Mafia game thread

Oh and btw, if Laarz does flip town, then I'm thinking a reasonable explanation is that pharphis actually blocked somebody else and lied about it. This will pretty much get my vote for tomorrow if Laarz isn't mafia. So, I'll be tracking you tomorrow pharphis!

personally i think that if laarz is town then TF must die, look at the posts he has been making lately.... somebody is trying to stay under the radar.....

personally i think that if laarz is town then TF must die, look at the posts he has been making lately.... somebody is trying to stay under the radar.....

You are? PCM is?

Yesterday we had to choose between you and Moar, today is between Laarz and Phar. How exactly do we make one of those choices? All four of you have equal cause to be scum. I had a hard time deciding between laarz and phar. Phar has been on my scum list for a long time.

Vote tally day 9 (4/5):

Laarz - 5 (Pharphis, Malevolent, Pyrotechnician, thefranklin, Zokar)
Pharphis - 1 (Zokar)

Laarz has been locked. Day will end as scheduled in roughly 25 minutes,

You are? PCM is?

Yesterday we had to choose between you and Moar, today is between Laarz and Phar. How exactly do we make one of those choices? All four of you have equal cause to be scum. I had a hard time deciding between laarz and phar. Phar has been on my scum list for a long time.

Come on franklin, embrace your vote,Own your vote.

“Ok Harry, I trust you.†Norman said. “How do we blow up the spacecraft?â€
“I found some panther explosives while resetting the mini-sub.†Beth finally joined the discussion. “I thought they might come in handy if we ever were to lose it completely and destroy ourselves. So I lined ‘em up around the habitat and near the space craft.†Beth said, filled with guilt. She honestly didn’t think they’d get out of this place alive and if she were to die, it would be fast and painless. She wasn’t going to drown down here alone.
“The mini-sub needs to be reset in an hour so I suggest we leave as soon as possible because I sure as hell…â€

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE. ALL CONSTRUCTION PERSONELL MUST EXIT THE BLAST AREA. PANTHER EXPLOSIVES ARE NOW ACTIVATED. MARK MINUS 20 MINUTES AND COUNTING

“What the…? How did that happen?†Norman asked.
“I’m sorry, I thought about the explosives and I was so happy to be leaving. I must have triggered them in my mind.â€
“Damnit, Beth. Alright let’s go suit up and head over to the mini-sub.†Ted took the initiative and they all left for the airlock. It wasn’t soon after that they were all outside. The sub wasn’t designed for four persons and Norman started to get increasingly worried and blamed himself for not thinking of this any sooner.

At the submarine, Norman climbed up to the hatch entrance, but the untethered sub rolled unpredictably with his weight. Harry, standing on the bottom tried to push Beth up toward Norman, grabbing for her, fell off the sub and slid to the bottom. Norman decided to let Beth in first and then enter himself

ATTENTION, PLEASE. SIX MINUTES AND COUNTING.

“Hurry, Norman! Six minutes!â€
“I heard, damn it Harry.â€
Norman got to his feet, climbed back on the sub, but now his suit was muddy, his gloves slippery. Harry was counting: “Five twenty-nine… five twenty-eight… five twenty-seven.â€
The alarm was now high-pitched, beeping insistently. They had to shout over to be heard.
Finally Norman and Ted joined Beth inside the sub. The whole submarine began to sway as Harry was climbing up the side. Norman heard the hatch slamming shut and moments later, he heard the blast of air as Harry vented the airlock. The submarine hatch clanged and they were all crowded inside, but they all got inside.
“Christ, two minutes forty.†Harry said. “Do you know how to work this thing, Norman?â€
“Yes.â€
Norman sat in the seat, places his hands on the controls when suddenly the sub vanished and they were all standing on the bridge of the spacecraft.
“How did we get back in here?

ATTENTION, PLEASE. TWO MINUTES AND COUNTING.

“We’re back inside the space craft.†Ted said.
“How much time do we have? Let’s get out of here and back to the sub.†Norman ran off towards the elevator to take him down. However the elevator wasn’t there anymore and instead there was another long hallway.
“This was an elevator wasn’t it?†Norman asked.
“Yes, I remember.†Beth said.
“Well come on, let’s find another way!â€
“It’s of no use, Norman,†Harry said. “It’s all in our heads. What’s after that hallway? Another hallway in the illusion of our minds.â€
“No Harry you can’t think that way; then we might as well be dead already.â€
“It’s like I said all along, Norman. We die down here.â€

