Yet another little Diablo II quiz

jiansonz

Jun 22, 2003
Third time around I do this, I think.

Like before, I will use spoiler cover and keep editing this first post as answers come in, so new readers can still have a go at the quiz unspoiled.

(Questions are about v1.13)

1. What monster name do the warrior minions of Colenzo the Annihilator have?

First correct answer from pharphis:
Warped One

2. How many minions does Bremm Sparkfist have with him on Nightmare difficulty?

3. How many minions does a randomly spawned boss have? (correct interval, please!)

Answer:
3-6

4. Which is the only way a boss can get resurrected?

First correct answer from srrw:
Monster shrine on a Fallen.
I am pretty sure it can happen to the companions of a greater mummy or flayer shaman as well.

5. Which shrines are completely useless if they spawn on Harem level 1?

First correct answers (one each) from Noodle and thefranklin:
Monster Shrine and Fire Shrine
(reason: no monsters can spawn there!)

6. Which character class has the fastest base attack speed with polearms?

First correct answer from nulio:
Sorceress

7. What is the maximum amount of MF you can have on a rare circlet?

First correct answer from khuzgan:
35 for base item (prefix+suffix), (then add 2 sockets with 25 mf each -> total of 85).

8. Horror mages spawn in Jerhyn's palace. Each of the of the four floors can only host mages that shoot elemental shots specific to that floor (with the slight exception of boss packs in Normal difficulty). Name the correct order of elemental shot types as you encounter them when you progress in the game. (we assume that mages spawn on all possible areas in this playthrough)

First correct answer from Yann:
Cold, Fire, Poison, Lightning

9. In what area(s) in the game can you meet Stygian Watchers?

First correct answer from srrw:
Act III Sewers

10. What is the highest possible physical Throw damage javelin you can shop from Malah in Normal difficulty?
(name of item and damage interval, please!)

First correct answer from JCakes:
"I think this is a Ferocious (200%ed) Javelin of Evisceration (+63 max damage) base damage of a javelin is 6-14 damage so the range should be 18 - 105" (average 61.5)

(Note that the bigger javelins can't get as good affixes because of the ilvl cap of 45. Second best type is a 100/40 Merciless Short Spear of Butchery but that isn't even close (average damage 52). It still narrowly beats an 80/20 Savage Throwing Spear of Slaughter.)

11. Which two superuniques have three base abilities? (those abilities that random bosses have, like Spectral Hit, Mana burn, etc.)

First correct answer from khuzgan:
Ancient Kaa the Soulless and Bone Ash

12. (Bonus question for long-time SPFers that follow tournaments)
Which is the only character class that I have never gotten killed in HC?

Barbarian

Last edited:
5. Monster shrines.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1) no type - so animal? EDIT: Warped Ones
2) 3 minions
3) Guess here, but 3-5
4) :/
5) Monster shrine
6) Druids
7) If you mean just the modifiers, then 25. If including sockets then 75
8) cold, Light, Poison, Fire
9) Swampy pit, Flayer Dungeon, Sewers? (act 3 for all)
10) no idea
11) Coldworm, Ancient Kaa the Soulless?
12) Barbarian?

Last edited:
1. What monster type are the warrior minions of Colenzo the Annihilator?
Council Member (Edit: Oh, type! Demons, I think. At least the Act III ones are Demons.)
6, I'm guessing here
3. How many minions does a randomly spawned boss have? (correct interval, please!)
3-7, I think
Monster shrine on a Fallen?
Mana, Health, Portal (it is useful if you don't wanna walk the whole way to Meshif after finishing the Act, when you don't have any TP scrolls/Book Charges)
Druids? I have no idea
35%? Felicitous+Fortune?
8. Horror mages spawn in Jerhyn's palace. Each of the of the four floors can only host mages that shoot elemental shots specific to that floor (with the slight exception of boss packs in Normal difficulty). Name the correct order of elemental shot types as you encounter them when you progress in the game. (we assume that mages spawn on all possible areas in this playthrough)
Harem 2 - Cold
Palace 1 - Fire
Palace 2 - Lightning
Palace 3 - Poison
(Guessing again, I haven't cleared the place in months)
Great Marsh
Swampy Pit?
Flayer Dungeon
Sewers (A3)
Travincal
10. What is the highest physical Throw damage javelin you can shop from Malah in Normal difficulty?
Short Spear, I think, no idea about the damage interval (edit: for some reason I was thinking Fara...)
11. Which two superuniques have three base abilities? (those abilities that random bosses have, like Spectral Hit, Mana burn, etc.)
Ancient Kaa the Soulless
Hephasto?
12. Which is the only character class that I have never gotten killed?
Paladin? You don't like them, right? I know you've Guardian'd at least 1, so maybe you haven't played any others?

btw; I love this kind of stuff, thanks for bothering to come up with it!

Last edited:
@pharphis:

1. Ok, let me rephrase the question. Please look at it again.
2. Yep
3. Nope
5. Yes, and...
6. Wrong
7. Not quite, but you almost got it right
8. Not quite
9. One of the three is right.
11. One is correct, one is not.
12. Aye!

