Warhammer 40K Mafia Game Thread

oh loook the liurkers are awhake this should be worth wathing.

crap I reallly hsouln't be posoiting now.

No! If that could happen, then what would be next? Pants marrying shirts? Hairstyles moving in with dance moves? Cats and dogs getting along? It's all a very slick, downhill slope!

Sounds perfect for setting up a slip-and slide. Best way to beat the heat.

If I had a town PR where I could discern your alignment based solely on your name (sounds crazy right? Your ideas, not mine) would you really think I would reveal my PR to everyone and allow you lot to simply give false names? Same scenario if I were mafia.

Our names probably mean nothing, but I think I noticed something that can only be further explored with more names. Which will come anyway with kills and lynches. Regardless it go us talking and it led me to believe there's scum in BA/Phil/Pharphis.

Besides, I remember asking about people's race in the Stargate game and despite people telling me it wouldn't matter one mafia didn't dare to claim and got caught out.

Some of us have lives, work, and other Mafia games to attend to.

you know ime in thetehetetereehree games ath tih thi ath ath ath tia right now and i dont want eo to heare your wehining. so suck it up there aussie bouy. hey you know what its freiday foe me. woo howwoo.

By the by, why would the host reveal names on night kills if they were in any way significant?
By the by, why would host reveal names on night kills if they were not in any way significant?
See what I did there? (it's bolded)
If I had a town PR where I could discern your alignment based solely on your name (sounds crazy right? Your ideas, not mine) would you really think I would reveal my PR to everyone and allow you lot to simply give false names? Same scenario if I were mafia.

Our names probably mean nothing, but I think I noticed something that can only be further explored with more names. Which will come anyway with kills and lynches. Regardless it go us talking and it led me to believe there's scum in BA/Phil/Pharphis.

Besides, I remember asking about people's race in the Stargate game and despite people telling me it wouldn't matter one mafia didn't dare to claim and got caught out.
So who is most suspicious of the 3 of us and who is the least? You sound like you don't want to choose sides, here.

@Drixx,
I didn't twist your words, no matter how many times you say it. I said how I interpreted your words.

@Gwaihir,
Not trying to throw doubt on a cop if there is one, just saying how I interpreted Drixx's post and I find him very suspicious and have since that post.
I agree about phil's play so far. He's playing like last time, but I don't remember his play as a townie. i'm pretty sure he was more aggressive int he dark tower game (attacked kegs for an entire day or 2)

Unless you were mafia and you knew, from your mafia investigator, that town power roles are not named 'guardsman xxx' the way we've been getting info on the day changes. Then you would want names as an easy way to identify vanilla vs town PRs.

I think that's your goal -- to identify town PRs. It doesn't seem like you gain anything otherwise.

I disagree that the names are meaningless because of my above point. Why do you believe that those three are scum? Because they refused to give you their names?
[/quote]

By the by, why would the host reveal names on night kills if they were in any way significant?
Why wouldn't they?

Wait a second. Do we have any confirmation that kegs, gory or jcakes were vanilla? They were never directly called vanilla.

Chances are most or all of them are vanilla but we can't know that. Whoever were the first few to say this need to be looked at further, imo, but I don't have time atm to go back and see who did.

@Drixx,
I didn't twist your words, no matter how many times you say it. I said how I interpreted your words.

@Gwaihir,
Not trying to throw doubt on a cop if there is one, just saying how I interpreted Drixx's post and I find him very suspicious and have since that post.
I agree about phil's play so far. He's playing like last time, but I don't remember his play as a townie. i'm pretty sure he was more aggressive int he dark tower game (attacked kegs for an entire day or 2)

Who determines the meaning of the written word ... the author or the reader? You bolded part of what I said, out of context, and that was the only possible way it could be viewed as me trying to tell investigative roles what to do. The entire context is that in my experience Sathoris is very difficult to read and often it takes either his death or some investigative info before I'm sure of his role. That is true of my personal experience, but may not be for all of you, and certainly authorial intent wasn't there to tell other people what they ought to do.

If I said that completely divorced from any context, I would understand your /interpretation/ ... but within the context of what I was saying, you had to really go digging to make that into me telling investigative roles what to do. I said it yesterday and I'll say it once more: my cop play is probably all anyone needs to look at to realize I'm not the person to look to for advice on investigating.

I think there have been way more overtly scummy things in this game, including our pal Phillinnicus who was just sort of skating along until Sathoris pointed it out and then pulled off the most scummy looking series of posts I can recall from him. I'm still not sure how we didn't lynch him yesterday.

Then we've got Sathoris who at first seemed like he had some super reason to be asking for names but it turns out he has a theory that maybe will mean something and maybe is nothing, and he had us chasing our tails on that for the better part of two day phases. Totally unapologetic about it, and I even offered to swap names in the thread with him and I don't see him taking me up on it.

