Diablo 4 Classes

Holyknight3000

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 5, 2008
Well what do you guys hope for the 4th and 5th classes will be?

I mean we know that there was a picture from blizzcon about the ranger.

EIaiP7zWwAAnXIv

source: Lord Fluffy twitter

But what would the 5th be? I personally hope for a blend of crusader and paladin. While the ranger has aspects of the Amazon with it.

Your thoughts?

HK

Reactions: Babyhell
I think a Paladin / Crusader is kind of inevitable though, the knight in full armour is such a Fantasy staple.

I’m still hoping for an Assassin. I would also like to see a Chaos Knight - Kind of a Paladin / Necro crossover.

I am here to see the corpse explosion for the necro so I think it would be nice to see that sooner rather than later.
Necro are made for expansions, meant to be added some time after the main package. You know it's sad but...

Hopefully not, I'm having a blast playing my D2 necro nowadays!

Reactions: In The Name of Zod
I'm hoping for a return to the roots of sorts with Diablo IV. I like the class systems in Grim Dawn or Last Epoch where you can specialize to give increased depth by molding rough characters into specialized elite classes. That'd give you a ton of character development. For example, a Warrior class "ascending" into a Marauder, Nightblade or Guardian somewhere mid-game depending on choices in their respective quests. But Diablo IV is probably going to play it real safe given what's been revealed about classes thus far and their very much needed Solid Title™ (so safe that I think there might just be some criticism about this post-launch)

If not this, I'd like to see Clerics!

These could take a page out of D&D and let you choose a deity to align with and be granted themed powers from. I think the Diablo games desperately need more attention to higher orders where you are not the higher order yourself, like a near-deity Nephalem in Diablo III. There's so much untapped here. The Diablo deities beyond Anu and Tathamet at best are barely known among the player base which is kind of amazing given rich pantheons are already there. Ytar is the God of the Sun, Inna is the Goddess of the Sky. And a dozen more. Call upon them to aid you in battle!

So Clerics with clubs, maces, maybe staves too, the raw D&D kind to fit in with the raw Diablo IV theme, with temporary defense and offense prayers to deities. I'd like that!

Other than this, I'd really like Amazons to get to that cool and pretty unique spear (throwing and not!) + bow combo. But Amazons are hardly a very unisex class, so maybe we need Rangers then. Demon Hunters? No, I'd rather leave that to World of Warcraft. In Diablo, we are all demon hunters.

Reactions: Werebear sandwich
I'm hoping for a return to the roots of sorts with Diablo IV. I like the class systems in Grim Dawn or Last Epoch where you can specialize to give increased depth by molding rough characters into specialized elite classes. That'd give you a ton of character development. For example, a Warrior class "ascending" into a Marauder, Nightblade or Guardian somewhere mid-game depending on choices in their respective quests. But Diablo IV is probably going to play it real safe given what's been revealed about classes thus far and their very much needed Solid Title™ (so safe that I think there might just be some criticism about this post-launch)

If not this, I'd like to see Clerics!

These could take a page out of D&D and let you choose a deity to align with and be granted themed powers from. I think the Diablo games desperately need more attention to higher orders where you are not the higher order yourself, like a near-deity Nephalem in Diablo III. There's so much untapped here. The Diablo deities beyond Anu and Tathamet at best are barely known among the player base which is kind of amazing given rich pantheons are already there. Ytar is the God of the Sun, Inna is the Goddess of the Sky. And a dozen more. Call upon them to aid you in battle!

So Clerics with clubs, maces, maybe staves too, the raw D&D kind to fit in with the raw Diablo IV theme, with temporary defense and offense prayers to deities. I'd like that!

Other than this, I'd really like Amazons to get to that cool and pretty unique spear (throwing and not!) + bow combo. But Amazons are hardly a very unisex class, so maybe we need Rangers then. Demon Hunters? No, I'd rather leave that to World of Warcraft. In Diablo, we are all demon hunters.

Have to agree with this. I would love to see Amazons but you are right about the sex problem so it's unlikely. That said I am sure there are plenty of players that would love to see the Amazon return.

Maybe a necrozon, that could be interesting. Although I played the curse and attack play style in Grim Dawn and it got old pretty fast. But a zon with an army of skelies for your defense could be good. It would be nice to be able to summon skeletons from your living enemies. Beat their health down, steal their skeleton and watch their meat-sack fall to the ground. These are the kinds of ideas needed to rebuild the spirit of the game.

Yes, completely new mashups is an interesting idea! "Necrozons" could work because they're naturally tuned for distance work thanks to their minions, so you're simply exchanging spells with weapons. The bow or crossbow skills could be death oriented. Bone or death arrows, imbued with forces from the netherworld, and passive skills like Corpse Explosion if killed by a critical hit to watch things go pop as you mow them down...

Another mashup might then be the Paladin/Crusader type but using spears instead with a unique ability to dual wield a spear and shield. It'd become a heavy infantry, phalanx like character. One could also combine that concept with a tree giving bonuses when using the mounts announced for Diablo IV to e.g. impale enemies as you ride into them.

A dark style knight like a Chaos Knight would be fun to play. A dark pirate like swashbuckler would be to, I wonder when they'll announce the other classes.

Honestly, I really hope that they put in every diablo class ever, and put in the work to make them all discreet. It would be tough, but it would be really nice for diablo veterans to not have to memorize a new system and for nostalgia.

Necromancer gets my vote. Easily my favorite class in both D2 and D3. Would love to see it return in D4.

That's true. Assassin was my second favorite in D2. Wouldn't mind seeing that make a comeback either. The demon hunter was a poor substitute, IMO, much like the witch doctor was a poor substitute for the necro.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High