Warhammer 40K Mafia Game Thread

The report says you broke ranks. Is this when it happened?

With all due respect, sir, when the horde descended there were no more ranks to break from.

-----------

The monster we killed was only the small vanguard of the storm of ravening beasts that swept across us. More of the bounding, flame creatures sprayed napalm across the walls, and pink, howling daemons the size of small children taunted us in a foreign dialect.

The Mud Grunts routed. The walls of flame sent us scattering down different hallways, and the little daemons chased us further into the depths of the bunker. I saw Praetus ahead of me, crouched on the floor with his face buried in his hands. As I ran for my life, I grabbed his arm and yanked him to his feet. Something felt wet and slimy, but I didn't dare take the time to see what it was. Praetus followed drunkenly, but kept up.

Ahead, one of those little pink daemons came around a corner and spotted us. I leveled my lasgun one handed and shot it square in what can only pass for its face, and the damnedest thing happened. As it died, a popping sound rattled in the corridor and two smaller, more vicious looking daemons took the place of the one I killed. These were blue, though, and sped towards Quintas and me with a speed that the larger pink version could never have attained.

I threw us to the side as they leaped towards us, and crashed through the door to an infirmary. I managed to get the door shut behind us, and locked it tight. The blue daemons outside clawed at the plas-steel and gibbered at us. Emperor be praised, they weren't able to get to us though.

We weren't the first person here though. Mallear was slumped in the corner, glassy eyes staring at us from the void. His hands clutched at a lasgun wound in his gut. It wasn't daemons that killed Mallear. It was one of us.

I turned away from Mallear and looked at Praetus. He was dead, his face completely clawed away. I cannot explain how he managed to stand, or stayed with me as I ran, or how his empty eye sockets followed my moves as I backed up. His hand gripped at my arm, preventing me from pulling away.

Abomination. I blew his head clean off his shoulders, and did not mourn his loss.

------------

Jcakes has died! He was Guardsman Praetus.

kestegs has died! He was Guardsman Mallear.

-----------

Day two has begun. With 15 alive, it is eight votes to lynch and lock. Day will end in 48 hours, Wednesday the 4th at 5:00pm EST.

Well that's surprising. I still feel like Phar and Phil are connected in some way.
Why is that?
I don't remember you stating this before. Did you?

Also, sorry for not swapping votes at day end. I managed to forget about the game because I was playing PoE iirc.

In light of the recent name reveals, why would you be opposed to name claiming? Multiple sources for names make it impossible for a 'high profile name' to reveal any townie PR. Calling out BA and Phil to name claim.

Vote: Bad Ash

Why is that?
I don't remember you stating this before. Did you?

Also, sorry for not swapping votes at day end. I managed to forget about the game because I was playing PoE iirc.

Because your push for a drixx lynch seemed like you were trying to steer votes away from Phil. If there are two mafia groups though I could see drixx being scum too.

In light of the recent name reveals, why would you be opposed to name claiming? Multiple sources for names make it impossible for a 'high profile name' to reveal any townie PR. Calling out BA and Phil to name claim.

Because you are still beating the same drum as yesterday to avoid looking scummy? People claimed you as town after two posts just like this, why would you stop if you were mafia or town? Mainly, I am withholding it at this point out of spite and the fact that I really dislike catering to demanding people in these games who I don't trust.

Now if you want to establish a reason you are asking for my specific name, that might get you somewhere, but you seem disinterested in doing so.

Not the same drum, I'm just curious as to why you're withholding. If I'm placing no value into my name by revealing it if you do, why do you place so much value into yours? Spite isn't a very desirable trait in these circumstances.

I'm not entirely sure why you're claiming this. I suspect the town power roles are not named Guardsman xxxx. It's possible, but not guaranteed.

(bold emphasis added). Sorry about my activity at the end of the last day; labor day weekend.

Not the same drum, I'm just curious as to why you're withholding. If I'm placing no value into my name by revealing it if you do, why do you place so much value into yours? Spite isn't a very desirable trait in these circumstances.

Because I see no value in revealing it and since you're so interested in it I think you would have a reason for it. I don't think you do. Why would I tell you something if there is absolutely no reason to? I think you are looking for more information to be revealed with a name claim, possibly whether or not someone is vanilla as well?

I'm basically going to withhold my name at this point for the entire game because it's pointless. If that's basis enough for a group of people to lynch me, go for it, but there are much bigger fish to fry, I.E. scum.

I'm basically going to withhold my name at this point for the entire game because it's pointless. If that's basis enough for a group of people to lynch me, go for it, but there are much bigger fish to fry, I.E. scum.

Yes you're right. Lead the way.

So two kills last night. Two mafia factions or Mafia and SK? What do the cult people think about this?

I have to agree with BA. I still don't see the point in revealing my name at this point. For now, I don't think a name reveal is in town's favour, and will be withholding my name until further information surfaces as to why I would do so anyway.

I have to agree with BA. I still don't see the point in revealing my name at this point. For now, I don't think a name reveal is in town's favour, and will be withholding my name until further information surfaces as to why I would do so anyway.

Whats your opinion on Pharphis and Drixx?

Yes you're right. Lead the way.

So two kills last night. Two mafia factions or Mafia and SK? What do the cult people think about this?

Well like previously mentioned I think Phil and Phar could be connected and Drixx and someone else I'll need to go back and look. I feel like they seemed to be acting in a way two seperate mafia factions would.

Could also be one mafia group that had a bonus kill as well.

How do you know its pointless though? I don't think it is.

Then explain why instead of just saying so over and over. Walk the walk sorta thing.

Wowsa, a mafia group with a bonus kill? That's specific. What made you think of that?

I prefer to talk the talk.
I didn't see that as a big jump. how many games have we had now where a second NK was due to a bonus kill from the mafia?

Anyway, you're providing no reasoning for name reveals so I don't care for them to reveal, either.

Maybe I missed it.. but why BA, and why phil? Randoms or is there even more you're not telling us?

How do you know its pointless though? I don't think it is.

I don't know for certain it's pointless. I just feel strongly against revealing my name when I still see nothing in it for a town. And repeat ad nauseam.

Whats your opinion on Pharphis and Drixx?

I haven't really formed an opinion on either. Drixx seems to be very active and posting quite a lot which would lead me to believe he's a town role, but I'm not entirely sure on it. pharphis could go either way, none of his posts have stuck out to me though.

I get this feeling you knew names would be revealed on death yesterday. QT providing information not available to the rest of us?
How would you know this in advance? Were you given fake-claims? How many?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High