Pharphis's 75K /p3 AT run thread - Help needed!

^Wow, that's totally new to me. I've never seen anything about that before. Thanks!

wow berserkers have +3. I never heard of that before! At lvl 95-97, the majority of exp seems to come from uniques(and berzerkers) because of the lvl difference. At lvl 98, they also fall under the 10 lvl penalty and all monsters are interesting for exp again. You could even go back farming lvl 60 monsters and get same lvl penalty :)

wow berserkers have +3. I never heard of that before!
They also give the same XP as unique bosses and their minion (x5), other champions only give x3. IF you only look at efficiency for XP, champions are really bad, esp. possessed (4x normal life, other champions have 2x normal life).

See also here. :)

I died again (while cursed), and I lost count, but I think I died 8 or 9 times, which is about once each 1500 runs. At lvl 96, dieing costs me only about 150 runs, but at lvl 98 this will cost me 3000 runs, so I need to change something. I have great respect for you hardcore runners.
My inventory is allrdy filled with more vita as lucky sc's and I think what I need is damage reduction, Im not sure how to do that. Shako setup will give 10% dr and adding a stormshield or something could nicely give me 45% damagereduction. However since my problem is mostly ith being cursed, flat damage reduction might be more interesting. Arkains valor (I found 2/15 version)with a -req mf jewel is an option and offcourse gerke's sanctuary, or maybe just socketing 2 Sol's in tal's set might be enough. Either way, im pretty sure I will offer some MF at lvl 98 maybe 97 in order for more safety, however first I have to find Death's Fathom to maintain my damage with such setup.

edit: lol, never mind, Im stupid. I should just stop being lazy and make CTA and use it.

flat dr is usually less efficient, except on ES builds (not sure if you´re playing one)

lets assume a monster deals 150 damage and your amped making that 300. 50% dr will make that 225, which is a reduction of 75 damage. getting 75 flat damage reduction takes 3-4 items specifically dedicated to that stat, like gerkes, amu of life everlasting...

if a monster scores a critical hit, has an aura or extra strong this will only be tipped more in favor of %dr

max block is imo the best way to deal with any kind of physical damage on a sorc, using a stormshield the %dr will do the rest

Monsters in ancient tunnels dont deal 150 damage, but more around 75 damage average. So while being cursed i get hit by 150 damage, 115 with 50% dr.

flat damage reduction works before cursed, so with 30 pdr and 0%dr, I would get hit by 90. This is why flat damage reduction would be better in theory.

However, you are right that when I die this is not only cursed, but usually a combination with extra strong/might/fanatism etc.

With might lever 14, they deal 127 average damage. So with 45% dr(shako+stormshield) and being cursed, I would get hit by 197 average.
With 31 pdr (arkains+gerkes) and 10% dr(shako), I would get hit by 183 damage average. So the arkain+gerkes setup is slightly better as the stormshield setup and I would use shako anyway, also with the arkaines setup.
Against extra strong, the stormshield would be better, against fanatism, gerkes would be better and versus extremely evil combinations like might+fanatism+extra strong+cursed, stormshield would be much better. This are offcourse the combinations that cause the most problems and I think you are right that stormshield is much better as gerke's sanctuary overall

When I find Deaths fathom, I will likely switch to 3 part tal set like grisu, to atleast get the 10% dr, on top of that I should just start using CTA like I mentioned above, 50% extra hitpoints will help a lot drinking rejuvs fast enough in problem situations. If I still dont feel safe, I will add stormshield.

Last edited:
After reading this, I went quickly to my stashes, used my new found Ohm (from AT) and my 1.07 War Scepter I had prepared for this moment and made this:

Code:
Call to Arms 
War Scepter 
AmnRalMalIstOhm 
One Hand Damage: 37 - 63 
Durability: 70 of 70 
Required Level: 57 
Required Strength: 55 
Fingerprint: 0x3463e815 
Item Level: 61 
Version: Expansion 
+1 to All Skills 
+40% Increased Attack Speed 
276% Enhanced Damage 
+150% Damage to Undead 
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage 
7% Life stolen per hit 
Prevent Monster Heal 
+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only) 
+3 to Vigor (Paladin Only) 
+6 to Battle Command 
+4 to Battle Orders 
+1 to Battle Cry 
Replenish Life +12 
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 5 Sockets (5 used) 
Socketed: Amn Rune 
Socketed: Ral Rune 
Socketed: Mal Rune 
Socketed: Ist Rune 
Socketed: Ohm Rune 

Amn Rune 
Required Level: 25 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14 Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14  
Ral Rune 
Required Level: 19 
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage Armor: Fire Resist +30% Shields: Fire Resist +35%  
Mal Rune 
Required Level: 49 
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7  
Ist Rune 
Required Level: 51 
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items  
Ohm Rune 
Required Level: 57 
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
+4 could have been better, but well - it's still 50% more life :) Much better now, less often hit recovery for my merc and me and the poison damage isn't bugging me that much anymore.

I run AT at /p5 at the moment, because it only takes 5 seconds longer than /p3 but gives 50% more XP.

EDIT: It's actually 62%, but not all my boni get increased, so my life increases from 1211 to 1832. And the +1 to all Skills from BC is also sweet :nod: and at level 11, it lasts the entire run (115 sec).

Monsters in ancient tunnels dont deal 150 damage, but more around 75 damage average. So while being cursed i get hit by 150 damage, 115 with 50% dr.

flat damage reduction works before cursed, so with 30 pdr and 0%dr, I would get hit by 90. This is why flat damage reduction would be better in theory.

