Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Re: Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

I'd like to vote for extending this day for a day or two, I can't myself really do much, being busy for a few days.

i guess everyone is gearing up for tomorrow night...

i have no idea what his motivation was. but we needed a lynch. and if he was going to sacrifice himself, why the hell not? why do you think he voted form himself, Uraj?

The wording of sacrifice implies to me that you either suspected or knew he was town. Do you think knowing Nolecub's alignment will lead to knowing who is a mafiaoso/cult member? If yes, who and why?

As for your question, it was already answered in the post.
So Leo, what do you think was Nolecub's motivation for the self-vote? It seemed to me that he was a frustrated townie but what was your view on him?
Emphasis added. Kind of like Ankeli in the Futurama game. I considered he might be a VI but his other posts didn't really seem like he was trying to draw attention as a VI might.

Feysal;7772495 I hope this is not the case said:
I wonder though if even a 24 hour extension will be enough time. 24 hours extra would put the end of the day at 3pm EST-noon Pacific on New Year's Day. Will YAWP and those partcipating in them be around to resolve the fights? Is 48 hours too much extra time? If so maybe pause the game and restart again with 24 hours on New Year's Day at the normal start/stop time.

You almost managed to obfuscate me with this, but I think I understood what you're saying. To explain it, hopefully somewhat more clear:

1. You believe there are two recruiting groups, anti-town and pro-town. You believe that both groups can talk privately.

2. You believe the anti-town group can kill by trying to recruit and failing. The pro-town group cannot kill at all.

3. You believe Dragomir was recruited by the pro-town group and thus became unrecruitable by the anti-town group, who killed him.

4. You believe this means Dragomir has shared his information with the pro-town group, and you don't need to say anything in public.

Mostly correct. I know there are two specifically named recruiting groups/factions/entities. I would replace 'believe' with 'assume' for the rest of the list. It comes closer to my intended meaning. Your list #2 is the big assumption on my part. The rest are logical assumptions based on recruitment in general or are based on #2.

If those assumptions are true, then I believe it's safer for me to stay silent. If those assumptions are not true, then all bets are off. In that case, my unspoken beliefs may not be relevant or true.

I hope this is not the case, and people actually are busy because of new year. Having fights stall the game does not bode well.

I don't know if voting or lynching will mess up fighting. I want some votes and discussion on Sathoris, but I also want to see a fight. Perhaps others are thinking the same. I'd like YAWP to chime in on when fights occur, just so we don't stall the game waiting in anticipation.

I've seen enough to vote for Sathoris right now, so I guess I'll vote anyway, just to keep the game going. While there is no giant sign saying "Sathoris is mafia," there are a number of smaller signs saying "Sathoris could be mafia."

• He tried to label Gorny as VI on D1.
  • He voted for and helped lynch what appears to be a pro-town power role.
  • He was implicitly given the Finger of Suspicion by said possible pro-town power role.
  • He gave the obligatory "Woe be unto us for lynching a pro-town power role" plea.
  • He voted for someone sharing many posting habits of said pro-town power role.
  • He implied some unusual ideas when voting for Leo, but primarily: Leo wanted Gorny dead despite her not voting for Gorny.

Each sign, on it's own, isn't much. But when multiple independent signs start pointing to the same conclusion, you begin to wonder how they can possibly ALL be wrong.

Vote: Sathoris

All the talk of extending this or that might be premature. We don't know if the fight will happen before end of day. If we know that the fight will happen before end of day, and conclude with enough time to vote afterward, then I vote to extend the day. If we know that the fight will happen after end of day, then I'm not sure a 24hr daytime extension will help.

For any fights, I'd like both combatants to agree upon a time that they can both be around, I'll try to be on.

Would anyone object to me making this next night 48 hours long? Just to cover New Years and start the next Day on the second?

For any fights, I'd like both combatants to agree upon a time that they can both be around, I'll try to be on.

Would anyone object to me making this next night 48 hours long? Just to cover New Years and start the next Day on the second?

was not aware this was an important part of fighting. I am heading out of town tomorrow morning and wont be back till Sunday.

Vote: Sathoris

Apparently a fight isn't going to happen unless it happens in the next hour or so. Going on a Gorny hunch at this point

I think playing through New Years should be mandatory. I'd like to see a lot of drunk posts. We have a golden opportunity here, folks.

I'm terribly sorry for my inactivity during this day phase, but I've been suffering from a pretty bad flu / cough / fever for the past 2 days, 3rd and counting going on. Happy New Year, yeah, right. :(

Anyway, Goryani, seeing as Dragomir bit it and he was the other one to give off information about the cult, I'd spill out as much as I could during this day phase if I was you. I'm telling you to reveal all your cards, and trusting on the doc. We need all the info we can get, especially if we were originally facing (still are?) 2 recruiting factions.

Vote: nurman

Despite being busy, he's been very "stalky" throughout the entire game, bans or no bans.

