The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

I agree with you on that. But you haven't answered my question. Would you please do so?

I don't think logoutzero is actually the listener. Lynching thefranklin wouldn't tell us because the quote that logoutzero posted seems to be a very unlikely thing for one scum to be saying to the others unless it was an intentionally obfuscation in case of listener, in which case it's very likely they are not using each other's names when talking to each other. It could be a simple substitution or a shift up or down a list that they posted or any number of things so that THEY understand what's being said but that we cannot possibly understand it.

The actual chances of thefranklin being scum seem low given the supposed quote, and his reaction to the situation feels very townie.

Logoutzero, on the other hand, has been all over the place today to the point where I'm not even sure we should take his listener claim at face value. I think people saying that he's no longer valuable as a listener are probably referring to the worst case if we lynch him and he was telling the truth.

I am a bit puzzled by the votes on logout as well. Just because a listener being revealed is now useless we want to lynch him BECAUSE of this? Some of the votes have been of this nature which is bizarre. If you believe logout to be the listener you'd be voting for franklin because he has a chance to be anti-town does he not?

That's the question though. Is Logoutzero actually a listener? He's been so all over the place it's hard to say. If we believe he's the listener, then the question is whether we think the post is legitimately one scum outing the name of another scum or if the post is obfuscated by a scum team wary of a listener and thus going after thefranklin would result in lynching a townie.

Though, Moar's questions did make me think of something I do want to know.

Logout: Would you be willing to tell us what team you're on?

I'm not voting for Logout because he's a listener, I'm voting for him because I suspect he's scum making a play against thefranklin. It's just that if I'm wrong and Logout is truthful then the damage is minimized.

Can you ecplain why a scum would make that play against thefranklin please?

I don't think logoutzero is actually the listener. Lynching thefranklin wouldn't tell us because the quote that logoutzero posted seems to be a very unlikely thing for one scum to be saying to the others unless it was an intentionally obfuscation in case of listener, in which case it's very likely they are not using each other's names when talking to each other. It could be a simple substitution or a shift up or down a list that they posted or any number of things so that THEY understand what's being said but that we cannot possibly understand it.

The actual chances of thefranklin being scum seem low given the supposed quote, and his reaction to the situation feels very townie.

Logoutzero, on the other hand, has been all over the place today to the point where I'm not even sure we should take his listener claim at face value. I think people saying that he's no longer valuable as a listener are probably referring to the worst case if we lynch him and he was telling the truth.

That's the question though. Is Logoutzero actually a listener? He's been so all over the place it's hard to say. If we believe he's the listener, then the question is whether we think the post is legitimately one scum outing the name of another scum or if the post is obfuscated by a scum team wary of a listener and thus going after thefranklin would result in lynching a townie.

If you don't think logoutzero is a listener, why do you think then he gave us his listener post of "thefrankling will..."?

Bolding mine. Contradictions I see.

Names don't appear to be important, Logout is claiming Listener, and what does it matter what Franklin's role is?

Then why was there hesitation to do a name claim? *shrugs*

I'm not so sure about lynching a listener...
Again with helping mafia, this time by thinning our numbers... >.>

*moonwalks through all doors at once*

Bolding mine. Contradictions I see.

I've already said I doubt that he is. AT the end of the post I was making a summation that the question at hand is whether he is or isn't and that just looking at his posts it's hard to say. I don't have any definitive proof. In this case I'm forced to fall back upon my gut and just say that something about his posts and the timing of them and tone of them make me think he's not been honest with us.

I'm not so sure about lynching a listener...
Again with helping mafia, this time by thinning our numbers... >.>

Why are you convinced that he actually is a listener and that we should believe his claim?

If you believe his claim, what do we do with the information he has given us? What conclusions do you come to from the quote he gave us, if you believe he's a listener and that was an actual post made by a mafia member?

I don't know enough of the game setup to speculate on the motives of scum.

I'm going to call cop out here. I think you could give us several reasonable explanations for either way here.

I'm going to call cop out here. I think you could give us several reasonable explanations for either way here.

True, I probably could, and every single one of them could be used by Moar to justify why she thinks I'm scum for going after someone she's been trying to hard to defend. It's merely idle speculation and not conducive to scum hunting, therefore I'm not willing to dance to her tune.

True, I probably could, and every single one of them could be used by Moar to justify why she thinks I'm scum for going after someone she's been trying to hard to defend. It's merely idle speculation and not conducive to scum hunting, therefore I'm not willing to dance to her tune.

You were not at all on my scum list before that post. I think you are trying to fabricate an excuse here for not having to explain your reasoning.

Oh, and I am not defending anyone. Logoutzero is #1 on my scum list. I just want thefranklin lynched first as I think he's anti-town, most likely SK.

Unvote: Thefranklin
Vote: logoutzero

You've repeatedly dropped my name without any reason or case to do so. Is it because I pointed out the problems with your claim and put you on the spot? In any case, your posts are absolutely dripping in scumminess.

---------------------

To the rest of the town: Apologies for revealing that we have individual QTs. I don't believe the mafia have an individual QT and I've inadvertently given them something to use for camouflage.

As far as the listener issue goes, I am at this point doubting logoutzero pretty heavily, for many reasons. If there were a listener; however, it would not be useful to speculate on whether the mafia are obfuscating their thread in anticipation of a listener or not. The first time I was mafia we obfuscated the thread until the mod got irritated about it and told us there wasn't a listener. The second time we freely used one another's names without worry. If you go back through previous games and look at mafia QT threads, there's not really any "standard" approach. Each mafia team approaches things differently.

It's very possible that a listener could have gotten a post where one mafia was referring to what another member was going to do, by name. The actual post logoutzero has given us just seems so outlandish to take at face value as a serious post.

My gut has been telling me something is wrong with this basically since the moment the listener claim was made. I think one of two things has happened here:

1.) Logoutzero is actually town listener, despite the massive scumminess of his posts, and got that post but it's obviously not a serious post.

2.) Logoutzero is a mafia and this is either a play to get him "confirmed" town or a play to take out thefranklin ... which Logoutzero might even talk his way out of considering how bizzare a "post" he was given.

In any case, too much scumminess in Logoutzero's posts today. Taken with yesterday's reasons to vote for him, I feel like he's our best target at the moment.

I personally would still like to test thefrank, I really don't see why mafia would make a post like that.

Now, can anyone explain the benefit of lynching logoutzero before thefranklin to me?

I am a bit puzzled by the votes on logout as well. Just because a listener being revealed is now useless we want to lynch him BECAUSE of this? Some of the votes have been of this nature which is bizarre. If you believe logout to be the listener you'd be voting for franklin because he has a chance to be anti-town does he not?

I agree with both these posts. I just don't see the reason to lynch someone who has come out with information that might lead to scum.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High