CB and Frenzy

Demoquin

Nov 20, 2008
CB and Frenzy

Would a Frenze barb using a CB setup be beneficial? I have made a kicksin with CB was wondering if the same can be applied to barbs.

Also

Just lvled to 40. What gear should i be looking for?
I have

2 Ali-Baba
Complete Sigon - shield
2% mana leach ring / 77 AR
4 BO (2 war cry helm)
6 str 25 LR ammy

Re: CB and Frenzy

barbs do far more raw damage than kicksins so cb importance is smaller

Killer avatar, Chuck Schuldiner was one of my main influences as a guitarist and musician :D I've also been entertaining the notion of a CB setup for both general PvM and Ubers on a Frenzybarb, though I'm beginning to think my goals on it might be unrealistic. I'm aiming for :

-NO MERC! Little buggers are expensive...
-Retention of damage outside CB (so no LW PB's)
-Obviously 5 fpa Frenzy
-Enough resists to survive UT, with or without LT
-CB of 70% or so at all times
-Indestructible weapons...I hate seeing a 6 digit repair number
-ITD. Auto-hit in PvM is goooood
-Enigma...the REAL sticking point

The real snag seems to be doing all of this with one gear set. PB's seem to require the least investment in IAS gear off the weapon, with Grief being the top of the food chain there, but it has 0 CB. I'd entertained the notion of Guillame's + Gores + Duress, but again, no teleporting to keyhunt. Now possibly Guilla's+Gores+Highlord's (50% CB, 61% DS, 20% IAS, 30% FHR, but no res) with belt/jewelry/inventory to cover the rest might work, using Dual Grief PB's, but that looks mighty anemic in the resistance department...on the bright side, those three base pieces of gear will have 50% CB and 81% DS at all times, so it would be downright ridiculously lethal in PvM, and probably shave down ubers pretty fast too, due to Grief rocking so hard. LT would come from Drac's, which combined with Ravenfrost and Nature's insures I don't get frozen and keeps things from regenerating with all the OW on gear.

The one open socket in this setup would most likely be an Um in Guillame's, or a jewel equivalent.

Will I ultimately have to stash a CoH for UT? I can't see anything in normal PvM being a credible threat with that setup so long as I have maxed (non-Conviction-ed) resists and keep swinging.

EDIT : I'm also entertaining the idea of trying to integrate either EBotD Zerkers or Grief PB/LW PB with a casting switch, to get at least the 63% BP for teleporting quicker. I'll post what I find out (and in the case of the latter, Guillame's becomes unnecessary).

Last edited:

Best set up I've used was 1 last wish pb and 1 grief pb , but 2 last wish PBS did get the job done

I'm thinking about making a death Zerker axe (50% CB) to use with my grief on my frenzy barb personaly. I'm going to give that a try once I get the runes together.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High