I'm not sure Gorny actually had a power role. The name Ogrim Doomhammer by itself seems important, but to me the Rogue Adventurer was the role. Which I would take as saying that he had a DPS role. The only thing I found that might have indicated he had more than a basic role started with a post where he capitalized Vendetta mid-sentence. He later linked the Vendetta Rogue skill that apparently "Marks an enemy for death." Though he also could have just been hinting he was a rogue. Along those lines I think some of the youtube videos might have been to hint that he was Ogrim Doomhammer.

Do you have any other thoughts to suggest Gorny indeed had a power role?

I'd really prefer the day was extended 24 hours once before extending the night again. Especially since you weren't online to start handling the fight earlier. Does TC have enough info to take over for some of the fights in the future?

I'm always stalky.

• He tried to label Gorny as VI on D1.
  • He was implicitly given the Finger of Suspicion by said possible pro-town power role.
  • He gave the obligatory "Woe be unto us for lynching a pro-town power role" plea.
  • He voted for someone sharing many posting habits of said pro-town power role.
  • He implied some unusual ideas when voting for Leo, but primarily: Leo wanted Gorny dead despite her not voting for Gorny.

Each sign, on it's own, isn't much. But when multiple independent signs start pointing to the same conclusion, you begin to wonder how they can possibly ALL be wrong.

I appreciate the effort into scum hunting but let me alleviate those concerns for you.

• I never labbeled Gorny as a VI. The first one to suggest VI was actually Trionth in post 80:
Also, what if Gorny is trying to get himself killed? Village idiot maybe?Who's Leeroy?

Then Feysal in post 82:

Personally, I'd say that the only role he could be is village idiot. Nothing else would be as fitting.

Then Leo in post 86:

yeah, Gorny... ya a VI? if so, im going to let you live so you won't have the pleasure of winning!

I in fact never even said he was a VI. I just said that I'm willing to run the risk of him being a VI because we need a lynch. (post 147)

Forgot to add. I'm willing to lynch Gorny dispite the chance he's a VI. Unless we come up with a better suspect in 6 hours time I think we need a lynch and Gorny's lynch does tell us something.

• Yes I helped lynch Gorny as did 7 others who also saw we needed a lynch after not getting one on D1. Gorny was in no way acting like a pro-town player so saying I contributed to lynching a pro-town player is in hindsight very cowardly and untrue.
  • Yes Gorny voted for me, I don't know why. His reasoning was the same as his playstyle this game; stirring the pot and trying to grab attention.
  • Are you kidding me? I don't regret voting for Gorny, under the circumstances it was the best thing to do. It's Gorny's fault he ended up getting lynched and costing the town. I posted this:
Feeling a bit upset about Gorny. Doomhammer is one of the biggest hero's of the horde. He must've had some sort of special ability. I really can't imagine what Gorny was getting at.

I wasn't saying the town should be feeling misery for lynching Gorny. I was angry at Gorny for making him lynch us.

• Many? Leo posted as she always does, I already mentioned this in an earlier post. On the next day when Gorny was lynched she changed and started insinuating things in the same manner Gorny did: mystery. I was still upset about the loss of a power role so I voted for her because to me it looked like she wanted us to lynch Gorny and she paraded it around.
  • Yes it was a theory, based on her change of posting style. I actually didn't look back if she voted for Gorny, but nonetheless I thought she knew something. I voted for her to try and get her to respond about it. It's the reason I vote and if you check back in other games you will see I always vote a lot.

You're list is full of inaccuries and you're bending them to fit your theory. I don't like that.

Unvote: Leopold Stotch
Vote: Goryani

With New Year's coming up I suggest we just freeze the game for two days. When this day is finished we can just freeze the game for 48 hours and continue with 24 hours of day phase when it resumes. That way we can get a possible lynch and Bad Ash and I can do our fight without rushing.

Yeah, it would be pretty good idea.

With New Year's coming up I suggest we just freeze the game for two days. When this day is finished we can just freeze the game for 48 hours and continue with 24 hours of day phase when it resumes. That way we can get a possible lynch and Bad Ash and I can do our fight without rushing.

Good idea. Consider the game frozen at this point this point. I'll unfreeze it in about 48 1/2 hours (that will put it at 1200 on January 2nd for me) and there will be an additional 24 hours to politic, argue, fight and hopefully lynch a bad guy. Or a good guy. Or a neutral guy.

Votes has been updated.

Good idea. Consider the game frozen at this point this point. I'll unfreeze it in about 48 1/2 hours (that will put it at 1200 on January 2nd for me) and there will be an additional 24 hours to politic, argue, fight and hopefully lynch a bad guy. Or a good guy. Or a neutral guy.

In typing a big long post, I preview and see this. Does freezing the game mean no more posting? Sorry if this breaks any rule, but I can't send this via PM because of storage space.

It has been more than 48 hours now, and we're past the usual time when day phases have started and ended. Should we continue to wait, or assume that the day has been unfrozen?

It seems that YAWP has not been online this year at all. Thus I'm giving you all 20 hours of day after which I shall tally the votes and end the day. Hopefully YAWP will get back by then. Happy New Year.

I don't expect a lot of action until tomorrow - seems like New year's is absorbing the entire weekend. Goryani, I'[d be interested in seeing your lengthy post.

Fight: Sathoris?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High