ghost vs barb

fartcoma

Feb 8, 2011
ghost vs barb

i wanted to kno what ur item build was against a barb (im physical oriented)

Re: ghost vs barb

Get max dr ( or use fade), i had one a while ago 3 + years, but had chaos/fury, CoA, Fort, nice dual leech ring, ravens, upped shadow dancers, dracs metal grid, and i had a ton of lifers and ar charms in inventory. My main goal was having high def/life/dr/ar. Barbs have high life and def unless they are BvC. But besides the point use WoF to test his fhr. And just WW away from him. Poison will work its magic, hopefully you get some claw blocks. Barb is obviously a better melee fighter in the WW arena, so just play smarter

Helm: 2sin/20cast/99% AR per lvl, preferably 2 sockets, but 1 is fine
Amulet: Highlord's
Armor: Enigma
Claw1: Chaos Suwayyah, ofc.
Claw2: Feral's Fool's (2soc, UmUm)
Gloves: Trangs
Belt: Arach's
Ring1: Raven's (high ar)
Ring2: high ar, stats (mostly life).
Boots: Gores (non-upped)

Charms: AR / life. Ar/Dmg/Life if you can.

There is no "or use fade". Use it, definitely. You can't afford to lose your mobility, and the stuff that you ignore to keep it has the DR. Fade is maxed, and you have plenty of + skills. Ber'd circ gets you ~50 if your claws have + fade (still close if you cast just on BO side).

Unfortunately, there's much more to it than WWing away. It kills smiters and the like easily, but not WWers.

Mostly, they telestomp. As a barb, it's very tempting to assume the sin can't kill you first. Here's where you WW away. Make sure it's truly randomly done and isn't where he goes. Never trade whirls. If you do the trapping and MB, be ready to halt quickly if he's teleporting. WW medium and tele off.

If you're attacking him, get behind his WW and off to the side. Intersect him, meeting just behind the char, not before. Keep the Shadow and CoS up at all times.

If he WWs directly to you, WW perpendicular. If that follows, tele and flee--he's about to hit you and get out of desync. Lead him to where he goes directly to you and repeat direct strategy.

Most importantly, watch this and see if you can view what I'm talking about. It makes it clearer. Ultimately, it's a much higher learning curve than any other fight, so expect to lose. Even great sins aren't perfectly consistent, but do deliver nasty surprises. Don't play to ****--you never will. Just have fun with it. ;)

it aint easy, but it is possible to beat a BvC with an enigma ghost. it's a lot easier if you can get a high end BO.

i find the 'best' method is to apply a neat little BvB trick.

in bvb against a far stronger opponent, and usually a good idea in any bvb duel, the key is to get in as many unopposed hitchecks as possible, the more the merrier.

try and time your whirl or telewhirl so you can cut them as they are exiting their whirl animation.

don't trade whirlyfests with a bvc, it's gonna get you dead.

trap, lock, hit and run. keep your shadow out, throw stars. i use a fools claw instead of a fury. load up on AR.

my search-fu is good today!
from this old thread on the same subject

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1861/chickenbrothay8.jpg
please note ping.
i may even still have that ear too...
ChickenBroth was a very good BvC during ladder three and posted here as Akumaxxyz. we had many a gfg slugfest.

Sass said:
There is no "or use fade". Use it, definitely. You can't afford to lose your mobility,
quoted here for truth.

Charms: AR / life. Ar/Dmg/Life if you can.

There is no "or use fade". Use it, definitely. You can't afford to lose your mobility, and the stuff that you ignore to keep it has the DR. Fade is maxed, and you have plenty of + skills. Ber'd circ gets you ~50 if your claws have + fade (still close if you cast just on BO side).

Unfortunately, there's much more to it than WWing away. It kills smiters and the like easily, but not WWers.

Mostly, they telestomp. As a barb, it's very tempting to assume the sin can't kill you first. Here's where you WW away. Make sure it's truly randomly done and isn't where he goes. Never trade whirls. If you do the trapping and MB, be ready to halt quickly if he's teleporting. WW medium and tele off.

If you're attacking him, get behind his WW and off to the side. Intersect him, meeting just behind the char, not before. Keep the Shadow and CoS up at all times.

