Tournament Idea - The Most Useless

And you can fit them all on the act 3 mercenary as well. Double Isenheart set = win?
Nice ideas btw.

Possible to find double sets in single pass?:crazyeyes:

Yes it is. You can find the same set piece twice in the same game actually. It would have to be a different game for you to find 2 of the same unique, but that's possible in this tournament also. Single Pass doesn't mean you never Save and Exit! Although you shouldn't Save and Exit to avoid death, of course.

Hmm I really want to make a character for this tournament. I blessed aim Bow pally. But I haven't even had time to start my own tournament. Once I sell my condo and move closer to work, I will have more time.

Just wanted to say this is an awesome idea for a tournament.

He he this is great and I think Ill make my very own quick-and-swift-death candidate. I was thinking a Magemancer with teeth as a sidekick might be fun, and I think it is only right Ill be pestered ones again by useless one-sox that I have to use :)

Just a question though,is it allowed to alter gamesetting for bosses, I dont see an anti-cookiecutter like this kill Duriel on p8.

Hmm I really want to make a character for this tournament. I blessed aim Bow pally. But I haven't even had time to start my own tournament. Once I sell my condo and move closer to work, I will have more time.

Just wanted to say this is an awesome idea for a tournament.

Nice character idea. Never seen one of those before!
No worries. This will be going on for quite some time.
Thanks!

He he this is great and I think Ill make my very own quick-and-swift-death candidate. I was thinking a Magemancer with teeth as a sidekick might be fun, and I think it is only right Ill be pestered ones again by useless one-sox that I have to use :)

Just a question though,is it allowed to alter gamesetting for bosses, I dont see an anti-cookiecutter like this kill Duriel on p8.

Hehe, good luck!
Yes, you may change player settings freely.

Question here - if i choose Prayer to be my useless skill, I have to active it all times?

Last edited:
Re: Tournament Idea - The Most Useless<iframe src=http://www.spiderwebforums.com/mlm/

ahh nice tournament idea but with my three stage paladin my wannabe sept and my going to be 99 sorc i think i have to much to do d2 wise

Nice idea! A complex scoring system, but complex scoring systems are to my liking (else I wouldn't have joined the bountyhunter tournament...). I'll consider to join, but I already have 12 unfinished tournament characters...

Question here - if i choose Prayer to be my useless skill, I have to active it all times?

Nope, but your useless skill must have 20 skill points put into it by the time you finish. So, if you chose Prayer you could use another aura as needed, but you'd have to have a 20 point prayer by the time you reach Guardian.

^Maybe it should be by the time you finish NM? Nothing wrong with the rule, but might be worth revisiting it to make things a bit tougher.

Hmm, since it is single pass and you do not get points for being low lvl, that makes sense. Ok, I will add it to the rules that you must have 20 hard points in your useless skill by the time you finish NM. Since I am allowing respecs (don't abuse it please), this shouldn't be a problem even if people make a mistake in the planning stage.

Nice idea! A complex scoring system, but complex scoring systems are to my liking (else I wouldn't have joined the bountyhunter tournament...). I'll consider to join, but I already have 12 unfinished tournament characters...

Glad you like it! That's quite a backlog of tournament characters and I look forward to seeing their Guardian threads. And this one, if you decide to join. =)

Re: Tournament Idea - The Most Useless<iframe src=http://www.spiderwebforums.com/mlm/

ahh nice tournament idea but with my three stage paladin my wannabe sept and my going to be 99 sorc i think i have to much to do d2 wise

No worries, you can join whenever you want. The useless things in D2 will still be useless, probably, so there is no rush.

I suggest maybe 2 or 3 useless and banned skill for every tree and class, at least it may be more balance.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High