Am I missing something or is Blizz just making fun of us?

TheGurk

Aug 15, 2011
Am I missing something or is Blizz just making fun of us?

Doing a bunch of WSK runs this ladder and can't seem to shake the feeling that blizz are just sitting there laughing at us while we suffer. Not only do I have to deal with souls (which are hard sinc I an a meteorber and rely on my merc to tank), also with souls that are resurrected after death but on top of al that... The exploding suicidal maniacs that pretty often spawn as champions and those juicy uniques that we all love to kill.

Am I missing something or is it impossible to get drops of them? In other words do they drop anything even if you manage to kill them before they explode? And if that is the case, how do you go about killing them before they explode?

Seems at times that blizz consciously made this design flaw to rob poor, hard farming bastards like me of possible drops.

Re: Am I missing something or is Blizz just making fun of us?

I'm pretty sure they do drop something if you manage to kill them before they explode, which isn't too easy to do. Freezing certainly helps, but I don't even remember if they can be frozen on Hell. I usually don't bother too much with them.

No they don't drop anything, even if you kill them before they self-detonate.

Gloams are annoying, but they don't hold a candle to Tomb Vipers for Blizzard laughing at you. Working as intended!

Doing a bunch of WSK runs this ladder and can't seem to shake the feeling that blizz are just sitting there laughing at us while we suffer. Not only do I have to deal with souls (which are hard sinc I an a meteorber and rely on my merc to tank), also with souls that are resurrected after death but on top of al that... The exploding suicidal maniacs that pretty often spawn as champions and those juicy uniques that we all love to kill.

Am I missing something or is it impossible to get drops of them? In other words do they drop anything even if you manage to kill them before they explode? And if that is the case, how do you go about killing them before they explode?

Seems at times that blizz consciously made this design flaw to rob poor, hard farming bastards like me of possible drops.

It's called hell mode for a reason :D.

BTW, I never do any WSK runs at all with my meteorb, but Tunnels + Eldritch + Pindleskin. WSK + Baal is the job of one of my later characters, a fana-zealot (who's also used for organs and ÃœT). To be precise, as soon as I can afford Enigma for him, I skip the WSK entirely and only go for Baal minions and Beel himself, that's more effective.

Really? I was under the impression that WSK is better than running tunnels. My kill speed is decent in WSK, though the area is rather large. Never really done any tunnel runs, currently running meph+pindle+shenk+eldrich+WSK. Was running WSK with my well geared zealot last ladder, but the kill speed is way higher with a meteorb, even though i'm not uber equiped.

Both are L85 areas, so they provide roughly the same drops. The WSK is denser packed, but there's more variation among the monsters there which means that a character has to be prepared for more scenarios, so it's not a good place for many characters. The Tunnels (and many other areas BTW) have a random selection of 3 out of just 4 monsters while it's 3 out of 10 or so in the WSK.

Tunnels is a whole lot safer and none of the monsters are naturally cold immune.

They really should have added pit vipers to WSK to complete the bad types of monsters.

If you can clear WSK quickly and safely it is absolutely the best due to very high monster density. I like doing it with a fishyzon, fishymancer, kick/trap assassin, but I don't really like doing it with sorcs. A light sorc with infinity is really the only sorc build I'd want to farm WSK with, but chaos is faster/easier with a light sorc.

No they don't drop anything, even if you kill them before they self-detonate.

Gloams are annoying, but they don't hold a candle to Tomb Vipers for Blizzard laughing at you. Working as intended!

If there's an unique pack, the boss will. Fairly sure I saw one drop stuff yesterday, saw another one now in durance and the boss definately dropped stuff

I'm 99% sure it did drop stuff, both of them were fire enchanted though. I'll try to find some more

Edit: OK, didn't take long! Just killed a unique one, and it definately dropped items. There weren't any other monsters around. It wasn't fire enchanted, so that has nothing to do with it. Thought it might

screenshot002ut.jpg

Lol! I see now! We are not talking about the same monster.

Click my link. These are only found in act 5.

Oh, those frenzied ones! I see, I was mistaken then

And never seen those drop anything aswell

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High