Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Imperial units are for teaching children their math skills. The Metric system is for grown-ups, doing grown-up work.

:coffee:

I am delighted to have this opportunity to help :yes:

What I hate is when I buy pants that are the same size as previous pairs but they are ACTUALLY A DIFFERENT FREAKIN SIZE

if you say you are 102cm then be 102cm. STUPID PANTS!

and this is why I don't wear pants.
I think I still have yours actually?
Is that 33 in X 33in? cause if I can get that in metric I'm not giving it back

Why do they only make even inch pant sizes?.

I think I still have yours actually?
Is that 33 in X 33in? cause if I can get that in metric I'm not giving it back

Why do they only make even inch pant sizes?.

they don't they also make them in cm which is a smaller unit of measurement. and thus better. the fact it jumps by 7 is irrelevant

they don't they also make them in cm which is a smaller unit of measurement. and thus better. the fact it jumps by 7 is irrelevant

7 is not related to inches anyways.

33" is 84 cms or there abouts not 102, 102 is close to 40"

My pants are 33/32 they used to be 30/32 then 32/32 and now 33/32 i want our house to be finished so i can go sporting again and go back to 32/32, so much easier to find!

3 feet = about 1 meter but just barely not there, it aint convenient!

Based on the above, yeah, I guess I'm in a rut. Its not really a good rut, its just at this point I'm doing things because I have to and not because I want to, and it not only relates to work (which is normal, at least in the accounting world), but relates to not fun home activities as well. It just isn't really moving anywhere I guess, and I think my wife is in denial about being in the same rut. Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. Lol.

I'm going to skip over all the boring measurement stuff - what is it with men and measuring things? - and go back to Pyro, who is probably wishing he had kept his mouth shut.

I agree with Kegs - you are in the danger zone. Here is proof.

[youtube]RRU3I_o1vLc[/youtube]

It's also entirely possible that you are reaching that point in adult life known as "disillusionment", where you suddenly realize that this is IT and you are unlikely to be an astronaut or write the great American novel etc. In which case I can only say, welcome to the club and pull up a chair. This is why adults drink. Ha! To get over the endless monotony of cooking dinner AGAIN? Seriously? I just did that yesterday!

And for your enjoyment, here is Kristin Chenoweth singing about the difficulty of accepting her fate in life.

[youtube]aVsLMxam21I[/youtube]

Kristin Chenoweth is probably the cutest thing on TV ever. I saw her in Wicked a few years back and she was amazing, best live play I have ever seen.

As for my measuring things, it's not because I'm a man, it's because I'm a scientist!

My hubby has played in the orchestra for Wicked every time it has come here. Of course Kristin doesn't tour - people tour to see her! He played Candide when it was here last year, and it was the toast of the town. I loved the staging for this. During the "Ha ha - ha ha ha ha" the Kunagande was being laced into a corset by her maid, so the "ha HA, ha HA" was when the lacing got really tight. Very funny, and also incredible singing. Kristin is about 4 feet tall too.

Sigh. I can sing this song ... when no one is listening. :)

EDIT: Whaddaya know ... here's the production my hubby played trombone in.

[youtube]ovYBiecPJsg[/youtube]

Aren't all human males between the age of 16 and 99 in a constant rut?

Why only males? :scratchhead:

I have a love/hate relationship with orbital theory. My chem students are always asking questions about bonding, I just usually say that this area is beyond the scope of a certificate course. If they persist I tell them to google orbital hybridisation, that usually shuts them up.

1) Better to have your students ask about bonding, rather than bondage.
2) It's a miracle your students are still awake at this point considering the subject.

"Officially" being the key word. Behind the scenes they're just eye balling things, busting out the duct tape.

They hired McGyver?

Midterm down *****es! Went well too!

Now i get to wait on someone who is supposed to be in his office but had decided not to show. 1 hour a week hes supposed to be here and hes not. Ugh.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Congrats!

No class again makes me happy. Next week we talk about ethics....:coffee:

*serves celebratory Dew

Noon Bar.

I wanted to marry McGyver when I was younger, like 25 years ago. He'd come in handy I thought!

We've had accountants at our office this week. You sure you want to really become an arrogant guy wearing a black suit who is ignoring anybody except his colleagues and the resident accountants?

*wine please*

*cuddles all non-accountants*

Yes, I had a rather unpleaseant run-in with one of them this week. And there I mean run-in. Apparently they do not respect other people going for some water.... Yes, I am still angry. Don't know which of them it was though. They all look alike in their dresses.

I just got a 42" TV that is bigger than my room. Spent a lively evening playing Furniture Tetris and then just watched A Few Good Men (again) on my biggish screen.
Today was hot and dry and dusty. Reminded me of yesterday ... and the day before that ... and quite possibly the day before that, too :nod:

No fire alarms/fire trucks for 72 hours now, maybe the worst is over! :yes:

We're not all that impolite. In public accounting we actually have to have manners and build relationships with people.

*serves Dew

Not sure I trust you yet. And you didn't serve wine!.

*Gets wine from EU fridge*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High