Hello!....again

Conanbarbarian

Nov 25, 2005
Hi guys!

After a long break induced by the release of D3 I've decided to hit D2 again while I wait for D3 to be patched/updated to help cover a lot of the issues it suffers from. It seems to be going in the right directing with 1.0.4 and I'm pretty hopefull in a year or two it will become a great Diablo style game... Anyhow enough of D3!

I'm loving getting back into D2 and have started with a clean slate. Current characters are -

Skellymencer lvl 66 - act 5 NM
Frost Zealot lvl 22 - act 2 Normal
Pure LightSorc lvl 26 - act 2 Normal
Conc Barb (axe WM) lvl 12 act 1 Normal

Found a hand full of sets and uniques with my skellymencer so far but nothing to shout home about. Greatly enjoying the return to D2! Finding gear than will benefit each one of my characters and savouring other item for future builds... Frost zealot is the first one I've ever tried and finding him very enjoyable. Doesn't have the kill speed the I remember my old Lighting Zealot having but still fun to have none the less.

Will get my skellymencer through Hell before concentrating on my light sorc and getting down to some serious MFing.

Has anyone else started again since the release of D3? If so hope your all enjoying your return as much as I am!

Hi Conan! Good to see you return, too! As you know, I've neglected D2, too, after the release of D3. But the last few days I came back to playing D2, although I didn't do a complete restart but did instead pickup my 13+ tourney characters as well as my mission to become the Zod God :)

May your drops be green and golden and your playstyle HC! :wave:

Howdy Conan!

I'm super new here. I started playing after I beat d3 as well. I was playing bnet with some buddies and decided I wanted to play SP when I got scheduled for a bunch of overnights where I work and I can't be on the internet on my computer but I have vast amounts of downtime. So I'm starting up! As far as I can tell there have been lots of new players starting here, as evidenced by all the posts. Most people starting up aren't really that active here though, which is sad for me because I don't have many people to relate to! It's kind of sad being super excited about your first shako dropping when everyone here has had one for years in their stash.

So. Welcome. Please stay and be active and be friends with me!

Well then hello again

and ND - at least you got a Shako - i still got none - even after the MFO - i could cry :p

I'd kill for a shako... having to make do with -

Tal's Crest
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Defense: 99-131 (varies)(Base Defense: 54-86)
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 55
Durability: 20
10% Life Stolen Per Hit
10% Mana Stolen Per Hit
All Resistances +15
+45 Defense
+30 To Mana
+60 To Life[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Saying that it good for an act 2 merc or a melee player but not fantastic for my skellymencer at the mo... no + skills!

Welcome back!

I restarted a month ago, after playing d3 for a month or so. I wanted to compared the both games from the scratch.

- D2 fells a lot easier (maybe because I play since the release :ponder:). I like challenges - on real life. I don't like games too challenging to be fun. Plus, on d2 you can control the amount of challenge (should I play with meleemancer or should I cut some cookies with blizzballer?) and it makes more sense on half-hour sessions. On the d3, the only thing I managed to do on 15-30 minute breaks was check auctions on GAH.

- D3 is a lot better with 1.04 and demons on a lash, but still feels like unfinished project. Nothing against people playing it, but I'm rather play a "finished" game I really like. I still log in to fill the blue bar, but I feel I play d3 once in a while just because it's called diablo.

- I don't miss inferno. If I wanted challenge beyond imagination that require expertise in economics, I would go for a long term-relationship on RL :crazyeyes:.

- No offline single player mode = fail (on my standards). I can sleep at night knowing D3 isn't for me just because of that. They don't seem to be willing to give us SP mode, gomule, etc. And I need space.

Welcome back! Looks like you have a nice spread of starting characters there - curious, do you have an endgame weapon in mind for your Barb?

On D3, I skipped the whole try-it-out-and-get-frustrated stage by not ever trying the game in the first place. I might try it when they fix of lot of the problems with the expansion. However, I hear tell that Torchlight 2 release date will be announced on Aug 31, so my own hiatus from D2 is looming - I'm REAALLLYY hoping to find a 1.09 WF by then.

Welcome back man. I recall you from quite a few years ago. *kicks shins* grab a Dew at the Bar! :yes:

@RobbyD - Well I'm aiming for a berserker axe "Breath of the dying"... yes I suppose it was a bit ambitious, especially since I'm starting from scratch. But I've invested the skill point now.. saying that I could always respec.

Yeah its a good spread but there are still alot of builds/ classes I aint even touched yet even through 7 years of on-off gaming with D2... May give the assassin + the amazon a go this time round.

Also swithed from ATMA to GoMule... wow find gomule much easier to work with. That is one HUGE thing I miss playing D3 is not having unlimited space to store my loot!

I'd kill for a shako... having to make do with -

Tal's Crest

... no + skills!

If you've got enough life and res off-Crest, a Lore is a great cheap Skelly hat; +1 all, mpk (does that work with minions? I don't remember) and 30 LR, bit of integer DR. Yours for the low, low price of Ort+Sol.

@ Anaesthesia - Thanks for highlighting that! I have the runes now I just need to two socketed helmet! Then I can give my Tal's Crest to my might merc who will definitly denefit from it.... cheers!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High