Something I have discovered about Werewolf Fury that I don't think anyone else knows.

cocomunga

Sep 10, 2012
I have played my Werewolf on Battle.net for a long time. Recently I tried out some different gear for fun, and boy was there a surprise. My seemingly "max 4 frame attack speed" actually goes a LOT faster when I set myself up exactly how I am.

Level 42 Werewolf

Level 44 Feral Rage

118% faster run walk combined with charms and gear. Note if I remove a + skill, or a single 3% run charm, my attack speed reverts back to the regular 4 frame attack speed. I use an Ethereal Tomb Reaver with 90% IAS by the way. The difference is astounding. I swear this is something that no attack speed calculator understands. Run speed and the Werewolf Skill do something unknown when boosted to this level. I also should add that I attack even faster if I use Feral Rage and hit the enemy about 25 times. After 25 feral rage hits, fury becomes even faster. I would love for someone else to test this. At level 44, Feral Rage gets a 25th charge, I believe the little bit of extra run speed gained in this charge has something to do with fury becoming faster, and why faster run speed increases my attack speed further in general.

Other things worth mentioning are my dexterity is 208.

Does anyone have any idea what exactly causes my already maximum attack speed to become even faster? You may think- oh only weapon speed matters as long as Werewolf is a decent level, but you must see it for yourself before you think it is wrong. I have played my druid to level 97, and I know when there is a difference. He kills faster when I make his skill level of Werewolf at 42, and Feral Rage at level 44 with a +3 Shapeshift skills Amulet than if I use a Highlords Wrath. That is all the proof I need that I have uncovered a strange bug. At this speed I am 100% certain he hits faster than 4 frames.

Last edited:
Re: Something I have discovered about Werewolf Fury that I don't think anyone else kn

I've never heard of this. But I do have a Fury druid and I do have those items. I'll mess with his gear this weekend and see what I find. Haven't played him in a while anyway.

Re: Something I have discovered about Werewolf Fury that I don't think anyone else kn

Did you get around to trying it? Sometimes it seems that starting off with a feral rage when ever you move from your last fury position causes a speed increase as well. The main thing I'm talking about is my attacks are almost invisible when I hit the "bugged speed".

Well, I played around with faster run/walk, and it was fun to see the werewolf move around so quickly, but the attack speed didn't appear to be any higher. Have you narrowed this down to any specific components, other than the faster run/walk? Does it only work with Tomb Reaver? Does it only work with the exact levels of Werewolf and Feral Rage you're using, or do higher or lower skill levels work?

Well, I played around with faster run/walk, and it was fun to see the werewolf move around so quickly, but the attack speed didn't appear to be any higher. Have you narrowed this down to any specific components, other than the faster run/walk? Does it only work with Tomb Reaver? Does it only work with the exact levels of Werewolf and Feral Rage you're using, or do higher or lower skill levels work?

I achieved that high level of feral rage with a perfect Cerberus, and 8 shapeshift grand charms. 2 of mine have 7 faster run walk. Before every mob I use feral rage once quickly, and seemingly before the attack ends I am able to use fury. Hitting the enemy around 25 times with feral rage( try more ) is what seems to increase my attack speed. Today when I have time I will pay attention to how many feral hits it takes to become twitchy. Still even then the 1 hit of feral before a fury seems to help. I am 100% certain something happens. I know when I am in "super wolf" when I am running diagnol and I look very twitchy. It is similar to when barbs to use frenzy. Try having my exact run speed, and the skill levels I had. I switch to spirit and CTA before I transform. Maybe I'll get around to making a video showcasing the difference.

It makes no sense that I kill faster without a Highlords. I was thinking it was attack rating ,but even without Cerberus or a Shapeshift amulet my chance to hit anything but hell Baal and Diablo is 95%, and even without 95% I still can pull off the bugged attack against them,It may just be number of feral rage hits. On new ladder I am playing a wolf, and I noticed after many many hits my attacks become faster. Try going on a rampage and using feral rage before every mob. It may be a very high number of hits required.

Level 44 Feral Rage

118% faster run walk combined with charms and gear.

