Baal/Chaos Merc for Hdin

duwhatduswim

Mar 10, 2011
Baal/Chaos Merc for Hdin

If I wanted to do Baal/Chaos runs with my hammerdin, should i go insight act 2 nightmare, or act 1 with ice? Wave 2 of baal slows me down quite a bit sometimes..

Any advice would be great!

Re: Baal/Chaos Merc for Hdin

I prefer an insight act 2 myself, but that's just personal preference.

I've found the second wave is very quickly dealt with by keeping a Bonehew on switch, with double Hel runes. Once a corpse drops, I use a handful of Corpse Explosion charges, and the wave drops very quickly. True, I do this primarily with my Blizzard sorc for the cold immunes, but it should work for an Hdin dealing with magic immunes as well. Best of luck to you whichever path you take!

i am able to solo hell baal with my hdin by doing this

merc is geared with eth cv insight/eth andys (socketed with a +30% fire res +6str jewel (ral works 2) and an eth fort )

merc is like a tank out of 50 + runs it never seems to die and only needs a poition ever now and again i just kill the mages that spawn and tele towards one thenstand behind a pillar and feed him pots as needed til lwave 2 is dead takes me like 20-30 seconds maybe a lil more to kill wave 2

i think maybe cheap baba merc will help u a lot! gaze (maybe umed,ias jewell, shael), nice eth treachery,labringer in eth legend sword or highland blade. result is: nice ias, nice resistances and dr (after fade), mdr, nice ele dmg, crowd control (sanctuary aura, decrepify), good chance to hit (-50%target defence), good dmg (including concentration), extra dmg against undead... or u can choice more expensive gear (neednt be better), but dont forget baba merc has stun, bash, better fhr and his fighting manners are better when he's lonely against such a group (u should help him with skele mags if he has no cbf item) many ways of equip: eth upped duri (cbf), doombringer, guly...andy, gloom, crescent moon (kingslayer,passion...)...gaze, grief, duress...lw, coh, coa... think it over ;)
edit: merc with lawbringer is very useful during tele against souls,dolls,knights...

i use an act 2 merc with an eth gaze (not sure what to put in yet, don't really need anything), eth fort and an obedience thresher

he's died once out of about 500+ pit, cow, trav, chaos and baal runs (500+ of each). he died in trav. his dmg is around 12-13k (with my concentration aura) and really helps with the phys immunes in baals throne. i might try insight to help with mana a bit but obedience also works well

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High