Pharphis's 75K /p3 AT run thread - Help needed!

I run much slower in AT as numbers written down here. Usually I go without runcounter but when I use runcounter, my fastest run is usually somewhere 35-37 seconds, but my average run around 1:00-1:05, sometimes even 1:10, because of checking items for perfect grail.
I think even for hard core runners that only pick up very little items, 1 minute average is still more realistic to calculate with, especially if you consider taking breaks, muling off etcetera.

Don't let these last two guys let you down. Here at the SPF we are not known for setting realistic goals, but we are known for actually achieving them.

I donno, if you look at the 99 progress thread and the elite runners thread these days it's only a very minor group that actually reach their goal. Goals that have the less then half the time commitment needed for this one. The point of setting up a "goal" is to have an actual reasonable shot at making it, otherwise why bother?

I run much slower in AT as numbers written down here. Usually I go without runcounter but when I use runcounter, my fastest run is usually somewhere 35-37 seconds, but my average run around 1:00-1:05, sometimes even 1:10, because of checking items for perfect grail.
I think even for hard core runners that only pick up very little items, 1 minute average is still more realistic to calculate with, especially if you consider taking breaks, muling off etcetera.

Indeed the meaningful number is how many runs you average per hour. Muling habits, refreshing the SPF and all of that severely cut into efficiency. I know I can play comfortably and still hit 80+ runs per hour because I collect and identify very little stuff.

Interesting suggestions in this thread. I never thought of putting some MF on my merc. Might try that. Personally I use might merc with Insight/Duress/Vamp Gaze+ UM. Honestly I am really spoiled by 105 fcr tele, to the point i can't stand anything lower than that. That's just me though :)

Okay, lots of great advice, thanks!
Too lazy to respond to it all right away, but I will probably drop my mf by 100ish to max my defensive and offensive stats. We'll have to see what I have available.

Do I think I'll reach 75k? Maybe. I predict in 3 years I might be able to pull it off, since as time goes on I'll become more and more efficient, and need to pick up way less items. (most of my pickups are S/Us for perfect grail). In time I should have a very good grasp of what I need to keep.

Also, I consider muling separately, as all of my items will be going into a stash for later processing, including drops from other chars.

Time to go count bosspacks.

@Fabian, Awesome spreadsheet ideas, there. I'd love to hear some more about it.

Alright, I did 50 runs because I wanted my run counter at exactly 1200 runs.

My average number of bosspacks per run was 5.08. So my guess is that I should find a better map.
My average runtime decreased by 0.14 seconds, from 51.88 to 51.74. This makes a total of 1200 for these recorded runs.

Conclusion: About 10sec/bosspack. + I get the chest every run, but I'm considering dropping that as I haven't seen anything even close to the um I found at the beginning of the MFO (4k runs ago). My assumption is p3 is a bad setting for runes from it, and it eats up time, anyway. I'm gotten at least one gul at p1, though.

Actually, since I'm not so sure 5 packs/run is such a bad number, since I know I can drop my time to 45 or maybe even less once I regear, as well as stop using the chest i will be going much faster. I don't think I'll roll my map yet. Time to go get some stuff from FoE

Great thread with lots of good advice (esp. the CM calculations from EasyG)!

I started running AT more seriously again some weeks ago, and my setup is like this:

Death's Fathom (Cold Facet)
Spirit Monarch
PTopaz Shako
Tal's Armor (PTopaz)
Tal's Amulet
Tal's Belt
Trang's Gloves
War Traveler
10% rare FCR with resists/Life/STR
Res akk/MF magical ring

Harmony Bow on switch

Merc: eth Insight Thresher, Shaftstop, eth Vampire Gaze (although I'm debating sth. with CBF like Duriel's or Fortitude for maxed resists and more damage over Shaftstop)

An arsenal of 7% MF charms (some with resists) and 40% Gheeds for a total of

521% MF
105% FCR
55% FHR
Res Fire 75 % (77)
Res Cold 74%
Res Lightning 75% (93)
Res Poison -12% :hang:

1132 HP
534 Mana
Chance to Block 7% (don't want to get block locked)

Setup works like a charm on /p3 (I run in HC, too), have to count boss packs and run time though...

