Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

the last time I played chess was the last time for a reason... I flipped the coffee table—and it's toppings: 2 open beers, multiple empties/half-empties going back several days, two remote controls, the roommate's flip-phone, a half-eaten bowl of cereal from that morning, and the chess board and pieces—over on a roommate and dear friend after committing a silly, drunk-and-not-paying-attention error that led to checkmate in 2 moves.

That's one of the only things I get competitive about. That, and Bridge, sometimes Spades.

I still play those, though, when I get a chance.

i am not good at chess - i play way to reckless

i prefer cardgames like skat or doppelkopf (not that anyone out of germany would know what that is)

otherwise boardgames like the settlers of catan and Civ - i think about getting the game of thrones boardgame

oh and i enjoy a good whisky (note the writing)
but a nice gin or just a glass of campari soda are fine as well - if i drink - thats seldom
except for the complementary wine to the food

and i don't smoke - never have never will

i am not good at chess - i play way to reckless

i prefer cardgames like skat or doppelkopf (not that anyone out of germany would know what that is)

otherwise boardgames like the settlers of catan and Civ - i think about getting the game of thrones boardgame

oh and i enjoy a good whisky (note the writing)
but a nice gin or just a glass of campari soda are fine as well - if i drink - thats seldom
except for the complementary wine to the food

and i don't smoke - never have never will

I have introduced Doppelkopf in Norway! :yes:
We are playing once a month with 2-3 friends. Have been for 5-6 years now I think. They love the game.

it is an awesome game - we always played it back in highschool or skat if we were only 3 people
but most times we were 3 and our math teacher so it was doppelkopf

Learned it when I was about 10 years when my parents played with their friends. I was allowed down there half an hour before bedtime and watch them. Played it ever since. ;)
I don't have any brothers or sisters, so we played a lot of Skat also which my mother kind of hated. Once i brought boyfriends home it was Doppelkopf though. ;)

Never heard if either of those card games before.

Almost off work! Woot for a 3 day weekend!

Morning Mal. I agree with it being too early for a Saturday. I was up just before 9 though. :)

I do like chess, but completely agree with the "internet pros" comment being too good. I just don't play enough to be competitive at their skill level. Not that I don't want to, but just don't have the time/commitment for online chess. I prefer feeling the pieces, and seeing the board, and don't have any RL friends locally who play it.
Also, Smancer, were you into SC:BW, or just got into SC2?

Good morning/afternoon/evening all. Got an assignment due in two weeks and I'm about half way through it. It is about how we teach in our workplace, my boss has vetoed any reference to her department and my teacher insists that is it necessary. I think I'll just let them slug this out!

As for pass times; I go fishing when I can, do a bit of astronomy when I can, read textbooks and do a little genealogy.

Oh crap, I'm a 48 year old nerd!!!!!!!!

I want to post D2 stuff in the bar. Bad me. Basically, I'm extremely unlikely to use it, but it looks like an interesting item. Seeing as I don't really have a purpose, I don't want to make a hypothetical thread. I'll probably make a new thread anyway, but does anyone know if the %ED on shields is actually very useful? Possibly combined with Grief? Something a little less looked for, or more oddball build?

Superior Sacred Targe
Defense: 196
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 76
Fingerprint: 0xcacd508e
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
65% Enhanced Damage
+119 to Attack Rating

Increase Maximum Durability 12%
Ethereal

Nothing wrong with being a nerd. I like the term dork as well. At work, we found a Sega Master System II thrown out into the gardens, and I had to get a photo. Looked in fairly good condition, but still don't think it would work.

Dang, waited to long to go for a haircut, and they're booked for back to school of course. Now I'll have to get one somewhere else which I don't want to do.

Just hit lvl 96 in AT. Oh my, I never thought I would make it this far in HC. . .

I just get my hair cut at the cheapest place I can, I need no appointment.

I don't think I've ever seen someone use a damage paladin shield.

That's funny about the sega :p

I need dew. I spend over 1 hour at the phone, got 4 $0,50 Miller's meanwhile (I got a box yesterday with 4-6 packs). I'm feeling ridiculously tired tonight, probably I'll sleep...

@pharpis: I had some haircut situation a few months ago. I found a new hair stylist (it's on his card...) and never looked back.

@Drystan: My second console was a master system. So many good memories... Some people considered it a bad sega genesis, but I liked it. I'll stop before I enter on the @old_man_talking_about_the_past_with_a_sad_voice_mode_on

It's gotta be better than the sega CD system! *shudders*

*serves dew

In case you decide to stay up.

Gah. Just hit NM and rerolled my nice Travi map. After that 30 tries and still no good map. Grumble grumble grumble..

Travi maps are static :troll:

Next time just ctrl alt delete and kill D2, it won't save the map if you don't save and exit.

Goodnight, bar!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High