Trading

For me the only thing that was annoying to get on my own was skill charms and there's nothing quick you can do about it except lk and pray.

There would be uniques I would love to have that I haven't found yet, like dweb or dfathom, but trading for uniques is something I decided not to do early on simply because I wanted to find them myself.

At this point in my d2 life cycle there are very few things that I don't have in general, trading for those things would remove one of the last major reasons to continue playing. Even if those things take years to acquire, years long projects are a blessing, not an inconvenience by this point.

Lack of demand from my side.

PvP is (sadly) not happening at the moment. For PvM I don't need anything. I'm 100% self found for runes, so I don't need these in trade. Most of the items I need for PvP are going to be very expensive and people will want HRs for these. As I am trying to complete the RW grail I don't have runes spare.

Reactions: Excalibur
I just want to find my own stuff. All the items I have I can point to and say I found that. Enjoy using my griffs much more now that I had to wait for it and was so pumped by it finally dropping, as an example.

Reactions: Miron
I used to trade a ton on Bnet and enjoyed that part of the game. Sadly between the dupes, bots and RMTing, it became hard to let go of that selffound for a better (but 0 effort) item/rune. When I moved to single player (after originally restarting from scratch here 3 times) I now realized I can just take as many breaks as I want, slowly build up what I want/need. Just about finishing up 10k LK runs which got me all the runes I need for now, so I can finally enjoy building those builds I always wanted. But now instead of trading something I found for a pretty good cookie cutter equipment set, I get the enjoyment of filling all equipment slots with things that I found. It will never be perfect or the ideal setup, but that gives me years of replayability. And on top of that (not pointing any fingers, I swear!), even people here have been caught using certain mods or trading on other sites with more dubious item sources. I wouldn't want to risk giving up one of my self-founds for something someone whipped up in a hero editor.

Reactions: Miron
I blame the vanilla vs FAM separation....

But seriously, as people mentioned beforehand, finding the required items by myself is a source of motivation. It goes all the way back to the time when I first started reading guides/posts on various forums regarding builds and equipment.

Another reason why I don't trade actually steam from me being self-found. I don't like to do lots of mf/lk runs so I value items/runes much more. I find it hard to trade something like pgems for HRs, even nowadays with increased rune drop rate.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Never had the itch to snatch anything up that anyone posted before, but I also haven't spent time in the SPTF. Couple that with me now playing exclusively untwinked. I figure I'd want to start by playing with thinking before losing self-found status

IMO items just lost their value. HRs are now easier to get, thus more Enigmas/Inifities around leading to easier MFing. And indirectly this leads to a better motivation for self-finding.

I blame the vanilla vs FAM separation....

There is nothing to stop a vanilla player accepting FAM items in trade, although this would of course make them FAM for trading purposes. Essentially you would be FAM but not using ladder runewords. We have looked at merging the pools in the past but decided ths effectively excluded Vanilla players who didn't want to accept FAM items.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High