Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

The only thing you don't know is the exact mechanic of how I get injured or how many injuries I can have before dying. Why does a townie need to know these things? How does knowing how to make me die faster help the town at all?

Because I can't possibly fathom how you get injured nor the reason why you get injured. I have not asked once nor will I ask how many times it takes for you to die.

Another observation (and this is very minor even I will admit, but I have seen it and want to voice it) you have become very reactionary in your posting style this day phase. Might be nothing, but just wanted to vocalize it.

And before you even come out and possibly fake it, I can't and won't believe that TC made a doc who needs to heal himself. And I don't even care if this is giving you a story for why you are injured, there is no way that is a role.

What in the world gave you the impression that I'm the doctor? I never said any such thing, and actually said the opposite.

Because I can't possibly fathom how you get injured nor the reason why you get injured. I have not asked once nor will I ask how many times it takes for you to die.

That didn't answer my question. Why do you need to know how I get injured? That information doesn't help town at all. So why are you interested in it?

This back and forth between BA and CG is kind of interesting. I was more on CG's side at the beginning of the day, but I feel more and more that CG is playing some sort of game ....

Also @Moar: On the Name thing, not sure we can read too much into it, Pharphis was a "good guy" in the series

I am going to vote for CG for the time being, may change my mind as I am not convinced. @CG: Can you just provide a concise summary of what you were trying to accomplish this and last day phase?

Vote: CG

I could see a town power role getting themselves injured as a cost for whatever they're doing. I could also see a scum power role having a deteriorating condition. Zombies rot, after all. And no offense or implication that the name is for sure a lie, but there's a LOT of characters on that wiki. Giving the name of a good guy doesn't clear anybody at this point, especially since flips are including names and thus it's likely the scum team(s) have names to choose from for fake claims now.

There's no downside to actually claiming and revealing the role at this point. CG claims the doctor saved him last night, so he almost certainly can't be saved tonight. In this case the scum team will get his flip and role but the town won't. It's actually counter-productive to keep the info from the town since the scum are likely to get it.

Unless he's scum. I hoped to come back and see that CG had actually executed some brilliant play since he claimed his play was designed to trip up scum, but all I see is him withholding information on the premise that it would hurt town to reveal it when logic dictates that since he was targeted last night and in almost every game the doc cannot save the same person on consecutive nights, he is most likely going to die tonight. What town power role wants to keep the town in the dark whilest informing scum?

Is there a lore relation to Siler and injuries/deterioration? CG's vague remarks makes me feel extremely uneasy, but if he's claiming Siler and no one is counter claiming then I'm not sure how good of a lynch he'd be. If he is Siler, assuming that Siler is a town role, then the only way he could be scum is if he was infected by a zombie. Not sure if this line of thinking is logical.

Either Numbers or CG would be a good lynch today. I'm still really waiting for BPC's response to see if we have anymore relevant information we can use.

I meant to add - I don't really have anyone else on my scum radar. BA, you believe kestegs would be a better lynch than Numbers?

Vote tally Day 3 (7/8):
flubbucket - 1 (IWantToUseNumbersInMyName)
Caluin Graye 4 (Bad Ash, CoolguyBad, Drixx, Jcakes)
AnnualAntAnswers 1 (Caluin Graye)

I don't see CG as a good lynch today. If noodle somehow returns, and proves that CG referring to him was a scum slip, and not just a somewhat reasonable mistake(I wasn't certain myself if noodle was dead until the list of players alive showed that he wasn't one of them), then lynching him is completely reasonable, otherwise I feel he's quite townie.

On a slightly related note: taking into account the story relevant information, and CG's claim of daily injuries(which he references in posts #157 and #353), it seems that the "positive effect" of the doctor save on cg last night was removal of his injuries, in addition to normal doctor protection(note that him telling the truth about his injuries doesn't really give evidence towards him being town or scum). With that in mind, it seems likely to me that there was only a single attempted kill last night, which was prevented by korial with the android save.

BPC's silence today is notable and extremely worrisome, especially when combined with his extreme longevity as our cop. Hearing his results for the last two investigations would be very helpful.

Coolguybad: Why am I a good lynch today?

You're right numbers. What's really worrisome is that BPC has posted elsewhere. I know I'm going to get scum points for pointing it out because one time I noted that CG had been on but not posting and people jumped all over for me and we decided as a group that "profile scumming" was a bad play. In that case, it was what tipped me off that CG was scum (and he was).

In this case, I'm not trying to use it against BPC so I hope the game will forgive me for pointing out that BPC has posted this day phase ... just not to the game thread. If I may, I would like to quote the relevant bit of the story from the open of the day, which TC has said gives us some clue to what went on last night:

“Well, not good news, but better than previously. Siler got pretty injured, but the doc patched him up, and he is back in action today. We did have one death, but Halan managed to make an android of him, so he is still around.”[/I]

Now, CG claims the first part doesn't refer to him getting pretty injured last night and claims that the injuries have been piling up over time, so it's hard to know for sure if he was actually targeted (and saved) by the doc last night, especially since there is reference to "one death" and someone named "Halan" managing to make an android of said person.

