1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

I think crafting supplies are better spent on weapons and gloves rather than shields. There are only two shield recipes, caster which takes a luna (not great blocking, only two sockets max) and aegis (3 sockets possible, but huge strength requirement) and it's probably a better plan to get shop a prismatic shield of deflecting and have Larzuk add sockets to fill with perfect diamonds. Or just use a plain socketed shield.

Ok then, I will trust the wiser and more experienced players.
Anyhow, I have just finished NM. I hope that Hell will prove more of a challenge, because NM was just laughable with FO sorc.
I will stay NM LK for a while, because I am totally broke. Merc has a bad habbit of dying (the no leach on mercenaries is just too annoying@!).
While there I will also try to score some more gems for MpK rings (atm wearing one with 20 MpK), and hope for runes/jewels too.
atm lvl 54, I will try one cow run just to see how the exp is, but 100-200 LK first to get at least 1 million in gold (I have a nice map with 2 campfires and it would be a shame to not spam).

hi, anyone can confirm, that the mf-breakpoint for classspecific setitems on SUs is different to normal sets?

and is it proofen to be at 257?

I just got orb with +2 sorc skills and +2 meteor. I don't have any points in meteor, but when I equip that orb, my meteor is slvl2.
Ain't that strange...
here's the pics:

Orb : http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8378/screenshot021yn.jpg
Skills: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3915/screenshot022s.jpg

and the ATMA readout:
Prefix 1252 Cloudy Sphere of Firebolts
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 29
Durability: 32 of 35
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 20
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 26
Orb Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x6ab055ae
+26 to Life
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+2 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Fire Bolt on attack

o_O

//edit
NM LK was kind enough to give me Ko rune.
I am atm lvl 55. What is the best lvl for crafting blood rings ?

Last edited:

Hey, it's me again :p
this thread is kinda dead, and that rhymes too...
Anyway, I will just pretend that I am not a boring 1.07 nab and I will just continue with rapid question fire, hoping that someone will provide me with the knowledge I crave for :]

So, progress update:
I have stormed through A1,A2, and mid A3 without any problems at all. FO is ridiculously strong. But now I have reached my strongold, Lower Kurast.
I am planning to do 1-2K runs here, just to see how my seed behaves. Who knows, maybe I will score a HR or two along the way. But my main priority are jewels/gems for craft and GC of uberimba max damage. Getting map with 2 campfires (NEAR WP!!) is also mandatory, 'cause 2 campfires means 6 special chests, and 2x2 racks.
Which finaly brings me to my question (the one that I mentioned in 3rd sentence of this post (hah made you look up the post, and yeah, it is 3rd, I counted too :p)):
Which items made of gold can not drop in Lower Kurast on Hell difficulty ?
(I guess that list is shorter from the ones that actualy can :p).

Only Cranium Basher plus bows and staves. It can't drop IK armor either.

I finally found a Cranium Basher . . . after 2300 runs in the Halls of Pain :crazyeyes: . I was thinking of going for another (to bring forward to 1.13) but am not sure I have another 2300 runs in me. My understanding is that the odds of a non class specific unique dropping are 1 : 1000 so the question is: Is there something that decreases the odds of a Cranium Basher dropping? . . or was I only suffering from bad luck?

bad luck bro ;)

can you post the stats of it? :D

I like the name "Thundermaul", maybe i do also the probably 10k runs for it (or at least it feels everytime like 10k i rack XD )

cheers

I put in almost 3k runs on a bone knife rack and then 1k+ on a shako rack and I finally gave up. Now you need to rack an eth one and forward it, that would be sick!

Hmm, if only it could spawn eth. Sadly it (and every other elite weapon in 1.07) always spawns indestructible (so as far as I know . . . that means they can't spawn eth :no: ).

Really? I didn't notice it being eth on your readout, but maybe I just missed it, as I'm not used to looking at atma readouts.

