X-men mafia game thread

Why did you have to say this. Couldn't you give me a chance to make a full claim in response to my impending doom?

I'll say this. It is a shot. I can choose to be NK-Immune or not. I used 1 shot the first night, because I was scared after the first game. Afterwords, I decided that was a bad move, as last game, I did cause at least 1 townie to get lynched for the mafia. Smart for them to leave me alive, because I am always read scummy, and might cause another mis-lynch in their favor.

N2, I did not use a shot. I still have shots left.

Why did you bring it up though? Regardless of how many shots you may or may not have left, you've just removed the possibility of making scum waste an NK on you. If not for that claim, I don't believe CG would have put you on the spot right now and almost definitely guaranteed your lynch today.

Neutrals get their win-con sometimes in these games,haven't seen it stop the game from going on,whats your point?

Exactly. If he's neutral CG is welcome to succeed in his win con, doesn't bother me. You are right though, it's only likely that he isn't scum, not that he is town.

A fight has started between Caluin Graye and logoutzero.

All previous votes have been cleared. The only two people who can be voted for during the remainder of the day phase are Caluin Graye and logoutzero.

The player with the majority number of votes at the end of the day phase will be lynched.

Neutrals get their win-con sometimes in these games,haven't seen it stop the game from going on,whats your point?

My point is, I don't understand it as a townie power, if it functions as described. Bear with me, I know how much you guys hate "thinking out loud" and theorycrafting, but w.e.

As a townie power:
Code:
 The person using this power is betting that they can target a scum. There is no way for this person to KNOW that his target is scum, unless he is an aligment cop, and even then, it can still be inaccurate. That means town has to be willing to risk losing one of their own, for the chance at lynching someone that ideally is NOT town aligned. This is a big risk, and I don't see the moderators including this without some huge potential payout/reward for a successful result. It's also claimed that it resets the votes, and forces votes on either himself, or his target. So, that can be used to rescue himself or a perceived team-mate, and possibly cause a no-lynch.

As a scum power:
Code:
This makes the most sense to me from a game-play mechanics perspective. Scum know who is not scum, so they can potentially use this to greater effect than a townie ever could. It makes more sense from a moderation point-of-view. Granted, the scum is still at risk, but KNOWING who is NOT mafia makes this power make sense, again, if it functions the way it is described.

As a neutral power:
Code:
This also makes more sense than a townie power, just due to the nature of how it functions. A neutral has no teammates, and is generally regarded as self-aligned, and on one's own. This scenario works from a moderator's point of view, because the neutral has no extra information, other than what he can gather on his own/deduce from the thread, so it's balanced.

I know we can't ASSUME anything about the setup of the game, but I just don't see this as a townie power without the same person being some sort of alignment cop, or at the very least, having 1 shot of alignment read.

My point is, I don't understand it as a townie power, if it functions as described. Bear with me, I know how much you guys hate "thinking out loud" and theorycrafting, but w.e.

As a townie power:
Code:
 The person using this power is betting that they can target a scum. There is no way for this person to KNOW that his target is scum, unless he is an aligment cop, and even then, it can still be inaccurate. That means town has to be willing to risk losing one of their own, for the chance at lynching someone that ideally is NOT town aligned. This is a big risk, and I don't see the moderators including this without some huge potential payout/reward for a successful result. It's also claimed that it resets the votes, and forces votes on either himself, or his target. So, that can be used to rescue himself or a perceived team-mate, and possibly cause a no-lynch.

As a scum power:
Code:
This makes the most sense to me from a game-play mechanics perspective. Scum know who is not scum, so they can potentially use this to greater effect than a townie ever could. It makes more sense from a moderation point-of-view. Granted, the scum is still at risk, but KNOWING who is NOT mafia makes this power make sense, again, if it functions the way it is described.