…

“No, no. You’re going to make it Harry. I’m going to make it. We all are going to make it.†Norman fumbled in his pockets and picked up the last sedative he hoped he didn’t need to use, but which might save their lives now.
“I’m sorry, Harry. Please forgive us.†Norman injected Harry through his suit and instantly the space craft vanished and made way for the mini-sub. Norman pushed the power button and they heard the whine of the props, felt the rumble. The sub lurched, moved off the bottom.
“One minute thirty seconds. How long to the surface?â€
“Two thirty,†Norman said, cranking up the ascend rate. He pushed it past 9.9, to the far end of the dial. They heard a high-pitched shriek of air as the ballast tank blew. The sub moved up sharply, began to rise swiftly.
“Is this as fast as it goes?â€
“Yes.â€
“Jesus.â€
“Take it easy, Beth.â€
Looking back down, they could see the habitat with its lights. And then the long lines of explosives set along the spacecraft itself. They rose past the high fin of the spacecraft, leaving it behind, seeing only black water now.
“One minute twenty.â€
“Nine hundred feet.†Norman said.
“It’s not fast enough.†Beth said. “That’s a hell of a lot of explosives down there.â€
It’s fast enough, Norman thought, correcting her.
“The shock wave will crush us like a can of sardines.†Beth said, shaking her head.
The shock wave will not harm us, Norman thought.
“Forty seconds. We’ll never make it.â€
“We’ll make it.â€
“Ten seconds,†Ted said. “Nine… eight… brace yourselves!â€
The explosion rocked the submarine, spinning it like a toy, upending it, then righting it again, and lifting it in a giant upward surge. But they were still rising, they were okay.
“We did it!†Norman shouted.

Norman awoke to see a brilliant shaft of light, streaming through the single porthole, shining down on the chemical toilet in the corner of the decompression chamber. Harry snored in the bunk above him. Ted and Beth slept in a bunk bed next to him. Faintly, from a distance, he heard men shouting. Norman yawned and looked through the glass of the porthole he saw three guards standing guard outside their chamber door. What are we going to tell them, Norman thought.

“What are we going to tell them?†Beth said. It was several hours later and everyone was awake.
“We should have destroyed those tapes on the surface.†Ted said.
“Perhaps we should have.†Harry said. “But it’s too late now. We can’t prevent the Navy from getting the answers they want.â€
Norman sighed, the Navy will find the Sphere and the power it conveys. That power would represent a kind of ultimate weapon: the ability to overcome your enemies simply by imagining it had happened. It was frightening in its implications, and there was nothing they could do about it. Unless…
“I think we can prevent them from knowing.†Norman said.
“How?†Harry said.
“We still have the power, don’t we?â€
“I guess so.â€
“And that power.†Norman said, “Consists of the ability to make everything happen, simply by thinking it.â€
“Yes…â€
“Then we can prevent the Navy from knowing. We can decide to forget the whole thing.â€
Harry frowned. “That’s an interesting question: whether we have the power to forget the power.â€
“I think we should forget it.†Beth said. “That Sphere is too dangerous.â€
They fell silent, considering the implications of forgetting the Sphere. Because forgetting would not merely prevent the Navy from knowing about the Sphere. It would erase all knowledge of it, including their own. Make it vanish from human consciousness, as if it had never existed in the first place. Remove it from the awareness of the human species, forever.
“Yes.†Harry said. “There’s no question about it. And I think we already have evidence that we will forget about it. That solves the problem about the ships builders not knowing how time travel was done.â€
“What of all the millions of damage of Navy equipment down there? If we forget, how can we explain what happened down there?†Beth said.
“She has a point.†Harry said. “How do we handle all the details? All the loose ends?â€
“I don’t think that’s a problem.†Norman said. “The unconscious has tremendous creative powers, as we’ve seen. The details will be taken care of unconsciously. As for our story. A technical difficulty appeared which caused the scrubbers to fail and the habitat to flood. We survived because we were in the sub, transmitting the tapes.â€
“What about the tapes?†Harry said, “What will they show?â€
“The tapes will confirm our story.†Norman said. “Everything will be consistent with the story, including the navy people who sent us down in the first place.â€
“Let’s do it all together.†Beth suggested. “At the same time.â€
“Okay.†Harry said. “On the count of three.â€
They all closed their eyes.
“One…â€
With his eyes closed, Norman thought, people always forget that they have power, anyway.
“Two…â€
And then Norman focused his mind. With a sudden intensity he saw the Sphere again, shining like a star, perfect and polished, and he thought: I want to forget I ever saw the Sphere.
And in his mind’s eye, the Sphere vanished.

The game has ended. The town has won. Congratulations.

Very enjoyable experience! Thank you all for the game. Thanks Sath for a fun story!

:jig: :jig: :jig:

Well Pryo, I did what i could;)

I thought you played a hell of a game for your first time Zokar:guiness:cheers

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High