The WoT Mafia Game

Re: The WoT Mafia Game

Like I said in the SPF game, if you think I take it too far in anyway just let me know. I agree that TC's last comment was outside the spirit of the game and made it personal. But you should know that the trust wasn't in anyway a reflection on your personality. If anything so far I actually think you're a very trustworthy mafia player.

But this thing was about a killing power. When your alignement is unknown and you have a killing power that we can't influence then you can't expect people to relax and trust your judgement. Scum for one would want to influence who you kill. Town would want to avoid getting accidentally killed themselves, scum ditto. Besides there are your personal reads which may be wrong or right.

But looking back over this exchange on the last few pages, I believe you to be town and you said you wouldn't use your ability if you didn't had a good reason for someone to be scum. Well then you're already more trustworthy than me in deciding who to kill. So for what it's worth, I now do trust that you'll make the right decision.

But as it stands, Ankeli is the top lynch candidate right now, no?

I mean ... have you guys spent any time on the internet? Saying mean things to hurt people has become like an art form or something, lol.

On other places yes. I've always seen this forum as a haven for that kind of stuff.

If you've given your best defense and people aren't asking you questions, it's probably time to let it be. Not every member of the town needs to make it to the end for the town to win, same with Mafia. Continuing to bash your point into the ground over and over isn't going to change people's minds and will likely have the opposite effect than what you want.

I've been reading thru all this and trying to remember why i started playing these games, oh ya, they were fun at one time, but lately they seem to become more personal.

Hi. I'm behind on recent events again. With the site outage and a busy day today, I have a few pages of posts to read, and since I may not finish in time, I will make a quick post now. I have read what I think is vital, that being the role claim from Drixx and the fact that he and Ankeli are the main wagons. I trust Drixx. I believe he and kestegs have told the truth about their relationship, and they are both likely town. Therefore:

Vote: Ankeli

And now to check what the actual vote count is, and read some more.

Unvote: Sathoris

Sathoris is still my best bet for scum but I'll take Ankeli over testing Drixx/kestegs.

Ankeli was only willing to vote coju after the first Loz wagon was starting to pick up steam. His early play was non aggressive until he was called out on it.

Which brings me to my next question: Kegs loses a vote for the day phase and Drixx kills someone? Does it seem balanced because it kinda doesn't seem balanced to me?

Well the abilities fit the lore for a warder, Aes Sedai pair. (Fourth paragraph has the effects of a broken bond) It doesn't seem too unbalanced if the pair are pro-town.

Unvote: Drixx

If you are given the opportunity to kill someone drixx this night, make it count. please try to do some research on who it should be

Sorry I haven't posted so far, I had troubles with the website again; apparently something regarding some ads that get blocked in Germany and shut the web off for me. Anyway, I find weird that so many people tried to push for the Kestegs / Drixx wagon. Sure, most have backed down and changed their votes, but for the most part, it makes no sense to me to kill either of them right now.

Laarz, what did you find regarding Asrrin? And thanks Leo.

you are SCREAMING mafia to me right now.

Anyone who votes for you apparently screams mafia to you. Go figure.

Oh my. You sir, are taking things way too seriously.

Can you imagine how Ankeli feels when everyone says they don't trust him? I wonder why he's not in a corner, crying, right now.

But I am. I'm not liked, I'm being voted for. :(

If you are given the opportunity to kill someone drixx this night, make it count. please try to do some research on who it should be

Yeah, do kill Bad Ash after you see me flip town.

I'm off to bed, so I'm just going to claim my role here so you still can avert a silly choice.

"You are Martyn Tallanvor, former palace guard and loyal subject to the Queen of Andor. When Morgase Trakand went into exile, you willingly followed her as her bodyguard and, you hope, suitor.

WIN CONDITION: TOWN

POWERS:
None."

And since I'm going to be forced to protect myself,

Unvote: Bad Ash
Vote: Drixx

as I believe one of the duo is anti-town.

I'm being deadly serious when I say that if BA gets away with his shenanigans this game, completely avoiding questions, flip flopping like no one has before, I'll laugh at your faces when the town loses this game.

I will almost certainly not get an opportunity. Kestegs has to be killed to trigger my power. The town won't kill kestegs I don't think, and the mafia would be quite foolish to.

