Final Fantasy Forum Mafia Signup Thread

In this mafia game every character will have a job that is indicative of the types of abilities they have but not the alignment.

In FF games with the job system normally you can customize each member of your team to choose a job which defines their skillset/spellset they can use.
Easiest example is white mages use white magic, which would include stuff mostly like curing, protecting, and revival spells.
Black mage uses black magic which is mostly used to inflict dmg on foes using spells like fire/bolt/ice

Can't really say much else without giving too much info away. The wiki links int eh first post list a ton of jobs that are common in the series but there is a lot of overlap, so you'll see which are most likely to appear in the game simply because they appear so often in the FF universe and are easy to design roles around

So, it looks like we are up to 19, as Pharphis hasn't added Laarz to the signup list as of yet.

We will be closing Signups 5PM EST (normal phase start/end time) on Friday, 10 January. Game will begin the following Monday, 13 January, at the normal 5PM EST point.

3-4 more would be very nice, but we can work with the 19 we currently have.

I was just thinking about elaborating on the "job system", but it got the hamster wheel turning. The only real difference between a job system and a class system is that with a class, you are pretty much that forever, but jobs can be changed and developed at a whim. So I wonder if there will be some way for at least some of us to change our class... :scratchchin:

Back on the main track though, I could think of some obvious comparisons with normal mafia roles. White Mages would be Doctors, Knights could be Bodyguards, Ninjas could be, well, Ninjas!

That Moogle has no Pom-Pom. It's a freak of nature, I tell ya.
I didn't even notice! Moogles must have a pom-pom! Of course, that is a picture of Mog, so he can pretty much rock it however he wants because he is Mog.

My strategy will be to become convinced that this is a Twilight game and absolutely refuse to be corrected. I will interpret absolutely all actions based on how girly and stalkery they are and vote accordingly.

I'm looking forward to this! :nod:

Welcome!

Have you played forum mafia before? here?
Vorte, as your non attorney, I would advise you to not answer this question yet, as I'm 85% positive you will be asked the same one in the actual game.

When is this game due to begin? Do we still have time to run an article?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

When is this game due to begin? Do we still have time to run an article?

So, it looks like we are up to 19, as Pharphis hasn't added Laarz to the signup list as of yet.

We will be closing Signups 5PM EST (normal phase start/end time) on Friday, 10 January. Game will begin the following Monday, 13 January, at the normal 5PM EST point.

3-4 more would be very nice, but we can work with the 19 we currently have.

I think we have plenty of time to run the article, but I don't know how long it takes to prepare it, and get it posted. If you need more time, we're probably willing to extend signups and put off starting. We decided to close signups this week because we didn't want to get stuck in a perpetual waiting phase holding out for a few more players.

Let me know what kind of timeline you need to run the article, and we can adjust accordingly.

I found your old CT avatar!

Ayla%20-%20Flirt.gif

YAYNESS!!

woo-hoo!!!!

I friggin love Ayla.

Me too. :cloud9:

In this mafia game every character will have a job that is indicative of the types of abilities they have but not the alignment.

In FF games with the job system normally you can customize each member of your team to choose a job which defines their skillset/spellset they can use.
Easiest example is white mages use white magic, which would include stuff mostly like curing, protecting, and revival spells.
Black mage uses black magic which is mostly used to inflict dmg on foes using spells like fire/bolt/ice

Can't really say much else without giving too much info away. The wiki links int eh first post list a ton of jobs that are common in the series but there is a lot of overlap, so you'll see which are most likely to appear in the game simply because they appear so often in the FF universe and are easy to design roles around

whoa, whoa, whoa. jobs? There are jobs in mafia games now? Guess I better refresh myself on the rules. >.>

Like givin' blowies outside of the 7/11 for Lincolns. Aw yeah.

BPC! I told you to keep our secret! GEEZ! And don't ***** because I helped you get that job!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High