work today, but I will try my best to time my break for about an hour before game day finish and make any adjustments that may be warranted.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High