If he WWs directly to you, WW perpendicular. If that follows, tele and flee--he's about to hit you and get out of desync. Lead him to where he goes directly to you and repeat direct strategy.

Most importantly, watch this and see if you can view what I'm talking about. It makes it clearer. Ultimately, it's a much higher learning curve than any other fight, so expect to lose. Even great sins aren't perfectly consistent, but do deliver nasty surprises. Don't play to ****--you never will. Just have fun with it. ;)

thanks for the input from all. i wanted to kno if this should be the strategy vs shield barbs as i jus use widow with 65 fcr with kb seems pretty easy. also another question not related to topic i use gchaos/feral fury setup, is it better for gchaos/gfury or a gchaos/ggfools general speaking vs all chars remember im physical oriented i like to stunlock and triwhirl

VS most, stick with Fury. You only need Fool's vs hdins, V/Ts and barbs.

Are you sure about raven? I heard can be frozen is more beneficial for ww. On the other hand it will slow down how fast you use your traps. Also should you make enigma out of heavy armor for slower frw?

Are you sure about raven? I heard can be frozen is more beneficial for ww. On the other hand it will slow down how fast you use your traps. Also should you make enigma out of heavy armor for slower frw?

I am by no means as experienced as some ghost/wwsin players on here, but in my opinion, slow ww movement speed would get you killed. More hitchecks = more damage, but I don't want to stay that close to the barb for long. I want to catch him with his pants down really quickly, then move on and wait for another opening.

Frozen benefits like this: your attacks hit the same amount, but you move out of range in less time (takes longer due to slow movement). That equals more hits. However, the problem is moving slowly. VS a stationary target, this isn't a problem. Anything other than a low FHR sorc, however, needs mobility. Tri-whirls, or being near a barb, you need speed.\

Engima needs to stay. Not only does it maintain your WW speed, it gives you tele. Without that, you are worse than a sitting duck for any barb. You'll only trade whirls, and you are unable to get the "unanswered hits" Meph alludes to. To move, running and walking both drop all block, but tele keeps it. You need block here.

I am by no means as experienced as some ghost/wwsin players on here, but in my opinion, slow ww movement speed would get you killed. More hitchecks = more damage, but I don't want to stay that close to the barb for long. I want to catch him with his pants down really quickly, then move on and wait for another opening.
QTF.

Honestly, it can be a good bit of hit and run on your part. You don't want to sit and try to tank or out damage a barb. Instead, play to your strengths: mobility, and DoT. Even physical Ghosts have Venom and OW, so use it to your advantage.

Also take note that open wounds' duration is 8 seconds. If a barb is really proving tough or I'm feeling particularly cheap or vicious, I will wait ~8 seconds after a good WW before attempting to WW him again. After all, this is "free" damage: he's dying by inches while I'm a screen or so away, keeping him on the minimap but not allowing him to get within WW distance.

If all else fails and I get frustrated, I break out Widowmaker, stick on Cat's Eye, cast BoS, and give him a run for his money. Even if you still die due to misteleportation or running out of mana pots, the barb should be ready to pull out his hair (well, eyebrows maybe) by the time he gets you. If he breaks out a Widowmaker, too, well... good luck.

If he breaks out Widow, he dies.

Why do you say this? He can keep widow on swap, suck up the lost levels of BO, and retain the ability to WW me down if I screw up anything.

Perhaps I've merely had a few bad experiences.

He's vulnerable. He has to swap and then WW.

Get close, get him to WW and you can get behind him. If he messes up, you're close and can WW him with his bow out.

when its duel wield or fort its easy, but when they get shield on diff story

He's vulnerable. He has to swap and then WW.

Get close, get him to WW and you can get behind him. If he messes up, you're close and can WW him with his bow out.

Much the same as when I'm using widow, except I lose my BO when we spend 5 minutes trading GA. Vs. a barb that matches my tactics, I believe I'm at a disadvantage.

Hence why using a bow is a bad idea unless you make it a very main strategy. With abnormally heavy trap stunning and KB, bows can work. You can keep BO if you use the cube.

If you use it, commit to it. If you don't, the barb can catch you with the bow out, which is never good.

If resorting to Widow, you just trap more heavily, stun more, and keep a farther distance.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High