Is this 118 Faster Run/Walk from all items combined, or are you including Feral Rage's +% Walk/Run Speed? Item FR/W cannot be added to skill +% Walk/Run Speed directly; it's converted to +% Walk/Run Speed using a diminishing returns formula (for example, 118 FR/W from items is only +66% Walk/Run Speed).

Body armour and shield can also apply penalties to Walk/Run Speed: there's none for light, -5% for medium and -10% for heavy. What body armour are you wearing?

Assuming your 90 Increased Attack Speed is on Tomb Reaver itself, are you equipping any other IAS (aside from Highlord's Wrath 20 IAS when you swap Amulets)?

Finally, are you experiencing this on the realms or in Single Player games?

Is this 118 Faster Run/Walk from all items combined, or are you including Feral Rage's +% Walk/Run Speed? Item FR/W cannot be added to skill +% Walk/Run Speed directly; it's converted to +% Walk/Run Speed using a diminishing returns formula (for example, 118 FR/W from items is only +66% Walk/Run Speed).

Body armour and shield can also apply penalties to Walk/Run Speed: there's none for light, -5% for medium and -10% for heavy. What body armour are you wearing?

Assuming your 90 Increased Attack Speed is on Tomb Reaver itself, are you equipping any other IAS (aside from Highlord's Wrath 20 IAS when you swap Amulets)?

Finally, are you experiencing this on the realms or in Single Player games?

The 118 run speed is all of my gear's added run speed. My enigma is an Archon Plate. I am playing on USeast Battlenet. When I transform my Werewolf Skill is at level 49 with a CTA and Spirit Monarch. I do not have anything that increases my attack speed. I tested many things today. The conclusion I have come to is that after hitting an enemy many (around 30 or even more) times with level 46 feral rage and actually 125% gear boosted run speed (my bad), and your fury will land on every hit (I believe the speed is calculated before it even hits), the Wolf skips the animation of ending fury and immediately begins a new cycle, and the attack altogether is faster. I noticed building up feral rage hits increases your fury speed even at lower levels, but when all my attacks are calculated to hit, my attacks are literally invisible when my run speed is at its max potential (full feral and charms) Amazonbasin says Feral Rage has 26 charges at level 46, and 25 at level 45. I believe this 26th charge is the key. It works if you begin your attack with a feral rage while it is in its 26th charge and then use Shift Fury, or already be as close as possible to the initial target and you will not need to use shift fury without moving at all from where you used feral rage. It will continue to be that speed until you move from the initial feral hit position. It wont go faster if any of your fury hits will be missed or blocked. The run speed, Feral's bonus and shift furying without moving and the game calculating that fury will not miss with any of the strikes is my best guess on how to perform this after very extensive testing. The Feral hit must not miss either. I don't think I'll ever be 100% certain. I hate how strange this is.

Edit: I forgot to say earlier that while in this bugged state your attacks have a very strange range. I kill things about 6 characters away from me at times. It is awesome, but I really wish I knew for sure why it happens. It's not lag. I should also add that level 49 Werewolf has 78 added speed over 77, I can't tell if it matters. Feral Rage and everything else I said are the most likely factors in my opinion. I swear it is not just me. I killed an enslaved from almost across the screen just moments before I finished typing this and trying to make sure I am not just going based on memories.

Last edited:

I've tried to replicate this in Single Player as follows:

• Level 49 Werewolf
  • Level 46 Feral Rage, fully charged
  • 125 Faster Run/Walk
  • No armour penalty
  • 95% chance to hit
I have been unable to replicate this bug. However, it may only occur in multiplayer.

I've read that high enough FR/W can cause desync online between your character's displayed position and their actual position, which may explain the range issues you describe.

Definitely desyncing if you ask me... especially when i read that onderduiker is not able to replicate it SP

I know one person who will know this but unfortunately he cant post here and he did play on us east

Please make a video cause i find this interesting. In all the years I've played this game and when making my guide for a fury/rabies hybrid I never noticed such a thing.

Looksee you've made even me curious... it would be very interesting to know that we did not figure everything out a decade ago already.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High