Why does my Fetid Sprinkler give more Smite Damage than my Grief Phase Blade?

Because the "lying character screen" doesnt show dmg that comes from the mod +dmg. Like the ones from Grief, astreons ward etc..

And since your PB has a low normal attack damage, your Fetid seems to do more dmg. Which isnt the case ofc.

As Archone posted, Grief's Damage +(340-400) isn't added to the Smite damage displayed by the character screen. However, the fact that it is actually added to Smite damage is easily verified when you use Smite, since after +% Damage is applied it adds thousands to Smite damage.

Smite damage displayed by the character screen is higher with the Fetid Sprinkler because it has +2 Paladin Skill Levels, the effects of which are displayed by the character screen: +2 Holy Shield adds 8 shield damage beyond level 16, +2 Smite adds 30% Damage, and +2 Fanaticism adds 34% Damage. However, this doesn't change the fact Damage +(340-400) results in actual Smite damage that's significantly higher.

Ohhhh, so I kinda traded my Grief for a Last Wish PB... Good trade? Or epic fail?

I'd think you'd be getting a pretty good deal there. Grief is more useful overall (and in particular, it really makes more sense than any other weapon if one is using a smiter, which you'd asked about earlier), but Last Wish is much, much harder to make. You can eventually remake the Grief, and a whole lot sooner than it would take to assemble the runes for Last Wish.

Of course, if your Grief had an extremely good roll on its +damage, that would make it harder to replace, but still, the difference in runes required for those two recipes is huge.

The dmg variable on grief is huge for a smiter.

Whilst the ed%/cb on the LW isnt as important to be high, could just aswell be low stats.

Ohhhh, so I kinda traded my Grief for a Last Wish PB... Good trade? Or epic fail?
Stats on Grief PB/BA and stats on Last Wish?

Archone said:
Whilst the ed%/cb on the LW isnt as important to be high, could just aswell be low stats.
The Ed% on any weapon doen't matter for Smite. Only off-weapod Ed% does. So Last Wish Ed% could be the lowest and there will be no differense. Just making clear. ;)

Yeah, my english sucks from time to time! :p

Stats on Grief PB/BA and stats on Last Wish?

The Ed% on any weapon doen't matter for Smite. Only off-weapod Ed% does. So Last Wish Ed% could be the lowest and there will be no differense. Just making clear. ;)

Theyre both perfect i believe

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High