If they DO kill Kestegs, I don't go out and take someone with me until the end of the day phase, so we'll have 2 real time days to decide that. I would be looking to power roles to give guidance. Without any target to be reasonably sure of, I would rather not use it than take a townie out with it.

I'm being deadly serious when I say that if BA gets away with his shenanigans this game, completely avoiding questions, flip flopping like no one has before, I'll laugh at your faces when the town loses this game.

I just am ignoring YOUR questions.

If the town loses this game, it is not at my hands

I just am ignoring YOUR questions.

If the town loses this game, it is not at my hands

Haha, I'm glad I checked back. It is indeed in your hands because they are the ones doing the killing.

And the same questions have been presented to you by others, your flip flopping has been questioned, and you've answered NOTHING.

super quick...

I had no idea who Agent Lee was in Gorny's NCIS game. What does "usually" mean? Do you have some source to back up this claim with? And even if lover pairs usually know each other, what makes that apply to this game?

honestly, i skimmed most of Gorny's game and half-paid attention (sorry, Gorny)! at the end of it, i read the roles and mechanics and i do remember this role. With "usually", I meant that the two lovers know who they are and are able to communicate with each other. "Usually" also means that the lover's role has been that way since i have played with few exceptions. IT applies to this game because you guys ARE lovers and the previous statement.

So you don't trust me with a kill ability, but you trust Sathoris that he was a pro-town with a one shot kill ability? I told the game about mine before it could come into play. I could simply have let kestegs die and activated my kill ability without ever saying a word.

the only thing saving Sath's little booty is the fact that he said it was a one-kill ability.

In fact, I challenge the four people currently voting for me: By what logic do you conclude that I am mafia and my actions therefore are consistent with that alignment?

Please do refute my logic, but more importantly give an argument for why I would have revealed myself if was mafia.

you have a kill ability. Kegs loses a vote power. it sucks, but it's not something unheard of and if we've already nabbed two bad guys, there is a good chance there are two-three more people out there (there was a total of 23, right? just think how big the mafia team would be if there were 23 people. four-five seem to fit). there's a stronger chance of you taking out a townie.

why would you reveal yourself as mafia? because our handsome host gave you a cover.

As for the several people saying "I don't trust drixx to decide whether and/or whom to kill" ... that's a pretty harsh judgment to make against someone. Sometimes I think folks go a bit too far in these games. You could say "I don't like the odds of that power hitting a mafia" but instead you choose to make it personal and say that you don't trust [highlight]me[/highlight] as a person... and that's frankly outside of the spirit of the game, I think.

You are essentially saying you think I'm too stupid to make a proper decision on whether to use the power and if I use it whom to target. I know nobody used the word "stupid" but the implication is there.

I NEVER called you stupid (which you have acknowledged that "stupid" was not used) nor did I imply it. I don't like making others feel stupid as it was done to me all my life (and it still happens!) so there is absolutely no way in hell I'm going to do that to someone else, game or no game. I was not harshing you as a PERSON. I was judging you as a CHARACTER and trying to think, "Oh, this guy has a kill ability. There is a chance he could be mafia and just take out a townie. Don't like that idea." that was my logic.

If I have made you feel stupid in any way shape or form, I'm deeply sorry because that was not my intent what-so-ever.

Now, i'm going to go eat a banana or something. I sprayed some sweet-*** perfume and I think it's giving me a headache. Sucks as I don't think I can take it back. :\

Haha, I'm glad I checked back. It is indeed in your hands because they are the ones doing the killing.

And the same questions have been presented to you by others, your flip flopping has been questioned, and you've answered NOTHING.

oh please. youve spent this entire game trying to railroad a vanilla townie instead of doing actual scumhunting. your hands are dirtier than mine

Current vote count.

Ankeli [7]: Gwaihir; Sathoris; Drixx; Gullik; Feysal; Uraj; Bad Ash
Drixx [5]: Asrrin; Leopold Stotch; kestegs; ThunderCat; Ankeli

Day ends in a little less than two hours.

I hate when I spray too much cologne ... you just have to vacate the area and let it dissipate. It's like that bud light real men of genius commcerical. Here's to you Mr. way too much cologne wearer!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High