Mini-mafia - The Haunting of Timothy Robertson

Drixx counter claim smells really bad though...

Didn't we just have a discussion recently that mafia doesn't want to trade 1 for 1 and town does? If someone claims something that was assigned to me, and I'm town, there's nothing at all "smelly" about me calling them on it. I should make that trade every single time. And Goldtru is saying she "wasn't herself" but she's behaving exactly as she has in the previous two games. Since I'm not mafia, I cannot say for sure that she is or isn't. What I do know is that she made a pretty bold statement that I thought was a claim, she was under pressure at the time, and I am able to say that she's not the mayor.

It strikes me as somewhat odd that Bad Ash put pressure on Goldtru, she made what looked like a claim, I voted for her since I knew that claim to be untrue, then explained, then she walks back the claim, and now everyone thinks she's clean and I'm scum? What kind of logic is that?

Lynch all Liars. I'm fine with a 1 for 1 trade so lynch me today and when I flip and you see Mayor I guess you'll know won't you?

Didn't we just have a discussion recently that mafia doesn't want to trade 1 for 1 and town does? If someone claims something that was assigned to me, and I'm town, there's nothing at all "smelly" about me calling them on it. I should make that trade every single time. And Goldtru is saying she "wasn't herself" but she's behaving exactly as she has in the previous two games. Since I'm not mafia, I cannot say for sure that she is or isn't. What I do know is that she made a pretty bold statement that I thought was a claim, she was under pressure at the time, and I am able to say that she's not the mayor.

It strikes me as somewhat odd that Bad Ash put pressure on Goldtru, she made what looked like a claim, I voted for her since I knew that claim to be untrue, then explained, then she walks back the claim, and now everyone thinks she's clean and I'm scum? What kind of logic is that?

Lynch all Liars. I'm fine with a 1 for 1 trade so lynch me today and when I flip and you see Mayor I guess you'll know won't you?

After last game, you can say with a straight face that mafia don't sometimes do really risky things in the hopes of looking like town?

It would be foolish of me to talk about abilities and help the mafia, and a lot of the posts I see look like possible fishing. I'll just say that someone specifically claiming to be the mayor, when I am, struck me as something a mafia would do. It could be incredibly co-incidental that Goldtru makes a claim to be the mayor (and was under a little pressure at the time), but why would a townie do that?

I am not fishing at all, I am calling your counter-claim one of the worst mafia plays of all time if you are town and would love an explanation I have now asked for about six times by you answering this question:

Why did you think gold wasn't going to be lynched unless you counter-claimed.

Who else thought MAYOR was an ability claim?

I did.

I originally did. Think it may just be alcohol induced nonsense. Drixx counter claim smells really bad though...

Ditto. Was drinking at the time.

So now mayor is an something that the mafia auto claim to try to suck out night one AND an auto-town role.

Yipee! I'm Learnding. Thanks super-nintendo Chalmers.

Bad Ash - Gold doesn't look like she's going to get lynched now, having been caught in a lie. So why exactly should I have assumed she was going to get lynched before?

Btw, for those who have bought Goldtru's "it was all just a silly mistake" excuse, we could lynch Bad Ash. He doesn't seem to care who gets lynched just as long as it's someone. He put a vote on Goldtru before me, questions the very rational "I know that's a lie because X" play and calls it a bad play, even though town players should trade themselves 1for1 every single time, and seems to be doing everything he can to kick up a bunch of dust and throw attention all over the place.

Seems like pretty scummy Bad Ash to me.

bad ash - gold doesn't look like she's going to get lynched now, having been caught in a lie. So why exactly should i have assumed she was going to get lynched before?

Btw, for those who have bought goldtru's "it was all just a silly mistake" excuse, we could lynch bad ash. He doesn't seem to care who gets lynched just as long as it's someone. He put a vote on goldtru before me, questions the very rational "i know that's a lie because x" play and calls it a bad play, even though town players should trade themselves 1for1 every single time, and seems to be doing everything he can to kick up a bunch of dust and throw attention all over the place.

Seems like pretty scummy bad ash to me.

derp .

wait ability claim? No, I thought Mayor was his role I.E. Governor or something else.
Some sort of flavor thing is what I'm getting at. Like a firefighter or grocer or whatever.
Bad Ash - Gold doesn't look like she's going to get lynched now, having been caught in a lie. So why exactly should I have assumed she was going to get lynched before?

Btw, for those who have bought Goldtru's "it was all just a silly mistake" excuse, we could lynch Bad Ash. He doesn't seem to care who gets lynched just as long as it's someone. He put a vote on Goldtru before me, questions the very rational "I know that's a lie because X" play and calls it a bad play, even though town players should trade themselves 1for1 every single time, and seems to be doing everything he can to kick up a bunch of dust and throw attention all over the place.

I'm conflicted on both you and goldtru and I could go for either lynch atm.

There was no reason to think before (or even now) that goldtru wasn't headed for a lynch without your counterclaim. I don't see where you're getting that idea. One or two players removed their vote simply because it's so early in the day, and iirc that was well after your claim

Well, I don't know the Timothy Robertson story at all, but my role seems quite important to that story. So "mayor", as I was using it, just meant "important character who couldn't possibly be mafia".
What story? I googled Timothy Robertson and get nothing but pages of what appear to be normal people (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). I add Haunting and get this thread. Where's the lore link?

Is this it? Some references to the Sixth Sense, but no Timothy here...

