SPF Award Winners 2013

BobCox2

May 4, 2008
www.amazon.com
Drystan is the Co-host and organizer of this event. I'm merely posting on his behalf.

Welcome to the wonderful
SPF Awards 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen...
It is my Dubious pleasure to welcome you for the SPF Awards ceremony, 2013.

Let the Spaming begin!

The EMB is Catering the event this year so order you drinks and come on in for the show.

To set the right atmosphere for the Judges Introductions I'm going to play what is widely agreed to be the First Rap Song ever Recorded.

[youtube]DvMBxlu62c0[/youtube]

and "Here Come the Judge"s

Bobcox2:
I'm the Off Topic King!
:crazyeyes:
What Me Worry?
Find my doormat and join the party!

pharphis:
Known for his love of the almighty FoH skill and general enthusiasm for stylish 99ers/MFers. He's also never deeded. Not even once. Any pictures you think you might have seen were forged, I guarantee it.

ioupainmax:
Hi all, I'm ioupainmax and I have been playing Diablo 2 on and off for the last 14 years and lurking for almost as long. I'm pretty lazy which is why you won't see a Mat/Pat thread from me and in a similar manner, I have judged these entries on attributes that appeal to my laziness. Primarily if they contain funny screenshots or videos that mean I don't have to do too much reading!

Drystan:
Hi all. I'm Drystan, an ex-HC D2'er, now retired to the EMB. If you don't know who I am, you should probably spend some time chatting with us. We'll offer you drinks, of course. Here's to all of the SPF community, nominations, and winners for yet another great year at the SPF! The after-party will be held in the EMB, so I expect to see you all there soon. Good luck to the nominees, and let's progress with the ceremony.

FredofErik:
I'm FredofErik, a self-proclaimed spammer, and think that it would be really fun if someone else did my intro for me. You can often find me in mafia games, and in PvP weeks, but will only occasionally spam up the bar.[highlight]SPF 2013 SPiFies![/highlight]

And the Winners are:

*rolls drums*

[highlight]Best D2 Thread[/highlight]

How can this be? This thread was created in 2011, voted as runner up in the 2012 SPF Awards, and returns to claim the top prize in the 2013 Awards. While originally created in 2011, and spanning several threads, the original thread wrapped up with a couple of Guardians in 2013, and continued the story with an epilogue, and spinoff. This nomination contains the original post, from 2011; the Guardian threads (referenced and linked in 2013); a further epilogue written up in 2013; and a continuation of the epic stories in the form of Two Untwinked Javazons. The amount of detail, story-telling and commitment that was put into this concept, spanning three years, has earned the title of Best D2 Thread of 2013.

[highlight]Best OT Thread[/highlight]

A fairly quiet catagory this year, and one with a little controversy, with several judges desiring more diversity. But there was a result, with the closest of margins.

[highlight]Best Mat/Pat[/highlight]

The character to take the title was a well planned, designed, detailed and equipped character, and has a post-Baal future. This winner is:

[highlight]Best Guardian[/highlight]

The SPF has again come out with many unique, clever and amazing Guardians and write-ups. This catagory was very close as well, with the votes being spread out. But, there was only one winner.

[highlight]Best Collection[/highlight]

Keep them coming! This catagory is all about themes. Whether shape-shifters or Dual-wielders, or ponies or hammers, the SPF still enjoys putting out themed builds.

Well, what can I say? This year, the results were clear. There was a tie for Best Collection!

Collection of bear/wolf/Beast/transformer characters by purplelocust

Guardian Longsky and Guardian WithAVengeance Dual dual-wielding avengers by pyro and crawlingdeadman

[highlight]Best 99'er[/highlight]

For those who take a character to the upper most limits. Every 99'er is an amazing feat, so we congratule both entries, but there was only one winner.

[highlight]Best Tourney[/highlight]

The SPF wouldn't achieve such great feats without such great minds, pushing contestants to their limits. Whether item restrictions, or stat and skill restrictions, or PvP tournaments, each contenstant aims to push their character, and themselves, beyond what many would believe is possible.

[highlight]Best Screenshot[/highlight]

A picture speaks a thousand words.

