1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

I know for sure that +6 skill Javelins are possible (magic only affixes) and that +3 is max on an orb, with up to 3/3/3 as staffmods.

I have not heard any reports of it bugging in any way, like the mpk rings.

I think it's just that you can only imbue crafted orbs since they can't spawn white.

Does anyone knows the recipe for lesser caster boots??

These recipe doesn't seems to work.

caster boots -> Leather Boots + Jewel + Eld + ame

Light Plated Boots + Jewel + Eld Rune + Perfect Amethyst -> Lesser Caster Boots

I can't seem to find LEATHER BOOTS. I also tried Light plated boots but it doesn't work, i even tried a magic light plated boots but it doesn't work either.

Thanks.

have you tried just plain boots? That's the current caster boot and they would be analogous to the basic gloves which are leather gloves.

Leather Boots = Boots....but they can't be plain, they must be magic(blue), not white, grey, yellow, green, orange, or gold.

In fact, all the ARMOR crafts that I've tried have required blue base items (many of the greater crafts require bases that can only be racked*, as they aren't sold by any vendors and are too high a TC to be dropped by mobs). WEAPON crafts, however, will accept ANY item that can be equipped as a weapon, regardless of quality...this includes quest items like Kalim's Will, the Horadric Staff, the Hellforge Hammer, even Wirt's Leg. For the ultimate in WTF, you can even craft something like this...
Code:
Exploding Potion
Throw Damage: 0 to 1
Quantity: 17
Required Level: 12
Equip to Throw - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x24983a44
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
+1 to Maximum Damage
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Frost Nova when struck

* I'm not sure if chests can drop these items, but I don't remember noticing any...you might also be able to gamble some of them, but I know that gambling for elite belts was broken in 1.09, and I expect that it is in 1.07 as well...anyone know for sure??

WoRG

@Galtwish: the partial set bonuses work on my 1.07 set items...did you mean pre-1.07?

WoRG

Sorry, should have qualified that statement. There are additional bonuses added on (Trang's fire spells, frex) that were not added until 1.10.

IK belt/gloves/boots are still amazing, though.

My first bugged mpk ring:

Code:
Prefix 1092 Ring
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x10f5b0c4
+7 to Mana After Each Kill

Seems to be a lot of action in this thread these days, is anyone up for a 1.07MP game some time next week maybe? I have exams but breaks are always welcome :)

/g

@Baqarah - nice one! :)

I was thinking about asking if anyone was interested in running cows for some exp myself. :)

My chars are mainly in NM/Hell. Have my Sorc in A4 Hell, a fury druid in A1 Hell currently running NM Baal and a Hunter Druid doing the same. If we take on Diablo & Baal I will be able to Cowrun with you, but at the moment thats just not a possibilty :D

/g

Sethyboy created a 1.07 Hamachi group and has been waiting for some company... check his post in the MP forum.

My chars are mainly in NM/Hell. Have my Sorc in A4 Hell, a fury druid in A1 Hell currently running NM Baal and a Hunter Druid doing the same. If we take on Diablo & Baal I will be able to Cowrun with you, but at the moment thats just not a possibilty :D

/g

Sure, I can lend a hand if you need.

Guys, is the "eth" bug vaiable in 1.07 or is it only in later versions? Bought this at the old stop and shop tonight, want puncha few holes in it and use it for my fury wolf;
Axe of awsome

SheaShaeEth or ShaeEth depending on sockets? What do you think?

/g

update: other eq is hwains armour, jalals, craft cb gloves, rare boots, mavs belt, angelic combo+bugged 29ll ring.

And some other stuff I wanted to ask;

I have found a stable Russet Armour rack, but its in A3 NM Durance level 2, can this still drop Skullders? There is a stable armour rack on level 3 as well dropping curiass', is Duriels Shell avaiable in 1.07? Worth racking?

AAANNNDDD finally, does anyone in here run with 556%MF? Would love to know how you guys hit that bp - some graphical analysis would be great :)

Last edited:

AAANNNDDD finally, does anyone in here run with 556%MF? Would love to know how you guys hit that bp - some graphical analysis would be great :)

+1 esp. the "graphical" part.

3 questions:

1. Is it possible to craft ethereal stuff? 500%+ed eth self rep 3os weapon is kinda appealing. It's not possible in 1.09+, but I dont know about 1.07.

2. How does the 50% max ed from eth weapons work with crafts/imbues? Is it possible to imbue an item that was brought forward to 1.13 and still have the max dam enh?

3. I want to craft a Hydra Bow. First try = little under 300ed. I read somewhere that you can craft a crafted weapon (no need to buy any more Hydra Bows) and Hydra Bow's qlvl is high enough to craft it with cruel's with any clvl. Is that true? So I only need my char to be 78lvl to have 4 affixes, right?

Last edited:

1. I think it works the same, so ethereal will get overwritten.

2. Haven't tried this but I noticed from rerolling charms that the game sets the item version to 1.10 so I'm afraid the extra ed will disappear.

3. Yes, the weapon recipes will accept any kind of weapon and Hydra Bow's qlvl is high enough.

+1 esp. the "graphical" part.

3 questions:

1. Is it possible to craft ethereal stuff? 500%+ed eth self rep 3os weapon is kinda appealing. It's not possible in 1.09+, but I dont know about 1.07.

2. How does the 50% max ed from eth weapons work with crafts/imbues? Is it possible to imbue an item that was brought forward to 1.13 and still have the max dam enh?

3. I want to craft a Hydra Bow. First try = little under 300ed. I read somewhere that you can craft a crafted weapon (no need to buy any more Hydra Bows) and Hydra Bow's qlvl is high enough to craft it with cruel's with any clvl. Is that true? So I only need my char to be 78lvl to have 4 affixes, right?