Look what I've found.
Also, what lvl should I be to get from Anya the vortex orb as a quest reward ?
I've saved her, and am about to do some leveling before I talk to her for reward and red portal, but I am curoius how much should I grind :)

I just got orb with +2 sorc skills and +2 meteor. I don't have any points in meteor, but when I equip that orb, my meteor is slvl2.
Ain't that strange...
here's the pics:

Orb : http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8378/screenshot021yn.jpg
Skills: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3915/screenshot022s.jpg

and the ATMA readout:
Prefix 1252 Cloudy Sphere of Firebolts
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 29
Durability: 32 of 35
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 20
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 26
Orb Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x6ab055ae
+26 to Life
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+2 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Fire Bolt on attack

o_O

//edit
NM LK was kind enough to give me Ko rune.
I am atm lvl 55. What is the best lvl for crafting blood rings ?

There is some bug about + skills that is noted in the patch notes for 1.08:

Code:
- Fixed a bug where single skill bonuses did not stack properly.

And good luck with rack running! I have had much better success on the max damage charms than the racks, but I do have a Valk Wing and Valor now. Just need a Shako and I will be happy. Don't forget that blue items can get up to four sockets. Shopping for armor and weapons and punching four sockets in them is a good way to get decent gear (I noticed you talking about shields, prismatic towers from Charsi are nice). Also, mercenaries other than the act 5 ones have horrid regen rates, so much that feeding act 1 mercenaries potions is almost worthless.

har har har!
First 1.07 matriarch (ofc she's orb sorc, hence the name Orbison :p)
Now to spam some more cows up to 75 or so, and then to try and see what Anya will give me as reward, and also to gain access to Nihlathak's temple.
It will feel strange to open his waypoint, cause I always spam Pindle like mad, and I never, EVER click the temple wp :)

i think in 1.07 there is a very strange bug?

i ONEhitted Duriel on hell in a 3player lan game and the other bosses except baal where absolutely no prob, they just took 2-3 hits and that without any cb on my frenzybarb, even baal was not a real issue, just a little more dangerous, has anyone else experienced that?

but random monsters in act2 and the chaossanctuarium where a nasty problem >_>

I'm sure this was already known, but an Act 2 merc does leech with Life Tap.

I have my Necro to the first WP of Normal Act 5 (very much looking forward to that Barb merc), but a necro shooting a poison bow with those 'porting fire Imps is just.... so.... tedious! Big level 27 at this point! Still can't put the Visceratuant on him (though apparently Skiller charms don't have the lvl 42 req - didn't know that before).

I'm keeping the Larzuk reward though, in case I try some crafting later on.

I have few questions regarding 1.07 Enhanced Maximum Damage mod, and forwarding it into latter patches:
1. Is it possible to drop unique with EMD mod ? For example Hone Sundan :)
2. if answer to question above is Yes, when upgrading it via cube recipe to it's Elite version (in later patch, 'cause from what I know in 1.07 you can't upgrade to elite), will it keep the allmighty EMD mod ?
3. once properly forwarded to later patch, will EMD mod stay after Larzuk socket quest / cube socketing recipe ? Or should I add sockets in 1.07 and only then forward it to any later patch ?

Thanx in advance :)

These are good questions, and I remember doing some experiments along the those lines some time ago. My question was if I took an ethereal crystal sword from 1.07 and I imbued it in 1.07 (or 1.10) and then upgraded it, what happened to the damage? And I don't remember the outcome, which makes me think that it didn't end up being anything useful. It may have been that it kept the enhanced maximum damage mod only if there were no +damage mods from the rare affixes obtained. But I am regretting not keeping better track back then.

I am about to start up in 1.07 again and I will be doing HC. I was thinking bowazon with cb... any thoughts?

I also would like to know what the trading is like, with either bringing stuff forward for trade or trade within 1.07.

Also, I know you can buy PBs, can you craft them? As in get a PB with 40ias and other juicy mods and socket for 3Shael to get a 100ias PB?

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High