Would like some help getting patch 1.09 to work

How did you run the game? Through game.exe or diablo II.exe? Through game.exe you won't get the no-cd error, but it will silently fail.
Try running the diablo II.exe.
When creating the image, did you make sure to not skip the reading errors?.
And when mounting the image, did you make sure to mount with 'securom' enabled?

Hello Nulio, Schaap,

No SecuROM settings are needed in Daemon Tools as long as you create the disk with the correct options.

Make sure that the "Skip reading errors" is unchecked, _but (this is the key part as well)_ make sure that "Read Sub-Channel Data from current disc" is selected. Once the disk is created, just mount it and you are good to go ;D.

View attachment 4940

PS: You guys made me open my Diablo II CE box to do this -_- hehe.

View attachment 4941

Thanks fearedbliss. I just needed to check SecureROM in Daemons Tools.

Also made a new image with your instructions but then DTLite wasn't able to mount it. But with the Secure Room I was able to open the ISO I made last night.

Edit: I just saw schaap reply now. I had made my .ISO with "Skip Reading Errors" checked and mounted with "SecureROM" unchecked. I launch all games using a shortcut to LaunchModGame.vbs. Today I made a .MDS with fearedbliss intel, but DTLite can't mount it. But then I only needed to check "SecureROM" and it work.

Thanks fearedbliss! With your latest instructions, I was able to mount the image without the securom settings!

Nulio: I was able to mount the .MDS file with DTLite. Even though their site indicates that this filetype is not supported in the lite version, it is.

Many thanks again!

My DTLite does not. I can add it to the list but not mount it. Anyway my ISO works now.

Hey Nulio,

It .mdf/.mds works fine with DTLite. What version are you using?

I was using 4.47.1.03333 and just updated to the latest 4.48.1 and it still works fine.

What you can do is open DTLite, and when you get the window, click the wheel thing (Preferences) at the bottom right and on the left side click Integration, then click "Select All" (Basically make sure mds/mdf are selected) and then click ok. From there you can just double click the mds/mdf file and it should add it to the list and mount it as well. You can also just drag the mds/mdf file into the DT top box and then drag that from the list into the drive you want to mount it at the bottom.

Also Schaap,

The website does say it does support it:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/dtLite

"Mount *.mdx, *.mds/*.mdf, *.iso, *.b5t, *.b6t, *.bwt, *.ccd, *.cdi, *.bin/*.cue, *.ape/*.cue, *.flac/*.cue, *.nrg, *.isz disc images to a virtual drive"

Also guys I forgot to mention, if you aren't going to be using this image for installing D2 but rather just for playing, you might be interested in making a D2 Mini Image instead. Since the game only needs the first few bytes in order to "verify" you have the cd inside and let you play, you can actually just start making the image just like you did before, but cancel it once it reaches 4% (Or a little bit more depending your cd.. you'll have to keep trying 4-10% to see what works). Once that happens, it will ask you if you want to delete the files (of the image it was trying to create), say you don't want to delete it. The mini-image you will have should be around 28 MB (maybe higher depending how much percentage you let it get to). Now you can use this image in Daemon Tools as well to play (DT might not want to open it automatically when you double click it, but just drag it to the DT window and mount it there).

The beautiful thing about the mini image is that you can put it on your flash drive or laptop and play the game without having to spend 650 MB+ .. You save a lot of space.

Here is my image of everything working with the 28.8 MB mini image :).

View attachment 4942

Last edited:
Wow fearedbliss, that's great!

How did you come up with the partial image by simply aborting it?

My version is 4.47.1.0337. When I select it in the Images list it shows in a yellow bow at the right "The Image is invalid."

Since I can now use the .ISO I won't bother trying to figure why the .MDS does not. I'd test it by mount it with alcohol120 or rip it again.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High