1. Ethereal goes away for all the cube recipes, just like later versions. Imbuing doesn't affect it.

2. I did some experiments a while ago with 1.07 ethereal crystal swords but I don't think I wrote it up. I remember it being kind of weird- something like that sometimes the "enhanced max damage" persisted and sometimes not. I remember whatever the result was, being disappointed in it as a potential method for getting good items. It may have been that if the item spawns an ED% affix, the "enhanced maximum damage" got overwritten, but otherwise it persisted.

3. One piece of misinformation about crafting bows in various 1.07 threads is that there aren't any 1.07 Grand Matron Bows. They don't drop from monsters, they don't drop from racks, they can't be shopped or gambled but they can be given as Anya rescue quest rewards to amazons. It's not a great chance but it can happen. I chose that several batches of rushed forge mules were amazons to get some 1.07 GMBs but I haven't crafted those yet. Yet another incomplete project for me...

Shame about eth crafting :(.

I guess I have to do some charsi reward rush and see for myself.
It may have been that if the item spawns an ED% affix, the "enhanced maximum damage" got
overwritten, but otherwise it persisted.
Isnt it like with runewords? The enh dam is hidden when you put runes in the base, but the damage overall is with 50% max.

Yeah, I knew about the GMB, but I really dont want to rush my characters (I dont like multi instances) and leveling in 1.07 is painfully boring especially on /p1.

You may wanna hold on to that bow instead of rerolling it...

I haven't tested bows yet, but if the alvls work out the same in 1.07 as in 1.09, a little over 300%ED would be as good as it gets...

Unfortunately, the qlvls of elite weapons in 1.07 are a good bit lower than in later patches (Hydra Bow is qlvl74, vs qlvl85 in later patches), and combined with the fact that you can only craft to ilvl 65 (clvl99 * 0.66), this means that only a handful of elite weapons can spawn cruel on a craft, and none of them can get masters or grandmasters...

Like I said, I haven't tested bows, so I can't say for sure...the best way to test is to shop another hydra bow and use the 3 Pgem reroll formula (resets the ilvl to 1, so ONLY the qlvl will determine the affixes available) a bunch of times and see if it ever spawns Cruel...

BTW, any clvl can get 4 affixes on a craft, clvl 78 (=ilvl51) will get at least 3 and may get 4...
WoRG

Last edited:

the fact that you can only craft to ilvl 65 (clvl99 * 0.66)

I am very confused with this one. I thought that this rules applies to crafting (from A.Summit):
(1) ilvl = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * ilvl)
The ilvl calculated in (1) has to undergo two checks and possible modifications. First, ilvl is capped at 99:

(2) if ilvl > 99 then ilvl = 99
Then qlvl and ilvl are compared. The higher number is used for further calculations:

(3) if qlvl > ilvl then ilvl = qlvl
The final step is to determine the affix level. If the ilvl is smaller than 99 – int(qlvl/2) then the affix level is ilvl – int(qlvl/2). Otherwise the affix level is ilvl*2 – 99:

(4) if ilvl < (99 – int(qlvl/2)= then affix level = ilvl - int(qlvl/2) else affix level = ilvl * 2 - 99.
It's also worth noting that the ilvl, the quality and the properties of the jewel are completely irrelevant and don't affect the outcome at all.

Hydra Bow's qlvl is 76 (as written in Addendum, but I could shop and craft it with a ~84 lvl char to get 2*84-99 = 69 alvl, which is enough to get Grandmasters Cruel Hydra Bow of Alactrity and Evisceration ;).

As the matter of fact, Im pretty sure my bow has "Cruel" affix (cruel that spawns on magic items has alvl of 51, and magic affixes can spawn on crafts in 1.07):
Code:
Brimstone Song
Hydra Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 39 to 268
Required Dexterity: 161
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 74
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x24486592
+18 to Life
+295% Enhanced Damage 
3% Life stolen per hit
43% Damage to Undead
+71 to Attack Rating against Undead

I will try to larzuk it, with 3 sockets its a nice bow, gonna keep it.

In 1.07, crafting is different from later patches...first, the ilvl of the base item is completely irrelevant, the only thing that matters is clvl, which is multiplied by 0.66, rather than the 0.5 of later patches...so clvl makes a bigger difference, but gets no help from base item ilvl. Max crafting ilvl in 1.07 is 99 * 0.66 = 65. The number of additional affixes does seem to follow the same formula as later patches:
Code:
ilvl  1-30 : 40% chance of 1 affix, 20% chance each for 2, 3 or 4 affixes
ilvl 31-50 : 60% chance of 2 affixes, 20% chance each for 3 or 4 affixes
ilvl 51-70 : 80% chance of 3 affixes, 20% chance for four affixes
ilvl   71+ :100% chance of 4 affixes
note that because crafted ilvl is clvl * 0.66, you need to be clvl 47 for ilvl 31, and clvl 78 to get ilvl 51...you can never get ilvl 71+ to guarantee 4 affixes.

points (2) (3) and (4) are all correct.

You can tell from the ilvl of your bow (47) that you crafted it with a clvl 72 character...

I agree that it looks like your bow has Cruel...that is great, as I'd like to eventually craft one myself...you may be right that the qlvl of hydra bow is 76, that would be high enuff (my notes say qlvl74, which JUST misses it) or it may be that the alvl of some of the higher level affixes is a bit lower as well...either is good news for crafters :)

I'm still pretty dang sure that grandmasters is out of reach for crafting, but a Lord's Cruel Hydra Bow of Alacrity and Evisceration would still be mighty sweet :)

Maybe some of the other forum members who have done alot of crafting could share their experiences...I really do wonder about some of the higher alvl affixes in 1.07...

WoRG

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High