But you're stuck on me saying that I have a hard time reading sathoris without some outside confirmation of his alignment? Is anyone surprised? Look at my cop investigations last couple times I was cop man ... I was so far off the mark it isn't even funny. My scumdar needs a tremendous amount of work. Course ... that's why I keep playing. You can teach an old dog new tricks ... it just takes awhile.

Wait a second. Do we have any confirmation that kegs, gory or jcakes were vanilla? They were never directly called vanilla.

Chances are most or all of them are vanilla but we can't know that. Whoever were the first few to say this need to be looked at further, imo, but I don't have time atm to go back and see who did.

It's probably me. I'm guessing that Guardsman xxx are not mafia, which seems safe. I'm also saying that Guardsman xxx may not be the naming convention for town power roles, and my belief is that it is not.

Drixx: I didn't do the best job of reading yesterday's posts by Phil. Can you give us a snapshot of his posts and why they were scummy?

I don't believe there was any information at all about their role or even alignment. They were all simply "Guardsman <name>" in the reveals. That could mean they are vanilla I suppose. Anyone who has a different title could enlighten us, but that's probably not the greatest idea ever.

Drixx: I didn't do the best job of reading yesterday's posts by Phil. Can you give us a snapshot of his posts and why they were scummy?

His first two posts were basically the same comment repeated. First post he commented on not reading twilight, made a rhyme and then commented on his rhyme. It seemed like a very safe "get a chuckle, get people nodding and agreeing that twilight isn't useful info" kind of post. I thought the rhyme thing was a little strange when I first read it but I had forgotten about it until Sathoris fingered him honestly. The second post Phil made was basically the same thing, but without any rhyme or humor attempt.

Once Sathoris asked him to share his name he responded with an OMGUS vote, but then said in the post he didn't think Sathoris was town. After being called on this seeming contradiction, he continued to push hard on the trying to get votes on Sathoris train and never addressed why he voted for someone he claimed not to think was scum.

That basically sums it up.

Sample PM's on the first page confirm guardsman is a title we all have, including mafia. The name is the only variable hence my interest in them. Brownie points to Pharphis for raising the issue.

Unvote: Pharphis
Vote: Phil

Still scummy and shouldve gone yesterday. Would still like your name, and seeing as you were willing to claim 30 minutes before day's end to save yourself from a lynch, why not just claim your name if you think it means nothing?

Sample PM's on the first page confirm guardsman is a title we all have, including mafia. The name is the only variable hence my interest in them. Brownie points to Pharphis for raising the issue.

Unvote: Pharphis
Vote: Phil

Still scummy and shouldve gone yesterday. Would still like your name, and seeing as you were willing to claim 30 minutes before day's end to save yourself from a lynch, why not just claim your name if you think it means nothing?

At this point, we've also seen a sargeant and commissar in the story. I do not think town power roles / all town power roles will be under the umbrella of 'guardsman xxx'.

You're right though; I missed the mafia sample PM when I was reading the first post because I didn't expect it to be stuck under win conditions.

It's not that I think anyone will have a different title than Guardsman, but to be very accurate the sample PMs in the win condition area of the game info both show Vanilla sample PMs. It's quite possible that power rules have some different designation, and I don't think CG would be obligated or feel obligated to tell us that or even hint at it. It would be something we would find out in the course of the game if it is so.

I think probably it's very likely we all have the same title, but just saying that we may not want to make that a firm 100% assumption because we don't have quite enough info to move it from "highly probable" to "fact" I don't think. Let me know if I'm overthinking here.

It's not that I think anyone will have a different title than Guardsman, but to be very accurate the sample PMs in the win condition area of the game info both show Vanilla sample PMs. It's quite possible that power rules have some different designation, and I don't think CG would be obligated or feel obligated to tell us that or even hint at it. It would be something we would find out in the course of the game if it is so.

I think probably it's very likely we all have the same title, but just saying that we may not want to make that a firm 100% assumption because we don't have quite enough info to move it from "highly probable" to "fact" I don't think. Let me know if I'm overthinking here.

I'll be a little more explicit:
This is false. It's pretty apparent from my posts... All town power roles are not named 'Guardsman xxx'. I will neither role claim nor give you my name at this time.

This is why I am very highly suspicious of Sathoris' attempts to get name claims.

I'll be a little more explicit:
This is false. It's pretty apparent from my posts... All town power roles are not named 'Guardsman xxx'. I will neither role claim nor give you my name at this time.

This is why I am very highly suspicious of Sathoris' attempts to get name claims.

So, to quote myself, I'd like to hear an actual justification of Sathoris' attempt to get name claims. Not, 'oh, mafia was dumb once and didn't claim something everyone knew was meaningless'.

He is absolutely my #1 for potential scum right now.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High