Last edited:
ah ok, thanks. I edited my previous answer, though the first question is very easy.. I thought you were getting at something else

1) Warped one (fallen monster group, demons)
2) 4
3) 3-10 maybe, depending on type.
4) Only way I can recall encoutering is when a normal fallen gets upped by a monster shrine.
5) -already answered, but anyways, monster shrine
6) -druid
7) 35 for base item (prefix+suffix), (then add 2 sockets with 25 mf each -> total of 85).
8) cold, lightning, fire, poison
9) A3 underground areas (the pools of water)
10) Simbilan [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]27 to 50 (38.5 average)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
11) Ancient Kaa the soulless and Bone Ash
12) Assasin
Cheated and looked up 10 and 11, because not getting to know them bugged me.

Third time around I do this, I think.

Like before, I will use spoiler cover and keep editing this first post as answers come in, so new readers can still have a go at the quiz unspoiled.

(Questions are about v1.13)

1. What monster name are the warrior minions of Colenzo the Annihilator?

Devilkin

Four

4 + 0-2

An act 3 Fetish Shaman boss, the 2nd one you kill can then be resurrected.

Fire Shrine

Necro

30 + 25 + 48 = 103

Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison

Act 3, the tentacled guys in the water

10. What is the highest physical Throw damage javelin you can shop from Malah in Normal difficulty?

In Diablo 3, any weapon can be thrown. How lame.

Good question, no idea. Wyadd Voidbringer and Lord D Seis

12. (Bonus question for long-time SPFers that follow tournaments)
Which is the only character class that I have never gotten killed in HC?

Sorc

I have no idea on them, so I am expecting 12 wrong answers! Except I saw Noodle's answer to five, so I chose something else. Not sure if I would have thought of that, but it sounds like a good answer.

Edit: Nice quiz, seeing some answers. Now my answer to 7 looks dumb because of the last number I used, der.

I like your shrine answer :) I think it should be an acceptable response as well

1. Warped Ones

2.3?

3. Monster shrines usually have one , I have no idea about the others

4. reanimation

5. Portal Shrine?

6. Druid?

7. Depends on if it has sockets or not (I know luck is 35%?)

8. Cold, Lightning, Fire

9. Great Marsh? Sewers?

10. War Javelin?

11. Hephasto, Pitspawn Fouldog?

12. Assassin?

10characters?

1. Dark Fallen.

2. 4.

3. 0-6. I would say 2-6, but once I've seen a Vampire boss alone in one of the awkward corners near Mephisto. Most likely a glitch, but anyway.

4. Revive.

5. There are no shrines there. I deduced that from the question.

6. Necromancer.

7. 40.

8. 1st lvl - fire (they don't spawn - deduced), 2nd - cold, 3rd - poison, 4th - lightning.

9. Nowhere. They're called Witches, not Watchers.

10. Another tricky question. I would say Glaive anyway. The damage I don't know.

11. Battlemaid Sarina and the unique snake at the altar of light. Guessed purely on how many times they beat me up.

12. Assassin.
I think I didn't pass. :scratchchin:

OK, some comment this far:

1. After I edited the question to make it less confusing, some of you got this one.

2. Answered (see first post)

3. No right answer yet (but Delsy has a point about spawning in awkward spots. For the purpose of the question, assume things work normally)

4. Some of you got this.
To clarify, I mean situations where you will face the boss again, with abilities intact, not when it is revived/resurrected by the character or their gear.

5. Noodle was the first one in the whole thread to answer, and got one of them right. thefranklin got the other.

6. Nope, neither Druid nor Necromancer.

7. Several different answers but only one is correct this far.

8. No fully correct answer yet. Some of you gave answers that if we were playing Master Mind would lead to two black and two white dots.

9. Maybe I needed to be more specific. I do not mean river hydras in general (there are three different types), I mean specifically the Stygian Watcher, the most "advanced" type.

10. Looking for a much more specific answer here, one that will require a little work from you.
Picture the situation where you play a character progressing through Act V Normal and all you care about is the physical damage on your javelin. At every visit to Malah, you check her javelins for sale for something better than you have. What would be the ultimate throw damage javelin she can sell, one that would make it pointless to look for an upgrade (until you reach vendors later in the game).
@khuzgan and djmbbandie: no vendor in Normal difficulty can sell exceptional items.

11. Answered, but it took you a while to get one of the two right.

12. Answered.

Oh, then:
Sewers

I had no idea you meant something magical as well. Ferocious (200ED) Throwing Spear of Evisceration (63? MAX). No idea about damage interval, don't know the base weapon damage.

I'm *almost* sure that Evisceration is alvl<45, If not then it's of Butchery (40 MAX)

The questions are quite tricky and I didn't give much thought in the answers on my first try. Probably why most of them are horribly wrong :badteeth:

Last edited:
I think this is a Ferocious (200%ed) javelin of Evisceration (+63 max damage) base damage of a javelin is 6-14 damage so the range should be 18 - 105 assuming I did my math correctly .....

6.)
Sorceress (counterintuitive, I know)

8.)
Cold, Fire, Poison, Lightning

Yep, that's the correct order of mages, Yann.

And Sorceress is indeed the fastest class with polearms. She is also the fastest with staves, two-handed axes and two-handed blunt weapons (Mauls and Great Mauls). I think this is because when she was designed, it was natural that she should be the fastest class with a staff (orbs did not exist back then) and fighting with these other two-handers uses the same animation as for a staff. Two-handed swords is a totally different matter. With those, she is one of the slowest classes. Barbarian and Amazon lead the pack there, slightly ahead of the Paladin.

The answer to the only remaining question is 3-6 (number of minions in a randomly spawned bosspack).

I think you did well here, SPF people. It did not take long for you to answer most of the questions, and some of them were a little tricky.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High