However, you are right that when I die this is not only cursed, but usually a combination with extra strong/might/fanatism etc.

With might lever 14, they deal 127 average damage. So with 45% dr(shako+stormshield) and being cursed, I would get hit by 197 average.
With 31 pdr (arkains+gerkes) and 10% dr(shako), I would get hit by 183 damage average. So the arkain+gerkes setup is slightly better as the stormshield setup and I would use shako anyway, also with the arkaines setup.
Against extra strong, the stormshield would be better, against fanatism, gerkes would be better and versus extremely evil combinations like might+fanatism+extra strong+cursed, stormshield would be much better. This are offcourse the combinations that cause the most problems and I think you are right that stormshield is much better as gerke's sanctuary overall

When I find Deaths fathom, I will likely switch to 3 part tal set like grisu, to atleast get the 10% dr, on top of that I should just start using CTA like I mentioned above, 50% extra hitpoints will help a lot drinking rejuvs fast enough in problem situations. If I still dont feel safe, I will add stormshield.

your damage estimation felt rather low, but is correct.
however 75 is the damage for p1 games. in p5 they deal 125% listed damage and in p8 143.75%. but that is still not my estimated 150 on average ofc...

I died again (while cursed), and I lost count, but I think I died 8 or 9 times, which is about once each 1500 runs. At lvl 96, dieing costs me only about 150 runs, but at lvl 98 this will cost me 3000 runs, so I need to change something. I have great respect for you hardcore runners.
My inventory is allrdy filled with more vita as lucky sc's and I think what I need is damage reduction, Im not sure how to do that. Shako setup will give 10% dr and adding a stormshield or something could nicely give me 45% damagereduction. However since my problem is mostly ith being cursed, flat damage reduction might be more interesting. Arkains valor (I found 2/15 version)with a -req mf jewel is an option and offcourse gerke's sanctuary, or maybe just socketing 2 Sol's in tal's set might be enough. Either way, im pretty sure I will offer some MF at lvl 98 maybe 97 in order for more safety, however first I have to find Death's Fathom to maintain my damage with such setup.

edit: lol, never mind, Im stupid. I should just stop being lazy and make CTA and use it.

I was thinking how can you die so much. Then i read the edit, which made it all clear. Get CtA asap. You shouldn't have much trouble after that. My sorc runs ATs with negative cold resists (and i think negative poison too), which makes me pay attention (those deathblasts hurt, but don't kill me), but if i wanted to go for 99 i'd ditch some MF for resists and don't think i should worry much about getting killed.

P1 that is for me, so maybe p3 or 5 would make it a little more dangerous.

The idea of someone writing out super long and detailed rants/analyses/calculations about monster damage because they're annoyed at dying, followed by oh btw I don't use cta is kinda.. funny. heh. It's like using 99% of the effort for solving 0.000002% of the problem.

wow berserkers have +3. I never heard of that before! At lvl 95-97, the majority of exp seems to come from uniques(and berzerkers) because of the lvl difference. At lvl 98, they also fall under the 10 lvl penalty and all monsters are interesting for exp again. You could even go back farming lvl 60 monsters and get same lvl penalty :)

Yeah it's kind of annoying, even area level 85 monsters are no good for exp later on, not to mention they can't drop Tyrels and whatnot and they just drop bad to begin with. It's like Bliz made all the regular monsters useless and forces the use of 'teleport and kill bosses only' playstyle which is something I never liked at all. One nice thing about MXL is that in hell all monsters are lvl 120 and drop all the items. Except ubercharms and great runes of course, but atleast there is no nuisance about area level and quality levels.

The idea of someone writing out super long and detailed rants/analyses/calculations about monster damage because they're annoyed at dying, followed by oh btw I don't use cta is kinda.. funny. heh. It's like using 99% of the effort for solving 0.000002% of the problem.

Yeah I laughed when I raed his post. So silly :p
I don't know how I didn't die pre-95 because I didn't have CtA then, and ym gear in general was much worse.

You are talking too much and running to low, 75k is still far away :)
and yeah teoretical knowledge of AT running is nice but againist practise is useless, during 1k of runs you will learn more then from all theory ever

You are talking too much and running to low, 75k is still far away :)
and yeah teoretical knowledge of AT running is nice but againist practise is useless, during 1k of runs you will learn more then from all theory ever
Spoken as the AT madman I know! :thumbsup:

I did some calculations after doing some runs at /p7 (around 1:20 min each):

Runs needed for next level:

96 -> 97 = 1697
97 -> 98 = 4547
98 -> 99 = 31452

Total = 37696 (plus 518 needed for level 96 minus 4322 for Ancients (equals 40 Million), which I have still open)

So I need 33892 AT runs at p7.

And yes, I could have just used the 75k needed at /p3 and divided them by 2, because /p7 gives double the XP /p3 does :p

I DEEDED

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
lvl 96.5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could you let such a thing happen!?

you what?!?!?!?! Just when I was about to hit level 98...ok, just kidding, I still need some 40 runs till 96, but still...so, what now?

I'm going to give up on this AT dream.I may make another blizzy at some point to replace my beloved Shuckle, but not for 99. That will be a mean running machine at p1 for Tyrael's if anything.

I plan to have a novamancer as a replacement alvl 85 runner since my singer and blizzy are dead.

I teleported into a fanat bosspack.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High