[highlight]Best Video[/highlight]

If a picture speaks a thousand words, then how much does a video speak?

Pharphis - For his continued streaming. [Video streaming only - vids temporarily available post creation.]

Runner up: Sur from Baal

[highlight]Best Newcomer[/highlight]

We always welcome new folk, and enjoy seeing them stick around. This catagory is for the person who posted an intro thread first in 2013 and now seems like they have been here forever.

[highlight]Biggest Spammer[/highlight]

For the member who is unable to control what is written by their keyboard, we appreciate you with this honour.

BipolarChemist

Runner up: DurfBarian, (And it's Durf's fault he was a contender.

[highlight]Best Trader[/highlight]

Who went out of their way to go through their stashes to help you out with you ISO?

nulio

Runner up: Frozzzen

[highlight]Best Giveaway[/highlight]

To the generous forumites who shared their loot with fellow members. A very close catagory, and very fine examples of the SPF spirit.

NagisaFurukawa: Here

Runner up: zaphodbrx: Here

[highlight]Best WTF / D'oh Moment[/highlight]

A sad "WTF" moment takes the top position in this catagory, where one of the greatest spammers, mods, and friendly guy, decided to take a break from the forums (- surely in preparation to become Best Returnee and Biggest Spammer of 2014, right? Right!?) Thank you for being part of the SPF, and helping in keeping this forum what it is! The winner of this catagory also won the Biggest Spammer in 2012. You know who he is.

[highlight]Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF
Lifetime Achievement Award[/highlight]

And now to the highlight of the evening. The judges were pretty unanimous on this one. Lastly, we offer a big congratulations on winning the SPF's Lifetime Achievement Award:

::::::::::

And with that, another year has passed, as we travel through 2014. May there be more spammage, more Mat/Pat/Guardians, and the SPF spirit continue. Thank you to all for being a part of the SPF, and making it what it is.

Now, drinks will be available in the bar, as we offer congratulations to the winners and another great year.

SPF Awards 2013 - The Nominations ; SPF Awards 2012 - The Winners ; SPF Awards 2011 - The Winners

Ye ye spammer to the max yo. Id like to thank meryl streep for the constant inspiration shes given me!

Ill celebrate with rye when im not driving on the higway...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I wish there was more selection to choose from but iirc I didn't even nominate something.. so oh well.

Congratulations to all the well deserved winners (and the not so well deserved ones too :crazyeyes:).

Thanks for the award and congratulations to all of the winners! Particularly to Onderduiker, who has been a great resource for many years on a wide range of topics!

Congrats to all the winners, and nicely done by all parties involved in the continuing of this tradition ~

Good to see more confirmation that Phoenix is indeed OP, and that nulio is ruler of all things trade. Even better to see onder get the love he deserves.

Thanks to whoever nominated/voted me as well. zaph really had a pretty amazingly deep giveaway, one I shameless stole a few nice things from, so it was a surprise to come out on top.

Thanks Bob and Dryst for putting this together!

Congratulations Onderduiker, this was a long time coming and congrats to the other winners.

Hey, thank you for award. Also nice to see Onderduiker got life time award. Nulio trade king, Nagisa giveaway king. Nothing new there. Congratz to all winners.

Thanks for the award for Best Guardian!

I was surprised to see her get nominated at all. Not that it wasn't an interesting ride in Hell difficulty, it sure was, but I think my Immolation Arrow Amazon (with Charged Strike backup) in the Envious of the Green and Gold tourney was a more interesting character. But that may be because her build was a new experience for me, while Erica felt more like a MacGyver sort of character that just had to figure out ways to make do with what she had access to.

Congratulations to all the winners, and it was nice to see that we still had some really good threads in 2013 as well. I hope there will be some more participation and nominations next year, as well, as I know there were more great threads and potential nominations.

I'd like to thank the judges for helping out, and all the nominations as well. :thumbup:

I'm really disappointed that categories like Best Poster were dropped and categories like Biggest Spammer continue to be celebrated.

Sad times indeed.

Thank you for the award, and congratulations to all the winners and nominees.

And let's not forget our judges and host (your cheques would be in the mail if you weren't so incorruptible).

Thanks very much for the award and to everyone contributing to keeping this thing going.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High