The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

especially if Zokar goes out anti-town style.

Shoot: flubbucket

While I have mixed feelings about helping town... you're welcome. This is about the least hurtful to town as I can come up with on a short notice. Good luck town.

Long day at work, will not be able to post later.

While I am sad that I lost, I've learned something about myself this game... my fear of losing is stronger than my drive to win sometimes, leading to choices that are ill-advised. I took a risk and it failed and I'm not mad at that, rather the reason for taking the risk... this game has taught me that I need to take a few steps back and practice some patience and discipline.

Enjoy the game. See you all in the dead thread.

~waves~

As for who to kill if he doesn't show up, I know you keep thinking it will be you, but if, as you say, Danny is more likely to be town, then it is town that is against me. That being said, at least Bad Ash I know for sure has some powers and I'd rather take out somebody I know has powers than to guess and risk taking you out since you've not given anybody anything to actually verify your claim. Even if you claimed now (and I doubt you will) I doubt you'll have anything that I can verify, so it's still looking like a better "in character" vengeful act to take out BA instead of you.

I don't get this. Why would you not try to take a shot at the drug dealer (more likely to be mafia in my opinion) than BA, who is one of the most townie players so far? Seems like a higher cahnce of you winning that way.

Also, I'm confused. Is VI a role, or a term coined for idiots who can't play this game very well?

VI = village idiot = normally wins the game if he is lynched. Tends to be rather disruptive

then Gwai must be mafia. :p

Lol. Turns out all streaks have to end.

A listener is a PITA for mafia. Having played as mafia against a listener, I know first hand. Planted fake messages and hidden codes and coherent thoughts split up between multiple posts is an absolute nightmare for mafia. Their plans suffer. Their NK choices less effective. Their reads hushed. I've never seen a game with a listener where mafia can freely talk. Most mafia give up trying to elude a listener before too long. As mod of a game with a listener (a super duper powerful listener), and having seen mafia deal with it, or not, I think you know this.

This. A listener greatly interferes with a mafia being able to work as a group, even when outed.

Shoot: flubbucket

While I have mixed feelings about helping town... you're welcome. This is about the least hurtful to town as I can come up with on a short notice. Good luck town.

Hmm. So were you fibbing when you said flubb would die at the end of the day anyways? Will we get your and flubbs flip for the day?

Anyways, since that seems to be wrapped up, I think today we need to lynch logoutzero. Too many odd parts about his claim, including both role name and team (no other staff have claimed). That is unless staff are more likely to be power roles and have not claimed for that reason. Also, could be that he made up the wording from the listening post and that is why it sounded weird.

Vote: logoutzero

@Drixx;

I actually agree with your assessment of the situation. I formulated a strategy early on that did not account for possibilities that are only present in forum mafia. I did not account for the fact that there could be more than just town and mafia, so my intention on showing the mafia that I was no threat, was a fallacy. I went into this game knowing that A.) Mafia know that I am town (which is actually an incorrect assumption, I have now realized) and B.) that once I claimed listener, townies would point some sort of powers at me to get a read, and make a claim that I am town, or at least confirm my listener claim to buy me some credibility. Again, this was a bad assumption because, no other townie would come out this early with a claim of a read against me, else paint a giant target on their head. Lessons learned for the next game.

Also, it's funny that you should mention suicide. I contemplated it, but decided to stay anyway, after all, it's the journey, not the destination.

I am debating whether or not to make another claim. In my mind, by coming forth with my actual role and results, it would most certainly clear me. But at the same time, I am pretty certain it will just be viewed as a play to get more town credit.

But, at this point in the (game's) late afternoon, it could go either way. Maybe posting has been slow due to the fact that it was a weekend.

But, I am indeed having fun. And learning a lot. This is quite different than any variations of this game I have played in person. It's especially hard going into this game not knowing the technical operations of the game, such as the whole Shoot: Zokar thing. I really didn't even suspect that was an actual game command. Also, not being intimately familiar with roles and powers has led me to some mistakes as well. And finally, the possibility of more than the 2 main factions has opened my eyes to some strategies, or more accurately, which strategies cannot work, and which assumptions cannot be made. Anyway, day is rolling on, and I doubt I will be back in this thread to stay updated. If I come back tonight and see that I am still alive, then great, we'll fight this battle another day. But at this point, the fact that I can't prove anything to anyone, and that I can't even vote, really leaves me no reason to participate for the rest of the afternoon. Good luck town, I'm rooting for you!

Vote: logoutzero
I was coming in to see who zokar was going to kill, and it was glib. Thank you for choosing to help us!
Be good, see you in a month.

I am debating whether or not to make another claim. In my mind, by coming forth with my actual role and results, it would most certainly clear me. But at the same time, I am pretty certain it will just be viewed as a play to get more town credit.

But, at this point in the (game's) late afternoon, it could go either way. Maybe posting has been slow due to the fact that it was a weekend.

It's especially hard going into this game not knowing the technical operations of the game, such as the whole Shoot: Zokar thing. I really didn't even suspect that was an actual game command.

... with this you are almost assuredly going to be lynched today. So if you have been lying about your role and results, best to give the town as much info as possible before you are lynched.

As for the shoot thing, people that have a daytime kill option usually kill by one of 2 methods: sometimes they can be anonymous and send a PM with who they kill, other times they use the Shoot: command in thread.

So many people dodging the conversations. Giving me too many scum reads to follow up on. If not for Logout, I'd suggest we lynch LightningNick, Goldtru, coju.

I've also a scum read on Jcakes, mainly for this:
I am inclinded to vote for thefranklin today. We have two choices

1) lynch logout
- if he flips listener we go for thefrank
- if he flips mafia then we leave frank alone

2) lynch thefrank
- if he flips mafia we still have a listener
- if he flips a non killing ability then we lynch logout

I dislike most "If/then" statements concerning lynches, most especially when one person's lynch hangs upon another lynch flipping town. They tend to yell at me that the person making the case knows both lynches will be town, but are hiding behind the excuse of "Well, I thought at least one of them had to be scum!"

The thing that bothers me most is that there's no third option in scenario #2: If Franklin flips town, we lynch someone else who's being scummy and not necessarily Logout.

So you expect Flubbucket to flip scum?

Also, I asked a question back in post #586 that I'd still like an answer to.

No, I am expecting flub to be town, but zokar said he is trying to help town now, instead of mafia.
As for your question: I didn't realize we were teams "glory holers" and "meat industry". Brings back good memories of bad dubbing.

I really don't like any of the people we've been considering killing. I don't find much reason to think any of them are especially scummy, and don't have much of a read on others myself. :( I'll vote for logout if no other options come up, but for my part I don't really have any suggestions on who else we should lynch.

Im in same boat as you cerb. Im suspicious of the lurking people.. what are they not saying..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

logoutzero's last post leaves a sour taste in my mouth. For a couple reasons. If true, his overall play is part Ankeli/G-Man/Half-Life, part kestegs/night-only VI/South Park, and part "everything I do is a test so don't take anything I say seriously" gambiter. I don't see any reason mafia would act like he's been doing (unless he's lynch immune as well as voteless) but neither do I see any reason for a townie to undergo the D1 charade (if it was a charade - who knows).

How many of you absolutely, positively, do not trust logoutzero? How many won't?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High