Logout has spent a crap load of posts defending Gold, mixing in some Drixx and sprinkling on some obfuscation (did I use it right?).

((Firstly, sorry about my posts last night, I got a bit drunk, and my defense of a certain player was not related to mafia at all, no more drinking and mafia'ing for me!))
The hell? "Certain player" ? It's like you're trying to wave your hand and mind trick me into...what?

I'm all for a lynch party and in this order:
Drixx
Gold
logout

Can we do more than one?

are them there bread crumbs sir?

*nom nom*
Is that a breadcrumb of fisherman? ;)
What story? I googled Timothy Robertson and get nothing but pages of what appear to be normal people (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). I add Haunting and get this thread. Where's the lore link?

Is this it? Some references to the Sixth Sense, but no Timothy here...

Logout has spent a crap load of posts defending Gold, mixing in some Drixx and sprinkling on some obfuscation (did I use it right?).

The hell? "Certain player" ? It's like you're trying to wave your hand and mind trick me into...what?

I'm all for a lynch party and in this order:
Drixx
Gold
logout

Can we do more than one?
how does your lynch order list change when we hit scum? If drixx is scum does gold go? What about logo?

Well, sir. Your eloquent response has totally won me over.

Well I tried asking you questions and making statements but since those weren't working I am glad this did!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Is that a breadcrumb of fisherman? ;)

how does your lynch order list change when we hit scum? If drixx is scum does gold go? What about logo?
That is a good question. I am leaning more and more toward believing that Gold was drunken posting. Logout is backpedaling and waving his magic wand too hard to ignore him. Drixx.... I get scum off him when he's town anyway so I'm not sure if he just stepped in **** or he smelled that way before he spoke up.

What about you, who's on your list?

Noodle's been decidedly on the periphery. Who has your possible vote, Noodle? I know you don't usually vote on day one, but then again you did in X-men.

CDM, as entertaining as Drixx vs Bad Ash is, it seems a little scripted, like Bad Ash is intentionally trying to distance himself from a team mate in case Drixx gets lynched. I don't know what to make of Tru, but I'm leaning towards taking her at face value. This is only her third game, and I doubt she's been able to categorically identify behavior we are likely to deem scummy. I tend to only vote when I feel pretty strongly about someone, and I don't feel strongly enough yet about anyone to cast a vote.

Unvote: Goldtru

I agree here.

I'm going this off memory, missed a lot of posts today.

CDM, believe what you want. Had you been on Hamachi last night, you would know that my "waving a magic wand" isn't what happened. I was defending Goldtru for reasons completely unrelated to mafia, and I was heavily intoxicated. SEVERAL people can vouch for this, if it will change your mind.

I'm getting a scummy read on BA, but for a different reason than Drixx. I said it earlier, but I will say it again here: it really feels like BA is focusing in on nothing, and trying to turn it into something. I also agree with "BA seems to be pushing for a lynch, doesn't matter who it is."

Vote: Bad Ash{/b]

Unvote: Goldtru

I agree here.

I'm going this off memory, missed a lot of posts today.

CDM, believe what you want. Had you been on Hamachi last night, you would know that my "waving a magic wand" isn't what happened. I was defending Goldtru for reasons completely unrelated to mafia, and I was heavily intoxicated. SEVERAL people can vouch for this, if it will change your mind.

I'm getting a scummy read on BA, but for a different reason than Drixx. I said it earlier, but I will say it again here: it really feels like BA is focusing in on nothing, and trying to turn it into something. I also agree with "BA seems to be pushing for a lynch, doesn't matter who it is."

Vote: Bad Ash{/b]

The 'Ol "I'm going off memory, I've missed a bunch of posts" argument. Fine, I'll go back and answer Drixx how I intended to when I stopped expecting logic to take precedence.

Also, 99% chance logout is scum. Never seen posts so obvious.

1. Gold doesn't look like she's going to be lynched? I unvoted to avoid a lock. And she's the leading vote getter at the time of this post. WTF?

2. Why should you assume she WASN'T going to by lynched when she had 3 votes 12 hours into the game, 2-3 more of anyone else in the game? Why would you assume that Drixx?

3. I don't care who gets lynched this game? How many people have I voted for today? Oh right, 1.

4. You claiming is the least rational thing of today (logout's posts are a close second) and the more you post, the less rational it becomes.

5. Oh look at me, I'm townie, I've said 1for1 15 times without talking about how the mafia make a night kill 99% of the time which means I've never defined what "1" is.

6. I make fun of said post because the entire point of this quoted post is with tongue firmly implanted in cheek which means the author (Drixx) knows he's being ridiculous, the only problem is that he's mocking posts that have a lot more ground and validity than his mockumentary does.

In conclusion:

As I have always wanted to and continue to do so: I am voting for Goldtru today. It gives us the most information on Drixx and now logout as well and will clear a whole heck of a lot of things up. That has never changed or wavered and anyone who insinuates that is scared (I.E. Drixx saying I don't care who is lynched today despite there being 0 evidence to this).

Lawyered.

Oh and here come 10 posts about how this is OMGUS!!!!!!!!

Spoiler: I unvoted due to number of votes, not opinion

?Vote: Goldtru

Unvote: Bad Ash

Man... Now I just don't know.

Vote: Goldtru

Lynch All Liars is in effect I guess. Even though it seems like she's trying to play like "MAYOR" was a cute joke, going above and beyond to capslock it doesn't sit easy with me.

I don't see my vote changing from Goldtru for today.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High