Sorc build

crzy

Oct 25, 2010
Sorc build

I am making sorc for rune finding(generally travincal runs). I think one element would be the best cuz I have strong might merc. Should I go with fo or blizzard or something else? Stats wise - energy or vita build? Also I wanna be able to rush people and clean hell cows fast. Note that I dont have infinity,griffons, deaths fantom for now.

Re: Sorc build

You'll want a hybrid sorc for Trav runs.

Meteorb? I dunno, I don't bother with Travincal.

Pure cold is an excellent choice for the council. Toorc is always CI (though one of the few breakables with Infinity) and Ismail can spawn CI, but everything should fall leaving your merc without too much work. There can be CI vampires around, though, IIRC. I'd strongly advise against Meteorb considering the three superunique council members are all FI, with two of the three sets of minions also fire immune.

As a hybrid, I'd strongly recommend a Blova, especially if you have access to full Tal's. Her Nova can take care of the odd CI (and help with rushing) while maintaining a sufficient Blizzard to kill non-CI very quickly. Basically, you'll be missing one synergy (I recommend skipping Spike) and have a lower CM than a pure Blizzard sorceress.

In regards to vita vs energy, I recommend pure vita. Energy shield is too much investment for not enough gain, in my opinion, especially with the lower damage.

Tried fo/nova with fully synergised nova and tal set. Kinda disappointing results, it was running very slow and respec'd to blizz for mfing. IIRC -enemy res makes the dual sorc efficient and I dont have such items /other than tal set/. Atm I have mainly +skills items /hoto,nightwings,coh,spirit,mara,some cold skillers/ and thats why Im leaning toward frozen orb build but still not sure about getting a 2nd attack skill.
FO/Enchant build sounds interesting but Im not really into experiments. Anyone used it?

blizzball might work well. If your merc is strong enough pure blizz might be faster though.

Blizzard is going to be a better option than FO, whether hybrid or not. The council is clustered exceptionally well, which is where Blizzard really shines. Blizzards also affords you the ability to drop a Blizz and tele away if the situation gets hairy (hydras with conviction, eg) while still doing damage.

Blizzball is going to end up with the same problem as Meteorb. Fire just isn't a good idea for the council. It's only going to be useful against the LI minions, which account for less than a third of the council, while the rest are all FI, and which Blizzard will kill *way* before Fireball. That means FB is the suboptimal choice (if it can kill at all) in all situations except the possible junk CI around the council.

Nova should be sufficient with Full Tal's. Just that -15eLR should help significantly. Just don't expect it to be a room killer; it's your backup spell. I had a Blova that ran /p8 Hell Baal's without too much issue and was able to kill CI Lister quick enough. If you're playing on /p1 (which I'm guessing you'd be MFing on), then Nova is definitely going to be strong enough. Remember, it's only for the odd CI; just use Blizz+Blast for non-CI.

there's no point in going fire/frost for council because the one member that is always cold immune is always fire immune as well.

i have a sorc that does trav, but she's pure lightning with infinity merc and griffons (and 1700% gold find gear... 65k gold stacks are fun lol).

my advice would be to just stay away from council until you get an infinity. I did keyruns before i got mine (still do keyruns actually, nihl drops tons of gold) ( i also have a cheap frenzy barb to turn keys into torches...).

Blizzard is going to be a better option than FO, whether hybrid or not. The council is clustered exceptionally well, which is where Blizzard really shines. Blizzards also affords you the ability to drop a Blizz and tele away if the situation gets hairy (hydras with conviction, eg) while still doing damage.

Blizzball is going to end up with the same problem as Meteorb. Fire just isn't a good idea for the council. It's only going to be useful against the LI minions, which account for less than a third of the council, while the rest are all FI, and which Blizzard will kill *way* before Fireball. That means FB is the suboptimal choice (if it can kill at all) in all situations except the possible junk CI around the council.

Nova should be sufficient with Full Tal's. Just that -15eLR should help significantly. Just don't expect it to be a room killer; it's your backup spell. I had a Blova that ran /p8 Hell Baal's without too much issue and was able to kill CI Lister quick enough. If you're playing on /p1 (which I'm guessing you'd be MFing on), then Nova is definitely going to be strong enough. Remember, it's only for the odd CI; just use Blizz+Blast for non-CI.
I don't get your logic. 20FB+20Fb+1FM is just about 1 point more than 20Nova+20LM. Unless you're advocating leaving LM at 1, which I think will let it too weak even with Tals. I'd have to study the case better but I think Blizzball is not a bad choice. Static+TK+merc can take care of dual immune without much pain.

I don't get your logic. 20FB+20Fb+1FM is just about 1 point more than 20Nova+20LM. Unless you're advocating leaving LM at 1, which I think will let it too weak even with Tals. I'd have to study the case better but I think Blizzball is not a bad choice. Static+TK+merc can take care of dual immune without much pain.

It's not the Blizzball is terrible, it's that having fire is pointless against the council. All three superuniques are FI, meaning Blizzard will be the only thing killing them; two sets of their minions are FI meaning FB is pointless; the last set of minions is LI and will be dead before FB becomes a factor. If you are going to rely on Static+TK+merc, your probably just as good (if not better) off going with pure-Blizzard.

My real point is the FB is only beneficial against the junk CI mobs that might spawn, while it's guaranteed none of the council members can be CI+LI, meaning you add DPS against CI+FI (Toorc and a CE Ismail) while still being able to deal with the CI junk mobs quickly.

It just seems to me that Nova adds more than FB against the council.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High