Need builds for seven characters

smilts

Aug 4, 2006
So I'm restarting, but dont want to get bored. I figure I'll do a rarely used build for each class. I have Grabble the Druid, Symble the Zon, Tomb the Sin, Steve the Pally, Sloth the Barb, Vein the Sorc, and Critter the Necro. I have set builds for Steve and Sloth. respectively Martyr and Double Throw. But I'm just not really sure what I want to do with the other five. I'm sorta leaning towards Psn dagger for Critter and maybe a Enchantress for Vein. Grabble, Symble and Tomb I have no idea what i might like. I'm open to ideas on all of them however. Especially since Psn Dagger worries me because i'm weak and its so easy to use Nova when things get tough with Psn Dagger lol. If anyone wants to pitch in, then great if. And yes I know the whole play whatever is fun to me thing.

Sounds interesting. I think Ive finished only one Zon.

I had a lot of fun with a hydra sorc - with some decent gear it can be a both powerful and very safe build. I used Orb as back-up.

Zon: I did a poison/lightning one that was also really nice. I imagine you could combine poison with something else too, if you don't want LF to be your main killing skill.

If you have the gear for it a Kodiak druid looks really cool - I'm still waiting for an Azurewrath so I can finish mine. It's basically a hunger wolf that relies on huge leech, really fast attack speed for dishing out elemental dmg, CB and OW. I use Armageddon too.

I had a lot of fun with a hydra sorc - with some decent gear it can be a both powerful and very safe build. I used Orb as back-up.
Ahh, the good ol' Hydra sorc. I used to love playing her on bnet. She kinda works a trapper for the most part, and uses FO to tackle fire immunes which Hell games have an abundance of. Using her on bosses were a little tricky for me personally, since both primary skills are timed.

Is this untwinked?

Anyway, I'd suggest a Poison 'zon with some other skill to finish off monsters in between throwing poison javelins. Anything goes, lightning fury, lightning strike, charged strike, multishot, strafe, freezing arrow, you name it. Pretty engaging character and lots of fun.

+1 for Hydra sorc.

There aren't many Assassin builds that are both viable and underused, but you could try a pure Shadowsin or Dragon Claw Assassin.

The two Im having the hardest time with are Sin and Druid. I have in the past done a hydra sorc there great fun. Its not out though I was just thinking melee so I can go with a really invested ES. Kinda thinking Armageddon Dru?

You could try an Earth Shifter druid, if you have the weapon

Oops sorry its twinked. Ive been hitting hell meph hard for low and mid lvl gear and will farm wherever I need to supply later lvl gear. I dont have a Earth Shifter but I think Ill come up with one. I'd say the Grabble is now set, Earth Shifter Druid it is.. Ive also Decided for sure to do a Melee Sorc with ES and LM. I'm not sure what weapon She will have . So that leaves Symble, Tomb and Critter to decide on. Critter maybe Psn dagger CE build but im still open to ideas for him. Prolly when I decide and start I'll start a Sept progress thread.

Earth shifter is one of the rarest items in the game and cannot be dropped by mephisto. Best way to get it would be from pindleskin, who has a dropchance of 1 in 40.000 with 400 MF, so it is not so easy to farm :)

Instead you could use an (upped) earthshaker. It is basically the same weapon, but then all stats twice lower:

Earth Shifter
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (115-132) To (630-720) (372.5-426 Avg)
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 253
Durability: 60
Base Weapon Speed: [20]
+250-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+50% Damage To Undead
+7 To Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
25% Chance To Cast Level 14 Fissure On Striking
10% Increased Attack Speed
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
10% Faster Cast Rate
Level 14 Volcano (30 charges)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Earthshaker
Battle Hammer
One-Hand Damage: 98 To 162
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 100
Durability: 105
Mace Class – Slow Attack Speed
+180% Enhanced Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
5% Chance To Cast Level 7 Fissure On Striking
+30% Increased Attack Speed
Hit Blinds Target
Knockback
+3 To Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

Urgh... Earthshaker & shifter. They aren't terribly good weapons imo. Both are slow as heck, and if +skills are what you are after, there are plenty others that pack more of a punch and are more versatile (balance ele & melee).

May I suggest a Dru ranger summoner build instead? Either wolves for crowd control or bears in later game as a tank. RWM allows for making Harmony bow, or if you have a nice Kuko bow handy. If items aren't available, perhaps a shockwave werebear build?

Its the guide that got me. The massive damage+ 7 ele skills. Since Armageddon is the only thing castable in whereform it goes together well. As far as rarity its fine I'm in no hurry. Indeed I hadnt thought of it, but Earth Shaker untill such time as I can wear Earth Shifter, is a great alternative. With a plus 2 skills Shield I'm at plus five to elemental skills using the same slots. But the CTC fissure is way lower.

I think I have 2 shifters, so if you're desparate, not self-found and willing to take HC items, send me a pm.

psst, AT is a better source of earth shifters ;)

Symble I recommend a Gunslinger. Built two of these, one moderately geared using Windforce but no Fortitude, another one once I made Fortitude. Very fun builds to quest and run pits but only at lower /p settings.

For Tomb, someone recently was posting quite a bit on a K/T hybrid using Azurewrath (I think) that sounded interesting, but I don't remember who or in what thead (I think it was in the bar??)

Well I'm not stuck on self found and I'm willing to take HC. But I'm not desperate yet. Ill try my best to find one and if I cant thank you. K/T? I like the sound of Gunslinger(read the guide) but sure sounds like a lot of switching. Ive been thinking about Symble, I'm still stuck passive sounds interesting but really slow?

I'm currently running an Assassin with an 'experimental build' that's quite good fun. It's not finished, but the idea is to build up Death sentry as a synergy to lightning sentry and wake of inferno, while using twin claws (or weapon and shield) and a Shadow Master. With a Merc (obviously). The 'goal' is to have 3 or 4 sources of reasonable damage instead of one source of spectacular damage. I'm playing single player on p/1, and she's level 50. I'm about halfway through Act 3 on NM, with very few deaths. It's a far less gear dependent build than I expected so far. I'm not sure it'll handle Hell, but NM is no problem so far.

To clarify, I've got my points in Lightning Sentry, Death Sentry, Wake of Inferno and Shadow Master plus pre-reqs. I've got a handful of points in the various claw skills. I'm using an Act 2 defensive Merc. All self-found gear, with nothing spectacular. She's using a 'Lore' helmet and an 'Ancient's Pledge' shield. And that's it!

Kick/Trap.

Crawlingdeadman has made many gunslingers. I remember reading somewhere his method of running the pits was "Switch to javelin, charge in, throw 3-4 times, switch to bow and shoot anything still moving, check drops, move on". So, not a lot of switching, basically anything that isn't lit immune is going to fry, anything that isn't or was resistant will get gunned down with physical arrows. This works best at lower player setting (he was solo'ing on Bnet, so /p1). Basically instead of switching via hotkeys you're weapon switching. Only need one key on the keyboard and your RMB, unless you want to throw a decoy out.

Of course wow I'm on top of it today. I like the idea of the mix. I think trying to split two trap tree's and melee, might be all over the place a bit to much? I can see one trap tree and kicks. Can DT be good without much in the way of a charge up?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High