Perfect Bow

Cursing

Nov 9, 2010
Perfect Bow

Hi guys.

I a, testing different bows for bowazon in single. And I teset Brand, faith, wrath, windforce and Perfect Rare MB.

Please let me know if it possible to spawn the following mods on Rare MB:

Matriarhal Bow

5% chance to cast 1 lvl Amplify Damage on striking - procing suffix
2 to bow&crossbow skills - automod
300ed - prefix Cruel
150ed/250ar - prefix Master's
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) 0.75-74.25 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level) - prefix Grinding
20ias - suffix Alacrity
+20 to Maximum Damage - suffix Slaughter
+20 to Minimum Damage - suffix Transcendence

socket - 40ed/15maxdmg jewel

finally we will get:
490ed
+109 to max dmg
+20 to min dmg

and near 130-383 damage on bow.

Re: Perfect Bow

gmb is better for testing, mat bow has hardly any reason to use it at all

u can only have 3 pre and 3 suffixe
u have 3 pre and 4 suffixes on ur bow
and also grinding and cruel are in the same group, so only one can spawn

the auto mod can also be up to +3 bow, you only have +2.

@CDM: You're thinking about whites, rares only can get +2. :p

For the most part, see what Krupa has said. You have 3/4 affixes when you can only have 3/3, and two of your prefixes are in the same group.

Better:
300% ED (Cruel)
250 AR, 150% ED (Master's)
2 Open Sockets (Mechanic's)
20 Increased Attack Speed (Alcarity)
20 Maximum (Slaughter)
20 Minimum (Transcendence)
+2 Bow/Xbow Skills (Automod)

well.

is procing suffix - CtC amplify - is real suffix or it is another mod?

is Fool's in the same group as Cruel as well?

Fool's + (16.5 Per Character Level) 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating / + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0.5-49.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)

gmb is better for testing, mat bow has hardly any reason to use it at all

gmb is not an option, because it is very slow and we do not have fanatism aura equipped.

well.

is procing suffix - CtC amplify - is real suffix or it is another mod?

is Fool's in the same group as Cruel as well?

Fool's + (16.5 Per Character Level) 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating / + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0.5-49.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)

gmb is not an option, because it is very slow and we do not have fanatism aura equipped.

Yes, CtC Amplify Damage is a real suffix. It's not an automod.

Fool's is in the same group as Master's. You can have Cruel + Fool's or Cruel + Master's.

If you go GMB, you can always hit 8 fpa... I know many people on this board disagree with me :)tongue:) but I think it's okay. Double Shael, 20 gloves, 20 amulet, 10 Nosferatu's Coil, 45% IAS circlet.

@CDM: You're thinking about whites, rares only can get +2. :p

learn something new every day. you were correct, but i wasnt "thinking of whites" i honestly didnt know of that particular caveat.

ok thanks you for the insight.

then the best for me should be:

5% chance to cast 1 lvl Amplify Damage on striking - procing suffix
2 to bow&Xbow skills - automod
300ed - prefix Cruel
150ed/250ar - prefix Master's
2sock - prefix Mechanic's
20ias - suffix Alacrity
+20 to Maximum Damage - suffix Slaughter

sockets - 2 x 40ed/15maxdmg jewels

Unfortunately, rares are pretty much doomed to be worse than faith/WF. Unless you count the amp, but atmas or lacerators work for that.

Unfortunately, rares are pretty much doomed to be worse than faith/WF. Unless you count the amp, but atmas or lacerators work for that.
Top end rare gmb has roughly same dmg as wf, same speed(both have plenty of spare space in setups to get 149 ias bp for 8 fpa which is damage optimal). has the amp advantage though. And no, atmas does not "take care of it". Taking assumption of atma amp being advantage implies also assuming bow amp to be an advantage, especially as the opportunity cost of using an amp bow compared to amp ammy is much lower(due to wf having not the dmg and speed advantages over amp bow that hl has over atma)

Fools is kind of useless on a bowa but the grinding mod adds more damage than an ohm would.. but can it cant spawn with 450 ed bows can it..

very little damage sacrifice is necessary to get 145 ias outside of bow slot. bow can add another 50. mb's speed advantage is only possibly an argument in non-damage optimal/low end setups. In damage optimal setups there is no way its DPS can exceed that of gmb's

Last edited:

i need fortitude and guliame face. i can achieve max break only using MB with that.

Not entirely sure of DPS variation when merc/amp is included, but guillames is a bad choice for a bowazon. Also, you can actually reach 8 frames with a rare GMB while wearing fort (although I don't entirely reccomend that).

WF has about 30 average damage over a rare GMB w/ 2x 40/15max, and also has massive dex if 08. Damage rates with MB are mostly abysmal. Shadow/diamond/ward bows are the only real options aside from GMB/WF.

I guess you're right about the AMP thing. I'm not very experienced w/ PvM. Not that we're going to see one spawn in the next 19 millenia though.

guliame face has 35 chance of crushing blow and 15 deadly strike - it adds huge damage againist bosses, also can be socketed. - no replacement for it actually.

I forget that Guillaume's Face has 35% crushing blow on it. I think I'll have a go at using this helm on my zon later today.

meh, it's nerfed at range. i personally think there's tons better helms for a zon than that one.

CB may be nerfed at range, but its still very underrated! I never make a physical damage bowa without it. And for a strafer, IAS isnt important..that leaves Guillaumes as a good option(except the look).

If CB wasnt nerfed with for ranged attacks, I think it would be overpowered.

Actually crushing blow is not nerfed at range, it just acts in 2 time less:

1/16 on bosses
1/8 - on other monsters

the same with open wounds.

with gore riders you will have 50% crushing, 30% deadly strike.

using guliame face + atma scrab +gore +faith MB I kill hell baal in 8ppl game in solo in 40 secs. Who faster? I believe that crushing blow do the job here.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High