Thanks for the appreciation Grisu, but I made a mistake in it, since there is an error at Arreat Summit, it said spectral hit gives 40% resist, but this is only 20%, so I did my calculations again and here is the complete table:
Mon, means any other monster as Embalmed.
Code:
Type of monster      Cold resistance  Desired CM level
CEMRSH Emb Boss      168              Immune
CEMR Emb Boss        148              Immune
CEMRSH Mon Boss      135              Immune
CESH Emb Boss        128              Immune
CEMR Mon Boss        115              Can be broken by Infinity
CE Emb Boss          108              Can be broken by Infinity, maybe by lower resist lvl 3 wand.
CESH Mon Boss        95               36
MRSH Emb Boss        93               36
CE Emb Minion        83               34
CE Mon Boss          75               32
MR Emb Boss          73               32
MRSH Mon Boss        60               28
SH Emb Boss          53               28
CE Mon Minion        50               27
MR Mon Boss          40               25
Emb Boss/minion      33               24
SH Mon Boss          20               21
Mon Boss/minion      0                17
Breakpoints are:
lvl 17 for minimal skillpoint investment (dual element sorc)
lvl 24 for embalmed
lvl 32 in case you are just interested in killing bosses at max speed
lvl 34 for maximal farm speed, useless since you need to wait for your merc to kill the boss anyway.

edit:

I started running AT more seriously again some weeks ago, and my setup is like this:

OhOh, seems Grisu was serious about looking for that Tyraels to prevent Cyrax from taking over first spot at the perfect grail.

Last edited:
So really for all AT runners you would suggest max CM?

Also is full tal blizz sorc for an AT runner not as efficient as 3piece tals?

Not exactly.
I recommend lvl 17 after skills in case you use a secundary element to kill cold immunes.

If you are full blizzard, then I recommend at minimum lvl 24 after +skills. Dont forget to include the -cold resistance from possible facets.
After it is lvl 24 you might want to invest your skillpoints in other skills you might find more usefull. E.G. shiver armor for more defense, static field to help merc with killing CI's, teleport so you can teleport away faster after being manaburned etc.

And I recommend to go for maximum lvl 32 (including facets), which is possible if you use AT to lvl up at /p8 and have less mf orientated equipment. Any higher CM after lvl 32 is hardly worth it.

between a level 17 / 24 / 32 CM is there a noticable difference? Mines at 18 for some reason ( i thought that was the 17 ) so ive dumped some points in warmth so my merc can use obedience instead of insight. I could always respec and I am planning on giving him an eth cv insight anyway...

and i do all my AT runs p/8 and am at clvl 90

In HC I would prolly go with the following, if you can afford it:

Complete Tal set

Spirit shield 35
2 Sojs
Magefist
Wartrav

Gheeds
cold skillers
life/MF charms/resists if needed
Tal Set is really good and with a perfect spirit you can reach 105 FCR. In terms of sockets I would use perf topaz in amor and helm and a cold facet in the wep.

I have to disagree with you, Korlic. Complete Tal's is good - it served me well in my bazillion Pindle runs with my Meteorber, but for a single tree build it's not the best choice...Death's Fathom alone makes all the difference. Belt/Ammy/Armor gives you all the mods you need from Tal's set for a pure Blizzard sorc, the open slots are better filled with DF and Shako or a 20/2 or even a +3 Cold Skills circlet with 3 os filled with PTopaz I prefer the Shako for DR and Life though.

Also, I don't have any need for cold skillers with my AT runner - I do 6k damage (LCS) without any skillers and that's fast enough at p3 and even p5.

I have to disagree with you, Korlic. Complete Tal's is good - it served me well in my bazillion Pindle runs with my Meteorber, but for a single tree build it's not the best choice...Death's Fathom alone makes all the difference. Belt/Ammy/Armor gives you all the mods you need from Tal's set for a pure Blizzard sorc, the open slots are better filled with DF and Shako or a 20/2 or even a +3 Cold Skills circlet with 3 os filled with PTopaz I prefer the Shako for DR and Life though.

Also, I don't have any need for cold skillers with my AT runner - I do 6k damage (LCS) without any skillers and that's fast enough at p3 and even p5.

Not everybody has DF :loving:

GL Pharphis, I was thinking of remake of my untwinked 99 Sorc, in HC this time, running AT until 98.

I was thinking, imagine a tourney named "Make a 99 Sorc in AT", the winner would be, ofcourse, the one who found the most Tyrael's Mights.

Not everybody has DF :loving:
Yeah, I know...I was coming from that direction though:
In HC I would prolly go with the following, if you can afford it:
For doing 75k AT runs maaaayyyybe one should try having a DF.
Also, this :wink: :thumbup:

Should we race each other to 99, pharphis? I'm way behind you though (level 94.98) Although I'm not much of a competition, I guess, with 13 tourney characters going on...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High