As a neutral power:
Code:
This also makes more sense than a townie power, just due to the nature of how it functions. A neutral has no teammates, and is generally regarded as self-aligned, and on one's own. This scenario works from a moderator's point of view, because the neutral has no extra information, other than what he can gather on his own/deduce from the thread, so it's balanced.

I know we can't ASSUME anything about the setup of the game, but I just don't see this as a townie power without the same person being some sort of alignment cop, or at the very least, having 1 shot of alignment read.

I don't see this is any less of a town aligned ability than vigilante shots would be. Those are given to individuals without the ability to check alignment all the time.

Why did you bring it up though? Regardless of how many shots you may or may not have left, you've just removed the possibility of making scum waste an NK on you. If not for that claim, I don't believe CG would have put you on the spot right now and almost definitely guaranteed your lynch today.

I can see that scum may be tempted not to waste an NK on me, but, eventually, they will have to, if they want me dead. The second part, I don't follow. Are you saying that had I not claimed NK-Immune ever, that you wouldn't think I was scum?

All previous votes have been cleared. The only two people who can be voted for during the remainder of the day phase are Caluin Graye and logoutzero.

The player with the majority number of votes at the end of the day phase will be lynched.

So, I guess it comes down to CG vs. myself. Here goes nothing.

My name is Colossus, and I am town aligned. I have the power, as a mutant, of Armored Transformation. That power, grants me the ability to, during the night phase, become NK-Immune from "almost everything." It has a limited amount of shots.

It was reiterated that my transformation turns my body into metal. I think this ties into the Metal Control power that Magneto had, but I can't be sure.

I would ask CG to make a claim, but as I cannot see this being a townie power, I doubt he will.

I don't see this is any less of a town aligned ability than vigilante shots would be. Those are given to individuals without the ability to check alignment all the time.

Was just about to say this feels like a softer touch on a day vig g role. Still giving town at least some sort of recourse vs none at all with a day kill.

Do the votes made after the Fight was declared but before this announcement count?

iow: what's the count?

Unvote: logoutzero

I'm not so sure now.

I can see that scum may be tempted not to waste an NK on me, but, eventually, they will have to, if they want me dead. The second part, I don't follow. Are you saying that had I not claimed NK-Immune ever, that you wouldn't think I was scum?

My name is Colossus, and I am town aligned. I have the power, as a mutant, of Armored Transformation. That power, grants me the ability to, during the night phase, become NK-Immune from "almost everything." It has a limited amount of shots.

It was reiterated that my transformation turns my body into metal. I think this ties into the Metal Control power that Magneto had, but I can't be sure.

I would ask CG to make a claim, but as I cannot see this being a townie power, I doubt he will.

Agreed. Logout is scum.

Vote: Logoutzero

I just realized you hadn't voted for me. I got you and Noodle mixed up.

I can see that scum may be tempted not to waste an NK on me, but, eventually, they will have to, if they want me dead.

Scum will not want you dead. Once they know you are Night-kill immune, they'll just ignore you and you become an ordinary vanilla townie. Night kill immune is not that strong of a power once outed, simply because there is always someone else that can be killed, and it's one less person to have an investigative power.

Yet, scum love to fake claim night kill immune. It answers immediately a very inconvenient question - "Why aren't you dead yet?"

Vote: Logout

See, this is in line with the lore, and exactly what I expected you to claim. To answer your question, yes, I would have no reason to think you were scum had you not claimed NK immune. Doing so is either a terrible move for a town player to make, or a reasonable one for scum to make in order to explain away the fact that they remained alive until the late game. Like yesterday, i'm still quite certain you're not scum, though I do see why everyone else believes you might be.

Do the votes made after the Fight was declared but before this announcement count?

Very important thing to know.

At the moment, I don't believe either CG or logout are scum.

Since it wasn't clear that the fight had started, I'm going to start the vote count from my post onward.

Going with that then we have:

Logoutzero (1) : Caluin Graye
Caluin Gray (1) : logoutzero

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High