I would speculate, because that's all I can do at the moment, that BPC was that death and perhaps the process of being made an android includes some downsides. Perhaps it takes time to "boot up" or something? BPC is clearly around and I have to think would be involved in this discussion if he could be, which leads me to believe it's a game mechanic thing.

If I'm wrong, we're kinda running out of time BPC and it would be helpful for you to post if you can.

I also feel like we could learn something from kestegs by CG's flip. I personally think destroying the stick should earn 0 town points. There are pros and cons to both sides.

In fact I would be willing to bet kestegs destroying the stick is more likely to be scum than town. He doesn't want to make a connection with anyone this late in the game. On top of that, most of this group seems to think there are two mafia groups. What are the odds of him giving it to the other group vs town? Why would he risk that?

That and a strong defense of CG and I'd be willing to see either of them go.

I am actually leaning more towards unvoting CG and voting kestegs because of the voting stick, but CG isn't forthcoming enough with his "I get injured all the time so get over it" attitude towards the game. Call it fishing if you want, I call it give me a reason to unvote cause everytime I want to I have an "eehhhhh" moment where I can't justify removing it as much as I can keeping it.

I agree that destroying the stick shouldn't grant me any town points. I destroyed it because it needed to be done.

I also don't consider this to be late in the game. Especially if we likely have 2 scum factions. The stick is only useful late game, so there's no reason to let it get to there.

Where did I strongly defend CG?

I could see a town power role getting themselves injured as a cost for whatever they're doing. I could also see a scum power role having a deteriorating condition. Zombies rot, after all. And no offense or implication that the name is for sure a lie, but there's a LOT of characters on that wiki. Giving the name of a good guy doesn't clear anybody at this point, especially since flips are including names and thus it's likely the scum team(s) have names to choose from for fake claims now.

There's no downside to actually claiming and revealing the role at this point. CG claims the doctor saved him last night, so he almost certainly can't be saved tonight. In this case the scum team will get his flip and role but the town won't. It's actually counter-productive to keep the info from the town since the scum are likely to get it.

Unless he's scum. I hoped to come back and see that CG had actually executed some brilliant play since he claimed his play was designed to trip up scum, but all I see is him withholding information on the premise that it would hurt town to reveal it when logic dictates that since he was targeted last night and in almost every game the doc cannot save the same person on consecutive nights, he is most likely going to die tonight. What town power role wants to keep the town in the dark whilest informing scum?

Why would scum even target CG at all?

Why do you feel so sure he'll die tonight?

I agree that destroying the stick shouldn't grant me any town points. I destroyed it because it needed to be done.

I also don't consider this to be late in the game. Especially if we likely have 2 scum factions. The stick is only useful late game, so there's no reason to let it get to there.

Where did I strongly defend CG?

I disagree somewhat that the stick is only useful late. What I do agree with is that it is potentially disastrous late and as BPC has opted to protect townies he investigates instead of revealing them, so if you had nobody you felt confidant was a town player, I think you did the right thing. If it had come to me today I would have had to think really hard about passing it on. With the possibility that last night could have had 4 deaths (if CG's prediction had been true and numbers had shot someone on top of that, assuming Numbers' claim is true), I think you did the only sane thing.

As for the townie points, you're right that the destruction itself probably should have been worth less than I initially was giving you, but coming out and pointing out that it shouldn't be worth anything to add to your read sort of reinforces the original read I got from the action itself. At this point I would be squarely shocked to see you flip scum.

I'd be willing to vote for CG, numbers, and a few others.

I'm growing extremely uneasy about bpc. I can understand waiting a bit to give results, and I think that's a town move, but this is too much. I'm struggling to find a good town reason for not being active in today's conversation.

Why would scum even target CG at all?

Why do you feel so sure he'll die tonight?

Well, I assumed from the early talk that there were two attempted deaths last night and that there was a doc save and some other effect. If the "Halan" (Harlan?) mentioned in the story is korialstraz and the androidification was what was hinted at yesterday, then it stands to reason that CG was doc saved last night. A doc save generally implies a night kill foiled, and thus I was operating on the assumption that CG got targeted last night and since a doc usually cannot save the same person twice, it seemed reasonable that the responsible party would simply finish the job tonight.

All of that becomes muddied if he wasn't actually targeted for a kill last night. Even so, he's hard claiming a town power role and admitted that he wanted to get targeted to be killed last night, so it stands to reason that he's likely to die, and thus my question: is it a town move to be a power role and let only the scum see your flip?

I can think of a few infrequent roles where this might be the right move, but if he's town, the scum can think of those few roles too.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High