Gambling iLvl Question

Kinjal

Aug 22, 2011
I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

The gambling iLvl is Clvl -5/+4

and I'm trying to get a 40mf ring which I believe is the highest possible right?

Using this link (although it's for 1.11, I'm hoping it's still accurate in 1.13. Does anyone have an updated link?) http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/expa...lod&patch=111&item=Ring&ilvl=99&qlvl=1&mlvl=0

In order to get the ring I need to have Affix: Fortuitous (ilvl: 12) Suffix: Fortune (ilvl: 42)

So in order to gamble this ring, the optimal character level would be a lvl 47. Correct?

That way I'm not rolling rings with suffix/affix higher than i42, but I'm guaranteed to have at least a 42 on every gamble.

Yes that is correct.

You must be crazy! Will 10MF above a nagelring really make that much difference? - the odds of getting one are high, getting a perfect one are even worse. And you have no other secondary mods on it.

Yep I know it's crazy. It's not a huge priority, But I'm going to pick up magic rings until I eventually get one. So I plan to gamble them sometime in the future.

I built a holy fire pally to run for chipped gems, so I figured I'd park him at the appropriate level for this.

Regarding your chances, the chance for both affixes at an ilvl of 42 is 1 in 4125. The chance for both being perfect is 1 in 50, so you need an average of 206250 rolls. With 42.5k per ring (Edge runeword and no Gheed's because of level req), that's 8.76 billions of gold.

Besides, L47 is also one of the perfect levels to gamble a soj (which are L44-48). The chance for that to happen is 1 in 62000, i.e. more than 3 times more likely.

Glad I asked then. Didn't think of the odds to getting it perfect. I was only thinking of the odds of rolling both. Also didn't think about not having a Gheeds. I guess I'll stick to rolling skill amulets.

Unless there's another suggestion for spending gold for gambling.

I'm spending all my gold on rings at this point because of a current need for dual leech and fcr rings. I might switch to amulets and coronets later (not circlets).

Don't forget the 3 amulet -> 1 ring recipe.

Pick all blue rings and amulets, keep all failed gamble blue rings. Then not only you can try to get some amulets, but also some rings again.

Don't forget that this brings down the ilvl to .75*clvl. So when 3 amulets -> 1 ring use a ~63 character (?) and when 3 ring -> 1 amulet use a ~71 character.

Just an idea. But best would be entering the Piles of Money tournament and get tons of gold:)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High