X-men mafia game thread

Why lynch him so quickly? Leaving him until tomorrow garners more information from him on the chance that he's not actually lying. If he's not lynching him right now means we lose an incredibly important role. Unless there's absolutely no other viable targets today, I don't feel like lynching him is the best course of action.

Hmm. With no NK's, I would suggest we, instead of lynching either of those people who don't seem scummy to me, but seem scummy to all of you, kindly suggest to whatever cops we have that they go check on those people, and we lynch someone else instead, idk who though. Lynching a claimed cop of uncertain alignment vs lore seems like a bad idea, although I will say that his ability is more scum than town, I just don't feel he's scummy at all.

Why lynch him so quickly? Leaving him until tomorrow garners more information from him on the chance that he's not actually lying. If he's not lynching him right now means we lose an incredibly important role. Unless there's absolutely no other viable targets today, I don't feel like lynching him is the best course of action.

Tomorrow = wait till the end of D1?
or
tomorrow = no lynch d1?

Sorry, guys, I have to raid (WoW) in a few minutes, so can't stay and review / reply all the posts I've missed.

I saw Pharphis claimed, and I assure you... there is no chance in hell Magneto is a power cop unless the mods are either very clueless about the X-men or are heavily trolling us. I think Pharphis decided to claim based on someone's comment I saw in the morning saying that Magneto "has also led the X-men", yet this person is relatively wrong and I will elaborate on that next time I'm online.

My vote stays and so should yours. If he is Magneto, we'll take down the godfather on the first day. Rejoice.

How many hours until end of day? It's kinda hard for me to go back and look at the thread and to post for that matter. Unvote: flubbucketVote: PharphisYou gave us all the info we never asked for, but didnt put the alignment in.

Sorry, guys, I have to raid (WoW) in a few minutes, so can't stay and review / reply all the posts I've missed.

I saw Pharphis claimed, and I assure you... there is no chance in hell Magneto is a power cop unless the mods are either very clueless about the X-men or are heavily trolling us. I think Pharphis decided to claim based on someone's comment I saw in the morning saying that Magneto "has also led the X-men", yet this person is relatively wrong and I will elaborate on that next time I'm online.

My vote stays and so should yours. If he is Magneto, we'll take down the godfather on the first day. Rejoice.

Well, since cakes is probably not going to be on... I'm just going to say what I figured out.
When I used pharphis' text and a key of "shape" I got a unencrypted text of JCakes.
To me, this suggests that JCakes is a shapeshifter.

The first thing that pops up in a google search is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystique_(comics)

And one of the first things that is said on there is:
Throughout most of her history, Mystique has been a supervillain, founding her own Brotherhood of Mutants and assassinating several important people involved in mutant affairs.

I may be a fool in believing... but...

unvote: val
vote: jcakes

~2:40 left in the day.

BipolarChemistC(0): (pharphis), (logoutzero), (BipolarChemist)
IWantNumbers(1): (Goryani), IWantNumbers
Valharous(0): (pharphis), (Zokar)
phaphis(8): coju, Valharous, BipolarChemist, (crawlingdeadman), Jcakes, Goldtrue, Goryani, crawlingdeadman, Caluin Graye
logoutzero(4): FredofErik, CaluinGraye, Noodle, pharphis
flubbucket(0): (Zokar), (crawlingdeadman)
Zokar(0): (BipolarChemist)
Crawlingdeadman (1): BadAsh
Goldtru(1): logoutzero
Jcakes(1): Zokar

Zokar is right, Pharphis' message does encode to Jcakes, using Shape and Mystique would be the ideal shapeshifter role.

Well, since cakes is probably not going to be on... I'm just going to say what I figured out.
When I used pharphis' text and a key of "shape" I got a unencrypted text of JCakes.
Was guessing "Shape" literally just a random guess? I find it a bit difficult to believe that you so easily stumbled upon that.

Zokar is right, Pharphis' message does encode to Jcakes, using Shape and Mystique would be the ideal shapeshifter role.

Doesn't that add more credibility to his claim? Mystique would be right along the same lines of a character that could border either squad (BH/X-men) and unless you believe him to be outing another member of his team. If Pharphis turns up mafia would you lynch Jcakes next?

However, you're right in the sense that there's no way we'll be able to switch targets so late into the day now and a no lynch is almost never ideal.

Vote: Pharphis

Doesn't that add more credibility to his claim? Mystique would be right along the same lines of a character that could border either squad (BH/X-men) and unless you believe him to be outing another member of his team. If Pharphis turns up mafia would you lynch Jcakes next?

However, you're right in the sense that there's no way we'll be able to switch targets so late into the day now and a no lynch is almost never ideal.

Vote: Pharphis

I find it hard to believe that he would investigate his own team with that kind of role, but who knows.
If pharphis does turn up mafia and jcakes turns up town, what does that say about lynching based on name?
I mean you don't get called a "supervillain" for nothing, so we have two evil names with two different factions in that case.

idk what to make of this tbh, but I'm more inclined to keep a "cop" type over a "shapeshifter" any day of the week.

To me, this suggests that JCakes is a shapeshifter.

The first thing that pops up in a google search is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystique_(comics)

And one of the first things that is said on there is:
Throughout most of her history, Mystique has been a supervillain, founding her own Brotherhood of Mutants and assassinating several important people involved in mutant affairs.

I may be a fool in believing... but...

unvote: val
vote: jcakes

Wait, what did you do? How do you figure that out? Color me either impressed or suspicious.

I'm not going to be here at the end of the day for once, I was out late last night and think it would be wise to get a bit of sleep. I'm not going to vote for Pharphis for the reasons I detailed before. I don't think a pharphis lynch teaches us anything. If he flips town, and was not lying, that means Magneto was a town role, and Jcakes, even though likely mystique, could easily be a good guy as well. If he flips scum, then he could have been lying about anything, and I don't think there's much information gained from what he's said today.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High